WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, JaneAusten69 said:

I've neglected my Vita pretty bad.  Any must have recommendations that I should purchase before store closing?

Depends on what genre(s) you like, and whether or not you plan to use your Vita on-the-go.

I'll start by saying that if you like JRPGs, Persona 4 Golden is a Vita exclusive (at least when it comes to PS consoles).  Best game I've ever played, and I played it for the first time in 2020, so nostalgia is not a factor in this statement.

Edited by yuber1234

18 minutes ago, U4oloG said:
I calculated how much money I need to buy some games on vita - I will need $ 1000+. This is a lot for the Russian gamer. And this does not include games that cost $ 50+. And this must be done before August 2. I don't think I want to be a part of this.😔

I feel your pain. To get everything I want, will cost at least £3-400 so sacrifices will have to be made :(.

4 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

Depends on what genre(s) you like, and whether or not you plan to use your Vita on-the-go.

I'll start by saying that if you like JRPGs, Persona 4 Golden is a Vita exclusive (at least when it comes to PS consoles).  Best game I've ever played, and I played it for the first time in 2020, so nostalgia is not a factor in this statement.

100% agree with this. I only got my Vita a year ago specifically so I could play Persona 4 Golden, and it is hands down one of the best games I ever played

My opinion is that's a matter of time before legacy emulation comes to ps5 and possibly ps4. Here's hoping anyway!

I need to spend around £300-£350 for everything that I need. I already spent £50 today & I'll spend another £50 next week.

For those who don't have much money, buy only what you think it's completely necessary. Don't spend what you don't have.

For those who are wondering how to re-download already purchased stuff after the shotdown, do the following:

At XMB, highlight Playstation Network & choose Account Management->Transaction Management->Download List. There will be everything that you ever downloaded (except Themes).

13 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

PS3 emulation is quite impressive these days RPCS3 Emulator Turns Old PS3 Games Into Works of Art - ExtremeTech
Those dudes are fine-tuning it for most popular games but still, Demon's Souls in 60 fps? Even PS5 can't run Demon's Souls remake in 60 fps properly, only in performance mode.

And all of that is done by enthusiasts using reverse-engineering without any official documentation on PS3 hardware/software.

This is one of the most impressive ones, goes from single frame slideshow to 60 fps 4K

Posted (edited)

Just checked asuras wrath retail copies English copies are selling close to £80(could find them at 30 a few months ago) the only cheap ones are Japanese and oddly Spanish ones I'm already making a physical priority list for the games I need to buy first(at reasonable prices). Might have to invest in some promo copies lol

Edited by Sir_TyroneOBE

1 hour ago, CaptainMonkster said:

My opinion is that's a matter of time before legacy emulation comes to ps5 and possibly ps4. Here's hoping anyway!

While I hope for this too, I just wonder how it will be implemented. I would hope PS3 PSN or PS3 DLC purchases would appear for it based on a person's account but everything I've seen with the new store layout makes that seem impossible.

If it's disc based emulation, that's less of a problem (just pop it and the PS5 recognizes it as a PS3 game).

But so far with PS5, Sony hasn't given me any confidence.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

The game can be bought physically. The big problem is Vita/PS3 games are going to go through the fucking roof, thanks to Jim *fucking* Ryan being a total jerk.

Thanks Sony.

It can be bought physically, but it was already very expensive to do so when I looked it up a year ago.

I agree with the Jim Ryan remark though.

Edited by yuber1234

On 3/24/2021 at 6:48 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Not in the slightest. Even amidst bad decisions, Sony puts out better games. Xbox is just full of crickets, disappointments, and a terrible controller.

I feel like after reading so many comments in this thread we finally reveal who the xbox 360 players are that jumped ship to PS4 8 years ago. Now their jumping back to xbox. Quite pathetic if you ask me. Sticking with Playstation until the end. I grew up with this console as a kid and I tend on staying. 

