Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

1 minute ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

You forgot 4: Deleting all existing PS3 and Vita trophies from everyone's profiles to banish the memory of these blasphemous consoles forever.

OMG! The horrors continue. :o

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Then there's stuff like X-Men: Destiny, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw and Splatterhouse which all have just a physical release.

Heh, I'd give you my Lollypop Chainsaw, I didn't really like the game all that much.

Unfortunately it has a shitty online leaderboard trophy where you need to complete the game first, then complete the time attack mode on every level and then you can upload to the online server (god knows who owns that server) That's another game that despite being physical, it's gonna be an unobtainable platinum sometime in the near future even though it's a completely offline game.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1475-lollipop-chainsaw/18-international-zombie-hunter

You will still be able to re-download and play game titles you have claimed through PlayStation®Plus as long as you remain a member of the service.

Any thoughts on whether letting your PS+ subscription run out and then later resubscribing would still add your PS+ games back into your download list? I can't tell with the language they used here: "as long as you remain", not "as long as you are an active subscriber of". Remain is a strong word...

I want to think that this whole change is specifically about removing the functionality of purchasing games through the store, and that any other processes that add games to your download list (like redeeming codes, purchasing cross-buy on PS4, resubsribing to PS+) will continue to do so after they have closed the store. But am I just being too optimistic about this? It would be terrible if even the slightest lapse in your subscription just permanently removed your years long collection of PS+ games.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mekktor said:

Any thoughts on whether letting your PS+ subscription run out and then later resubscribing would still add your PS+ games back into your download list? I can't tell with the language they used here: "as long as you remain", not "as long as you are an active subscriber of". Remain is a strong word...

I want to think that this whole change is specifically about removing the functionality of purchasing games through the store, and that any other processes that add games to your download list (like redeeming codes, purchasing cross-buy on PS4, resubsribing to PS+) will continue to do so after they have closed the store. But am I just being too optimistic about this? It would be terrible if even the slightest lapse in your subscription just permanently removed your years long collection of PS+ games.

PS+ games will always be on your account, just "hidden" when the subscription runs out. They have already confirmed that redeeming will still work, and you could always resubscribe through other means (web browser, PS4, PS5, etc.) anyway.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

I know it's pretty much old news now but I still can't believe how Sony are drowning their older platforms and digital content. 

It doesn't sit right at all and the worst thing is, I don't even think they realise how many people they've made get their backs up.

Push people too hard and there ARE other options. Yes, I get achievements aren't exactly trophies but if Sony continue then I feel Xbox will be the ship communities like ours will jump to.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Heh, I'd give you my Lollypop Chainsaw, I didn't really like the game all that much.

Unfortunately it has a shitty online leaderboard trophy where you need to complete the game first, then complete the time attack mode on every level and then you can upload to the online server (god knows who owns that server) That's another game that despite being physical, it's gonna be an unobtainable platinum sometime in the near future even though it's a completely offline game.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1475-lollipop-chainsaw/18-international-zombie-hunter

I bought it because of Suda51 but I played the game over and over and I don’t remember it being too long. Wish there was a boss rush option, though. The trophy about getting up the building without being hit was difficult because of how random the attacks are. Was one of the only games I ever 100%’d on the 360 back in the day.

59 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

PS+ games will always be on your account, just "hidden" when the subscription runs out.

When you resubscribe to PS+, the purchase date of your PS+ games is set to the date you resubscribed. Who knows what's going on in their system to make it appear like that, and if closing the store will affect it... I was hoping the language in their notice would be clearer about it, and honestly it's pointless even trying to ask support for clarification on things like this, so unless there's some more official info about it, I guess we will have to wait and see.

On 08/04/2021 at 2:49 AM, Lem-77 said:

http://chng.it/nxcPxyHGHW

I just wanted to let everybody know, that the petition that was posted here earlier in this topic, has now reached at least 1000 signatures as of this time. Realistically I am aware that the chances for it to succeed are all over the place. I still like for some sort of chance or something along those lines to happen, to show Sony that they shouldn't do this. So hopefully the petition keeps growing in general and/or other things occur before this Summer, for some sort of reversal.

Thanks for sharing this. I sent it to all of my friends (even the ones who aren't gamers lol).

• Like 3

On 8/4/2021 at 7:49 AM, Lem-77 said:

http://chng.it/nxcPxyHGHW

I just wanted to let everybody know, that the petition that was posted here earlier in this topic, has now reached at least 1000 signatures as of this time. Realistically I am aware that the chances for it to succeed are all over the place. I still like for some sort of chance or something along those lines to happen, to show Sony that they shouldn't do this. So hopefully the petition keeps growing in general and/or other things occur before this Summer, for some sort of reversal.

I just signed the petition. At least we have to try. 

Maybe we can try to pressure on twitter, or even contact there whichever association runs the film preservation project. These things will probably be ignored, but it's worth a shot.

• Like 3

I've bought quite a few things this morning (mainly DLC including the character DLC for Disgaea D2 US) and it seems like the PlayStation Store crashes my PS3 every time I use it. One of my most recent purchases hasn't shown up in the download list yet and I can't re-add the items to my cart.  I don't remember it being this bad -- I imagine it'll be like this between now and the shutdown on July 2.

EDIT: I was able to get the purchased items to appear in my download list now. I did 'Restore Licenses' on my PS4 and everything I purchased on PS3 appeared.

Edited by POEman553

6 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

This PS4 type store on PS3 always was garbage. Previous native ps3 store was ultra fast. Sony is terrible like always in every aspect 

But that's what they wanted even when the new PS3 store launched people complained about its optimization on PS3 they have been pushing this for a while I mean they don't want to give users more reasons to stay on this platform.

• Like 1

Too bad the rumour was true. Some people fear that online functionality will also change with the stores closing. I wondered if there is a list of Vita games or a forumtopic that have one or more online Trophies. Otherwise we might need one before August.