Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

The game can be bought physically. The big problem is Vita/PS3 games are going to go through the fucking roof, thanks to Jim *fucking* Ryan being a total jerk.

Thanks Sony.

It can be bought physically, but it was already very expensive to do so when I looked it up a year ago.

I agree with the Jim Ryan remark though.

Edited by yuber1234

On 3/24/2021 at 6:48 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Not in the slightest. Even amidst bad decisions, Sony puts out better games. Xbox is just full of crickets, disappointments, and a terrible controller.

I feel like after reading so many comments in this thread we finally reveal who the xbox 360 players are that jumped ship to PS4 8 years ago. Now their jumping back to xbox. Quite pathetic if you ask me. Sticking with Playstation until the end. I grew up with this console as a kid and I tend on staying. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

Just checked asuras wrath retail copies English copies are selling close to £80(could find them at 30 a few months ago) the only cheap ones are Japanese and oddly Spanish ones I'm already making a physical priority list for the games I need to buy first(at reasonable prices). Might have to invest in some promo copies lol

Yeah I haven't played Asuras Wrath and wasn't willing to fork over $80 for it lol. I got the JP version for about $20 and I just need to get the DLC from the JP store. Luckily the JP version lets you use english menus and subtitles.

20 minutes ago, WILD DOG said:

Yeah I haven't played Asuras Wrath and wasn't willing to fork over $80 for it lol. I got the JP version for about $20 and I just need to get the DLC from the JP store. Luckily the JP version lets you use english menus and subtitles.

Bought the EU DLC a while back so going to need to commit to English copy unfortunately though I don't doubt ill find a decent price.

14 hours ago, U4oloG said:
I calculated how much money I need to buy some games on vita - I will need $ 1000+. This is a lot for the Russian gamer. And this does not include games that cost $ 50+. And this must be done before August 2. I don't think I want to be a part of this.?

Damn, that's including the vodka to go along?

• Like 1

Ok, I just found out something that might make me forget about the PSP altogether, at least for now (I still need to find a list of all digital only games across all regions-I’m guessing there’s a master list for them somewhere). 

My biggest want for the PSP (Persona 3 Portable) is apparently also available on Vita. Can anyone confirm? I think it might be digital only on Vita though which unfortunately means I now have to rush to get a Vita before the store shuts down. Yay.

Plus there’s other games I think are digital only-Nightcry, Amnesia (the visual novel), Severed, and a few others. There’s also a few that, depending on cost, I might buy until I can find a decently priced physical copy-Silent Hill: Book of Memories, A Rose in Twilight, Persona 4 Golden, etc. 

Guessing I’ll have the most luck browsing locally and hoping that someone/some independent store selling doesn’t know about the shutdown and isn’t charging a ridiculous amount. 

I’m 99% sure the rest of the games I want for PSP are all physical (the first Star Ocean for example) and some are Japanese exclusives (and as I can’t currently speak Japanese I’m in no rush to buy them). 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

7 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Ok, I just found out something that might make me forget about the PSP altogether, at least for now (I still need to find a list of all digital only games across all regions-I’m guessing there’s a master list for them somewhere). 

My biggest want for the PSP (Persona 3 Portable) is apparently also available on Vita. Can anyone confirm? I think it might be digital only on Vita though which unfortunately means I now have to rush to get a Vita before the store shuts down. Yay.

Guessing I’ll have the most luck browsing locally and hoping that someone/some independent store selling doesn’t know about the shutdown and isn’t charging a ridiculous amount. 

I’m 99% sure the rest of the games I want for PSP are all physical (the first Star Ocean for example) and some are Japanese exclusives (and as I can’t currently speak Japanese I’m in no rush to buy them). 

It is available on the PS3 store I saw it when I was picking up persona 3 FES. Couldn't you than just download it from vita? 

Edit: Were you the person with the broken PS3 with no Wi-Fi?

Edited by Sir_TyroneOBE
  • Like 1

Yep, that’s me. But planning to get it fixed soon. I can also probably borrow a friend’s PS3 to make purchases in an emergency, but I’d rather get mine fixed in time. 

