Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

Anyone want to share what they plan on buying before the store shutdown? I'm planning on buying Ratchet Deadlocked, Metal Gear Rising VR Missions DLC and Dragon Age 2 DLC for a total of $39.95. I still have a few other games that I'm on the fence about getting the DLC for, like the AC4 multiplayer DLC, Shangri-La DLC pack for Black Ops 1, Mass Effect 2 DLC and Max Payne 3 DLC, which would bring my total up to $79.91. Though I likely won't go for the latter games because I can't really afford to drop an extra $40 for DLC that are way too expensive and don't really have a lot of content

Edited by BipolarBearTV

11 minutes ago, BipolarBearTV said:

Anyone want to share what they plan on buying before the store shutdown? I'm planning on buying Ratchet Deadlocked, Metal Gear Rising VR Missions DLC and Dragon Age 2 DLC for a total of $39.95. I still have a few other games that I'm on the fence about getting the DLC for, like the AC4 multiplayer DLC, Shangri-La DLC pack for Black Ops 1, Mass Effect 2 DLC and Max Payne 3 DLC, which would bring my total up to $79.91. Though I likely won't go for the latter games because I can't really afford to drop an extra $40 for DLC that are way too expensive and don't really have a lot of content

The conversation over here may be of interest to you... :) 

16 minutes ago, neobowler said:

Anyone read if trophy support will still be available for Vita and PS3 games?

Yeah, it will be. Some people are panicking that trophies getting switched off might be a “phase 2” but there’s nothing in the announcement to indicate that

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Yeah, it will be. Some people are panicking that trophies getting switched off might be a “phase 2” but there’s nothing in the announcement to indicate that

The thing is, If they are giving 3 months notice for the store closure, how much time would they give for the closure of the syncing servers which 99% of the players couldn't care less about?

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

Another very good Question, that one and knowing if servers and trophy sync is gonna be available is killing me.

i would think it's tied to the network itself across the multiple platforms. but that is my 2 cents.

i'm planning myself to try and target more ps3 games there's plenty i haven't started from years back.

Edited by kingdrake2

1 hour ago, GregHouse007 said:

The thing is, If they are giving 3 months notice for the store closure, how much time would they give for the closure of the syncing servers which 99% of the players couldn't care less about?

PS Now and PS3 trophy syncing basically work the same way. They’re (almost certainly) not going to kill one whilst the other is still live

23 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

Sony need to adress those things, why are you so sure? 1f61e.png

The announcement does a pretty comprehensive job (IMO) of listing what services are being affected. If it wasn’t listed, it’s cos it isn’t impacted

2 minutes ago, Winterglemm said:

Sony as a whole has become hot steaming garbage, they do not care about their history or their players

Nintendo players paid 60 dollars for Zelda Skyward sword after it was removed from their online marketplace and Mario 3d Allstars even after it was listed as LIMITED TIME ONLY, I have a feeling that many are going to do the same for the next PS3 remasters because Demon's Souls was such a hit.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1