Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

2 minutes ago, U4oloG said:

I let them play the way they want. But Putin has nothing to do with it. The whole world has gone mad and is heading for Armageddon. Let's do it without politics. Gamers are out of politics.

I'm making out a piece of history there. To be frank, gaming is pretty low on my list of priorities. I'm just sick and tired of seeing Sony try to fuck me over after I spent thousands of dollars on them going back to the PlayStation 2 days.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I'm making out a piece of history there. To be frank, gaming is pretty low on my list of priorities. I'm just sick and tired of seeing Sony try to fuck me over after I spent thousands of dollars on them going back to the PlayStation 2 days.

I agree with you. Sony has lost its reputation in my eyes.

• Like 4

On 30-3-2021 at 2:09 PM, SnowxSakura said:

All the while sony is laughing away at all the people panic spending on the store for full price games. They're really taking advantage of FOMO

This is not because of Fear Of Missing Out, but because of Content Unavailable Necessity To Spend.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, WILD DOG said:

Yeah I haven't played Asuras Wrath and wasn't willing to fork over $80 for it lol. I got the JP version for about $20 and I just need to get the DLC from the JP store. Luckily the JP version lets you use english menus and subtitles.

I just bagged the English pal copy for £11 YES HAHA GOD IS ON MY SIDE TODAY.

Edited by Sir_TyroneOBE
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

The decisions were made by people who probably have no real interest in their own product because at the end of the day, money is all that matters. 

That’s probably why they’re killing off certain games because they weren’t profitable. Sony couldn’t care less about Knack 2 or Nex Machina because well, they didn’t sell all that well. But put out another Last of Us Part II, they’re raking in the money. 

Pretty soon we may have to pick up physical games on the legacy systems thru some second hand retailer or if you’re real lucky, someone on eBay will sell the game you want at a reasonable price. 

My main issue is the lack of time. A few short months just isn’t enough. This is going to get piracy to increase for the select few who still care about the older games. 

Some asshole like Jim Ryan steps in, someone who probably wasn’t familiar with Sony products prior, and everything starts going downhill. It’s happened to many other companies in the past. Just look at EA nowadays and tell me they still care about the ‘art’ in video games. 

That’s how a lot of big business works.

If you think EA's bad, wait until you realize Activision is in the same, if not worse, position since someone who never, EVER sees gaming as art (Bobby Kotick) has been a CEO since the 90's. EA had got the bad change sometime on the way to the 2010s.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 2:19 PM, POEman553 said:

While I hope for this too, I just wonder how it will be implemented. I would hope PS3 PSN or PS3 DLC purchases would appear for it based on a person's account but everything I've seen with the new store layout makes that seem impossible.

If it's disc based emulation, that's less of a problem (just pop it and the PS5 recognizes it as a PS3 game).

But so far with PS5, Sony hasn't given me any confidence.

I imagine if they do anything it would either be through ps now or through a new emulation app called PlayStation legacy or something similar. Either way, it seems unlikely to be disc based it that's only my opinion and I don't know anything about how hard game emulation is to provide x)

9 minutes ago, Radgeck said:

Fuck, never buying digital again, and just out of spite, only used physical copies 

You should but today's physical is far less physical than it used to be at this point it's just a key, but I would still recommend physical anyway.

50 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

It's a good thing pirating exists.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Radgeck said:

Fuck, never buying digital again, and just out of spite, only used physical copies 

I always avoid digital as much as possible, and rarely buy digital-only games full price unless I really, really want them. I usually wait a year or two and see if a physical ever pops up, and if not, I wait until they're on sale for a reasonable amount. Even then, I still have a few hundred digital games across all my platforms with no physical alternative.

With the PS5/XSX, I got a feeling more and more games are going to start becoming digital only as the generation goes on, and their likelihood of getting even limited physicals willl probably be even less than what it is now. There's already some games "this" (8th) gen that I'm kinda surprised didn't get physicals. Some games have gotten physicals later, like Hellblade and Hollow Knight, but it's always kind of a toss up whether or not something will get physical down the line, and it's generally only the at least semi-popular games that do.