Also, thanks-that’s good to know. I’d still want to get a Vita soon though since I’m worried about Sony potentially stopping redownloading/trophy syncing soon. (Not that trophies an issue for P3P-but they are for other games). 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

6 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

I feel like after reading so many comments in this thread we finally reveal who the xbox 360 players are that jumped ship to PS4 8 years ago. Now their jumping back to xbox. Quite pathetic if you ask me. Sticking with Playstation until the end. I grew up with this console as a kid and I tend on staying. 

Hey, it's been proven time and time again that people will stay in abusive relationships...no matter what. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baboon_overlord said:

Sad to say, as a Sony fanboy, it's over. Once I'm done with these purchases and a few PS4 games, I'm breaking up with you. You've changed and turned into a monster. Good riddance to this abusive relationship

I'm 42, probably a good time to retire from the game. If the pandemic ever goes away, I'll go back to my favorite hobby - training for, and climbing, extremely high, extremely dangerous mountains. Probably less stressful than being a PS owner at this point.

How Sony has changed is pretty comparable with that of EA and Activision.

It’s probably safe to say you’re one of the older people on these forums. Being around the block doesn’t even describe it. Older people are generally harder to please especially when it comes to new games. 

I find myself somewhere in the middle. Not as young as some of the early 20 something year olds who already shelled out money for a PS5, but not quite old enough to be a grizzled veteran as the guys in their 40s who are sort of hanging in the balance at this point. I tend to cling more to the older guys. The kids today... especially those still in high school and college, I can’t relate to them at all, especially when it comes to gaming. 

The kids can have their fun with Fortnite, but I’m done with multiplayer heavy MMOs and MOBAs. It’s funny, I was starting trophy hunting when I said my goodbyes to MMOs, one in particular that went down the shitter after an American investment company bought it. Now Sony is going downhill for the same reasons, it got greedy and shifted its focus entirely on something else. 

Should Sony announce they will cut off online integration for the PS3 and Vita, I will officially quit trophy hunting. There’s only so much I can tolerate before I’ve had enough.

• Like 3

On 31/3/2021 at 3:57 PM, HMS_Victor said:

I just looked it up and Ratchet Trilogy was cross buy if you got it digitally. Not the physical version. I got the physical one on PS3 but I'll need to buy it again for Vita. Jak was only cross buy in Europe (weird)

Nope I bought Jak in VITA and it shows in my download list in PS3

On 3/31/2021 at 4:12 PM, GregHouse007 said:

Well, his fear is not that they may or may not do that, is the fact that if they do that and give another 3 months until the servers for trophy syncing shut down, there is no way in hell he will finish playing everything he has in his PS3.

So, we basically need to play all that now because when they send the notice of trophy syncing ending, they will not give us a reasonable time to play what we have. Suddenly playing all those PS3 games feel like a "job" I have to do now

I've had this thought as well. Like, I LOVE the PS3, and I've been wanting to replay a bunch of the games on it for quite a while but just haven't gotten around to it, so it's not all that bad. At the same time, though, I do wonder how long the trophy servers (and things like cloud saving) will still be available. It doesn't help that I'm in the same position with Vita too, and I'm even more concerned there. A lot of the games I want to play are RPGs, and I just don't know if I'll be able to finish them in time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iceblade997 said:

I've had this thought as well. Like, I LOVE the PS3, and I've been wanting to replay a bunch of the games on it for quite a while but just haven't gotten around to it, so it's not all that bad. At the same time, though, I do wonder how long the trophy servers (and things like cloud saving) will still be available. It doesn't help that I'm in the same position with Vita too, and I'm even more concerned there. A lot of the games I want to play are RPGs, and I just don't know if I'll be able to finish them in time. 

Perhaps the synchronization of trophies will be available for a long time. Since there are disk games

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

The kids can have their fun with Fortnite, but I’m done with multiplayer heavy MMOs and MOBAs. It’s funny, I was starting trophy hunting when I said my goodbyes to MMOs, one in particular that went down the shitter after an American investment company bought it. Now Sony is going downhill for the same reasons, it got greedy and shifted its focus entirely on something else. 