7 hours ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

Just checked asuras wrath retail copies English copies are selling close to £80(could find them at 30 a few months ago) the only cheap ones are Japanese and oddly Spanish ones I'm already making a physical priority list for the games I need to buy first(at reasonable prices). Might have to invest in some promo copies lol

Yeah I haven't played Asuras Wrath and wasn't willing to fork over $80 for it lol. I got the JP version for about $20 and I just need to get the DLC from the JP store. Luckily the JP version lets you use english menus and subtitles.

20 minutes ago, WILD DOG said:

Yeah I haven't played Asuras Wrath and wasn't willing to fork over $80 for it lol. I got the JP version for about $20 and I just need to get the DLC from the JP store. Luckily the JP version lets you use english menus and subtitles.

Bought the EU DLC a while back so going to need to commit to English copy unfortunately though I don't doubt ill find a decent price.

14 hours ago, U4oloG said:
I calculated how much money I need to buy some games on vita - I will need $ 1000+. This is a lot for the Russian gamer. And this does not include games that cost $ 50+. And this must be done before August 2. I don't think I want to be a part of this.😔

Damn, that's including the vodka to go along?

43 minutes ago, Neptuos said:

Damn, that's including the vodka to go along?

Sorry but that was not it lets refrain from the jokes if we can't pull em off.

Posted (edited)

Ok, I just found out something that might make me forget about the PSP altogether, at least for now (I still need to find a list of all digital only games across all regions-I’m guessing there’s a master list for them somewhere). 

My biggest want for the PSP (Persona 3 Portable) is apparently also available on Vita. Can anyone confirm? I think it might be digital only on Vita though which unfortunately means I now have to rush to get a Vita before the store shuts down. Yay.

Plus there’s other games I think are digital only-Nightcry, Amnesia (the visual novel), Severed, and a few others. There’s also a few that, depending on cost, I might buy until I can find a decently priced physical copy-Silent Hill: Book of Memories, A Rose in Twilight, Persona 4 Golden, etc. 

Guessing I’ll have the most luck browsing locally and hoping that someone/some independent store selling doesn’t know about the shutdown and isn’t charging a ridiculous amount. 

I’m 99% sure the rest of the games I want for PSP are all physical (the first Star Ocean for example) and some are Japanese exclusives (and as I can’t currently speak Japanese I’m in no rush to buy them). 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Ok, I just found out something that might make me forget about the PSP altogether, at least for now (I still need to find a list of all digital only games across all regions-I’m guessing there’s a master list for them somewhere). 

My biggest want for the PSP (Persona 3 Portable) is apparently also available on Vita. Can anyone confirm? I think it might be digital only on Vita though which unfortunately means I now have to rush to get a Vita before the store shuts down. Yay.

Guessing I’ll have the most luck browsing locally and hoping that someone/some independent store selling doesn’t know about the shutdown and isn’t charging a ridiculous amount. 

I’m 99% sure the rest of the games I want for PSP are all physical (the first Star Ocean for example) and some are Japanese exclusives (and as I can’t currently speak Japanese I’m in no rush to buy them). 

It is available on the PS3 store I saw it when I was picking up persona 3 FES. Couldn't you than just download it from vita? 

Edit: Were you the person with the broken PS3 with no Wi-Fi?

Edited by Sir_TyroneOBE

Posted (edited)

Yep, that’s me. But planning to get it fixed soon. I can also probably borrow a friend’s PS3 to make purchases in an emergency, but I’d rather get mine fixed in time. 

Also, thanks-that’s good to know. I’d still want to get a Vita soon though since I’m worried about Sony potentially stopping redownloading/trophy syncing soon. (Not that trophies an issue for P3P-but they are for other games). 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

6 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

I feel like after reading so many comments in this thread we finally reveal who the xbox 360 players are that jumped ship to PS4 8 years ago. Now their jumping back to xbox. Quite pathetic if you ask me. Sticking with Playstation until the end. I grew up with this console as a kid and I tend on staying. 

Hey, it's been proven time and time again that people will stay in abusive relationships...no matter what.