Really wish I could just stop buying digital games, but I know there's always going to be digital-only games I want, and that's going to overpower the other half of me that's "fuck digital".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I always avoid digital as much as possible, and rarely buy digital-only games full price unless I really, really want them. I usually wait a year or two and see if a physical ever pops up, and if not, I wait until they're on sale for a reasonable amount. Even then, I still have a few hundred digital games across all my platforms with no physical alternative.

With the PS5/XSX, I got a feeling more and more games are going to start becoming digital only as the generation goes on, and their likelihood of getting even limited physicals willl probably be even less than what it is now. There's already some games "this" (8th) gen that I'm kinda surprised didn't get physicals. Some games have gotten physicals later, like Hellblade and Hollow Knight, but it's always kind of a toss up whether or not something will get physical down the line, and it's generally only the at least semi-popular games that do.

Really wish I could just stop buying digital games, but I know there's always going to be digital-only games I want, and that's going to overpower the other half of me that's "fuck digital".

Yeah, they are slowly phasing out physical with their products the wording just years of slowly getting away from retail copies it just gives them more control which also gives them potential for more profit.

Edited by Sir_TyroneOBE
  • Like 1

I'm so gutted about this, I always play by vita and just platinumed persona 4 golden today. I have a lot of digital games compared to physical, good thing I've played most of them and downloaded all. 

If they are removing the store and also apparently the messaging system on vita, will the ability to earn and sync trophies stay or will they eventually remove that as well?

If they do, then I would stop playing the vita for good but it's such a great console for trophy hunting on the go. 

• Like 4

I'd really suggest buying any physical games you want now as well, because the market for physical PS3 games will change for the worst when the digital option is gone. It really makes me wish I could check out the used section at EBGames, but they're all pick-up only here.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

I'd really suggest buying any physical games you want now as well, because the market for physical PS3 games will change for the worst when the digital option is gone. It really makes me wish I could check out the used section at EBGames, but they're all pick-up only here.

You said it I'm already seeing the rise especially for disc only games and compilations like and Jak and Daxter which luckily I already own seen prices for it at least 50 and beyond and its only getting more expensive.

Edited by Sir_TyroneOBE

23 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I'm so gutted about this, I always play by vita and just platinumed persona 4 golden today. I have a lot of digital games compared to physical, good thing I've played most of them and downloaded all. 

If they are removing the store and also apparently the messaging system on vita, will the ability to earn and sync trophies stay or will they eventually remove that as well?

If they do, then I would stop playing the vita for good but it's such a great console for trophy hunting on the go. 

you can still sync no problem but any game that rely's on messaging for trophy will be unobtainable.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HMS_Victor said:

How is it pathetic? None of us signed our soul to Playstation. I'm sticking with them too but just because I prefer their games and their developers to Xbox's. If in 5 or 10 years time, consoles don't have exclusives anymore and you can stream the other console's games to yours, I would have no problem playing on Xbox. The ones that "jumped ship" to PS4 did it because Sony was doing good stuff while Microsoft wasn't. Now they're going back because Microsoft is doing good stuff while Sony isn't. IMO it's more pathetic to say you'll only stick with one brand and you'll accept everything they do wrong and mock others for going where they'll get better value

Gods, I've been a console player since 80s and never actually played PC cept for 1-2 games and emulation. I own pretty much all consoles ever released and only one MS, which is 360 since it really was good. I've done quite a lot to promote buying original games in my country since the situation here was FAR worse comparing to what the Italian mate mentions above. Now I'm seriously considering to switch to pc, which sounds like a nightmare for me. Call me a traitor and MS boy, yes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aishsha said:

Gods, I've been a console player since 80s and never actually played PC cept for 1-2 games and emulation. I own pretty much all consoles ever released and only one MS, which is 360 since it really was good. I've done quite a lot to promote buying original games in my country since the situation here was FAR worse comparing to what the Italian mate mentions above. Now I'm seriously considering to switch to pc, which sounds like a nightmare for me. Call me a traitor and MS boy, yes.

You ain't a traitor or an MS boy those people who are loyal towards a huge conglomerate and vow to use nothing else need a dash of salt and cold water thrown at them. You are just being realistic and looking at the whole, and you're seeing how shit Sony is treating their customers and considering switching which would be the logical thing if they kept this up so just keep doing you. 

Edited by Sir_TyroneOBE
  • Like 4