Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

Just now, JunkSkelington said:

Trophies require a manual sync on PS3 so a network shutdown means more than just "you can't buy any new games/DLC", it would also mean you can't earn/sync any trophies to your PSNprofile.  If true better get to work on any procrastinating you've done with PS3 games on your profile stat.

Syncing trophies isn't exactly related to the store itself.  I mean, you can't even go view the trophy list from the store.  Syncing trophies likely will stop being supported in time but if the store shuts down that's not going away at the same time.

2 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Syncing trophies isn't exactly related to the store itself.  I mean, you can't even go view the trophy list from the store.  Syncing trophies likely will stop being supported in time but if the store shuts down that's not going away at the same time.

Hmmm ? maybe this will be taken within the shutdown of PS3/PS vita completely 

Edited by ahmwe

1 minute ago, Pottercito_ said:

Oh sorry I think it was something like HEN or HAN.

Anyway, Sony does not care about PS3 in 2021. Who is banned in PS3 in 2021? You should have very bad luck

No worries. And yeah I was talking about PC emulators. I don't even know what HAN or HEN are

2 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Historically a shutdown/end of life of a console is removal of all services, not just their marketplace.  Since this is still just a rumor who knows what the answer is but it seems very unlikely Sony cares enough about trophies to maintain that portion of the network after the storefront of PSN is disabled.  I imagine these will be gone at the same time.

1 minute ago, JunkSkelington said:

Historically a shutdown/end of life of a console is removal of all services, not just their marketplace.  Since this is still just a rumor who knows what the answer is but it seems very unlikely Sony cares enough about trophies to maintain that portion of the network after the storefront of PSN is disabled.  I imagine these will be gone at the same time.

Can't really say that when no system that had trophies or achievements has shut down before.  The rumor also doesn't include a mention of PS Now no longer supporting PS3 games, which implies that if by chance it is true that trophy syncing will still be possible.

Just now, BigBossSkillz said:

why should any of us believe its fake until sony say as such. Its easy to believe with the way sony has been moving recently 

You would do better with wanting people to prove their rumors true instead of believing everything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Can't really say that when no system that had trophies or achievements has shut down before.  The rumor also doesn't include a mention of PS Now no longer supporting PS3 games, which implies that if by chance it is true that trophy syncing will still be possible.

No company cares about trophies to the extent people of this community would.  They're an afterthought at best.  If sony can't make money with the store shutdown expecting them to support trophies out of their own pocket on a dead system seems like pretty wishful thinking.

RE: PSNow.  PSnow has nothing to do with PS3 support even if PSNow has PS3 games.  PSNow is a cloud streaming service that works on modern machines, has nothing to do with supporting an online network for a 15 year old console.

2 minutes ago, BigBossSkillz said:

why should any of us believe its fake until sony say as such. Its easy to believe with the way sony has been moving recently 

I can't help but think when I read something so beyond stupid on a forum, I think they must be here to troll. How do you think Sony "has been moving recently"? Cause umm from what I've been seeing they...

- give us digital discounts every month

- made a digital only PS5

- are very much promoting digital games by doing the following: PS+ monthly games, Play At Home games, PS Now subscription, literally stating in the store why digital pre-orders are a must.

They are literally shoving it in people's face: DIGITAL DIGITAL DIGITAL

• Like 2

My dream solution is that Sony under new leadership would make a online Storefront like steam & offer all classic games from PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita, PS4 & current PS5 and then maintain old online servers for older games or some type of service that you can host old game online servers. Bringing new games and able to play old games. Even reviving old services & making them better. 

Realistically Though, If the old game console storefronts are indeed shutdown and other online services with it that means we are restricted to PS4 & PS5 along with anything new.  Unfortunately in order for to maintain these old games they would have to be ported into another console/service.  Emulators and user made stuff could keep em alive but who knows.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I can't help but think when I read something so beyond stupid on a forum, I think they must be here to troll. How do you think Sony "has been moving recently"? Cause umm from what I've been seeing they...

- give us digital discounts every month

- made a digital only PS5

- are very much promoting digital games by doing the following: PS+ monthly games, Play At Home games, PS Now subscription, literally stating in the store why digital pre-orders are a must.

They are literally shoving it in people's face: DIGITAL DIGITAL DIGITAL

digital digital digital on x86 based hardware that are easily maintained within cloud infrastructure.  The PS3 is a complete snowflake with terrible (by modern standards) design and difficult supportability.  From 4 on these are just mini computers so maintaining a network is much easier/more logical.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JunkSkelington said:

RE: PSNow.  PSnow has nothing to do with PS3 support even if PSNow has PS3 games.  PSNow is a cloud streaming service that works on modern machines, has nothing to do with supporting an online network for a 15 year old console.

PSNow is powered by custom PS3 hardware, essentially headless consoles merged onto one unit in a server rack. It uses the same network that everyone who plays on PS3 is using right now. The two are very interrelated. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

You would do better with wanting people to prove their rumors true instead of believing everything.

Very much this. I am placing absolutely no trust in this mysterious source from a site I've never heard of. This is as bad as Trump saying "Many people are saying...". The fact the thread has got so many replies is amazing