Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

7 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Devs can't send in new patches after Store Shutdown.  

You can still access previous patches that have been implemented.

This was my biggest worry. I still have about 20 games to play on PS3 and most of them are on disc but I was worried the patches might not download after the store goes down

3 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

I don’t think this in particular is a huge deal. Most digital-only PS3/Vita crossbuys I’ve seen have shared trophy lists. Trophy lists didn’t start splitting/duplicating for crossbuys until the PS4/Vita ones.

That doesn't sound right. What about Sly Trilogy, Sly 4, PS All Stars, Sound Shapes, God of War Collection, Jak Trilogy, Ratchet Trilogy

Edited by HMS_Victor

1 hour ago, Dilust said:

This is another point that's not clear at all.

When I buy something crossbuy both versions are listed in the "Download list" even if I never actually downloaded them on my devices.

They say I would be able to download the contents from my Download list anytime.

And then they say I need to download the cross buy content on my devices, either PS3 or PS Vita.

Those last sentences have some logic fault.

I'd be gratefull with anybody can clear the matter.

It's simple: there are cases where you don't get all versions of a game through cross-buy at the same time, i.e. Oddworld New 'n' Tasty, when it was released, was exclusively on PS4. After some weeks/months, they released the PS3 and Vita versions, which were free for owners of the PS4 version.

It's like when you buy a Season Pass but there are no DLCs available, you'll have to grab them separately when they are eventually released.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 2:56 AM, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Quick question for anyone who knows: I think I have a few games that were crossbuys for Vita. Is there any way I can redeem/claim the Vita versions without a Vita? 

If you have a ps3, you can download the vita versions on there, and then transfer them to a vita

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HMS_Victor said:

That doesn't sound right. What about Sly Trilogy, Sly 4, PS All Stars, Sound Shapes, God of War Collection, Jak Trilogy, Ratchet Trilogy

A lot of these aren’t cross-buy, although you’re right about Sly 4 and PSASBR

Edited by BGriff1986

2 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

What happens if I bought a seasonpass that made the DLCs free, but didn't actually "buy" each DLC content for free? 

Theory is you might be SOL once the store closes. Best go back and “buy” them just to be sure they’re definitely in your download list

6 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Theory is you might be SOL once the store closes. Best go back and “buy” them just to be sure they’re definitely in your download list

Yeah I just need to remember which seasonpasses I bought without ever playing the game ? 

Life is strange comes to my mind 

15 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Yeah I just need to remember which seasonpasses I bought without ever playing the game 1f602.png 

Life is strange comes to my mind 

I don’t think I’ve got any, but then again I’m finding stuff in my download list that I have zero recollection of buying. Was ready to accept I’d never be able to 100% LBP / LBP2 because of the delisted DLC packs, turns out me-from-the-past apparently had the foresight to buy them years ago...!

1 hour ago, BGriff1986 said:

A lot of these aren’t cross-buy, although you’re right about Sly 4 and PSASBR

What do you mean? They're all cross buy aren't they? I know Sly trilogy and Jak trilogy definitely are and I'm pretty sure about the others 

13 minutes ago, HMS_Victor said:

What do you mean? They're all cross buy aren't they? I know Sly trilogy and Jak trilogy definitely are and I'm pretty sure about the others 

Jak trilogy isn't/wasn't cross buy in the US. I think I read somewhere that was only the in the EU.

24 minutes ago, HMS_Victor said:

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Jak trilogy isn't/wasn't cross buy in the US. I think I read somewhere that was only the in the EU.

Ratchet Trilogy isn’t cross-buy, either. Or at least the UK physical version wasn’t. Maybe it was in other markets and we just got shafted!

New article by Kirk McKeand via TheGamer: https://www.thegamer.com/meet-the-developers-who-are-about-to-lose-their-ps-vita-games-forever/

"I spoke to a bunch of devs whose PS Vita games are about to be lost. Some are losing money, some will lose years of work, some are crunching to hit deadlines, and most found out about the closure through our initial report".

Like many people have said already, Sony handled this poorly. They should've warned the people developing games for Vita earlier or given them more time.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, CL0CKW0RK133 said:

Out of curiosity, is there any information about how the wii store closure was handled?

I keep hearing that they handled that better than what Sony is doing now.

WiiStore was a staggered, but overall there was more notice.

- Closure announced September 2017

- Adding Wii Points stopped March 2018

- Purchases stopped January 2019

They were originally due to switch off the ability to download purchases in 2019 too, but I think that’s actually still up and running

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CL0CKW0RK133 said:

Out of curiosity, is there any information about how the wii store closure was handled?

I keep hearing that they handled that better than what Sony is doing now.

The good thing there is that you could have transfer all of your purchases to the newer console generation (WiiU). But for me it's the blast from the past. SCEI has been doing absolutely the same things Nintendo did once for me to leave their consoles behind for good.

1 minute ago, Radebe78 said:

That is exactly what I meant. First time inserting disc into ps3, old game and there is update 1.20 out there...hopefully this should still be working, since download of games will also work.

That’s the logic I’m working on. Even if they were different servers (which they probably aren’t) they wouldn’t keep up the one that let you download games but kill the one hosting patches

Thats shit, the least sony could have done was give a hard cutoff date for submissions on vita thats a minimum 6 months before closure announcement. At least with ps3 there hasn't been a game released since august 2020, and developers had somewhere to go in event of ps3 submissions stopping. People still wanted to support the vita because sony refuses to make another handheld, and the fact that developers were still willing to make games for this damn thing tells me that the demand for another sony handheld was there(even if it wouldn't do switch numbers).