Yes. My kids have fun play in Fortnite on my accaunt. My kids just aren't interested in trophies. They laugh at me and say, " Dad, why do you need this?" I have nothing to say. My childhood was marked by the collapse of the USSR. Trophies are like collecting coins for a collection. I'm sorry that I can't collect many because I work in the north and I go home 4 months a year. But I still don't understand why Sony is doing this? Why disable stores on previous generations? What for? Yes, young people may not want to play games from ps3, but 1 out of 10 people will definitely be a trophy hunter and would love to go through many games. Why would they bury their library? Nintendo attacked the pirates when their games were emulated. But apart from Zelda and Mario, they have nothing. Another confirmation of the fact that at the head of Sony is a complete idiot who does not understand anything

• Like 3

Just now, U4oloG said:

Perhaps the synchronization of trophies will be available for a long time. Since there are disk games

Hopefully :(. If I focus mainly on PS3 and Vita I think it'd still take 2 or so years to finish everything. Maybe longer... If nothing else, the good thing with this is that the PS4 seems tightly tied in with the PS5 so it should take a long while for those games to be cut off...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, U4oloG said:

Yes. My kids have fun play in Fortnite on my accaunt. My kids just aren't interested in trophies. They laugh at me and say, " Dad, why do you need this?" I have nothing to say. My childhood was marked by the collapse of the USSR. Trophies are like collecting coins for a collection. I'm sorry that I can't collect many because I work in the north and I go home 4 months a year. But I still don't understand why Sony is doing this? Why disable stores on previous generations? What for? Yes, young people may not want to play games from ps3, but 1 out of 10 people will definitely be a trophy hunter and would love to go through many games. Why would they bury their library? Nintendo attacked the pirates when their games were emulated. But apart from Zelda and Mario, they have nothing. Another confirmation of the fact that at the head of Sony is a complete idiot who does not understand anything

Nintendo's base is Smashbros, more than Mario, and there are good Luigis amd Yoshis games, you should include Kirby as well, Splatoon or Sonic exclusives for them

2 minutes ago, iceblade997 said:

Hopefully :(. If I focus mainly on PS3 and Vita I think it'd still take 2 or so years to finish everything. Maybe longer... If nothing else, the good thing with this is that the PS4 seems tightly tied in with the PS5 so it should take a long while for those games to be cut off...

I agree. But you have to force yourself to play what you put aside for later. This is not correct

1 minute ago, Pottercito_ said:

Nintendo's base is Smashbros, more than Mario, and there are good Luigis amd Yoshis games, you should include Kirby as well, Splatoon or Sonic exclusives for them

I figuratively said

20 minutes ago, U4oloG said:

I would honestly be more worried about Putin and the mob in Russia wanting their share of the pay than I would be about digital games becoming lost, but that's another topic for another day.

It becomes more apparent that the few who care about PS3 games are my peers and older. In 2006 - 2010 we were still going to college, my 16 - 18 year old self was still obsessed with reading gaming magazines at my local grocery store. It definitely feels strange that I feel far more excitement to look forward to and play Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots than I'm excited to play whatever 4K, 60 FPS AAA game Sony has cooked up for release in the near future.

Just let your kids have your fun. I've been through everything they're going through, and in 20 - 25 years time they're going to turn up like me, a long time gaming veteran who is disillusioned with the direction the industry has taken.

For now, I just hope that online integration for these older Sony consoles will stay intact for a good while.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I would honestly be more worried about Putin and the mob in Russia wanting their share of the pay than I would be about digital games becoming lost, but that's another topic for another day.

It becomes more apparent that the few who care about PS3 games are my peers and older. In 2006 - 2010 we were still going to college, my 16 - 18 year old self was still obsessed with reading gaming magazines at my local grocery store. It definitely feels strange that I feel far more excitement to look forward to and play Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots than I'm excited to play whatever 4K, 60 FPS AAA game Sony has cooked up for release in the near future.

Just let your kids have your fun. I've been through everything they're going through, and in 20 - 25 years time they're going to turn up like me, a long time gaming veteran who is disillusioned with the direction the industry has taken.

For now, I just hope that online integration for these older Sony consoles will stay intact for a good while.

I let them play the way they want. But Putin has nothing to do with it. The whole world has gone mad and is heading for Armageddon. Let's do it without politics. Gamers are out of politics.

• Like 1