WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,373 posts in this topic

Signed the petition. I don't have high hopes for this whole situation, but it's worth a shot.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

 

Vote with your wallet.

Don't buy a PS5. Only buy used games.

Buy an XBOX.

 

This petition is useless, since they care about money and not about imaginary internet votes.

It's very sad what happened to PlayStation.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So hypothetically if I have a Vita game that's unopened and I decide to play it AFTER the store shuts down will I still be able to download all the necessary updates for said game or will I be SOL? This question may have already been answered so I apologize in advance it it has, don't feel like reading 90 pages of replies.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

So hypothetically if I have a Vita game that's unopened and I decide to play it AFTER the store shuts down will I still be able to download all the necessary updates for said game or will I be SOL? This question may have already been answered so I apologize in advance it it has, don't feel like reading 90 pages of replies.  

 

At this moment there is no reason to think that downloads will be affected. Sony has stated that purchased games will remain available. This also means that any patches should still be available. What will disappear (for now) is the possibility to buy digital games for PS3 and Vita. If for some reason downloads stop working after store closure, that will cause a shit storm of such magnitude that Sony will have no other option than to repair it.

 

Having said that, there is a reason why I have started focusing on trophies for PS3 games pretty much exclusively now. I may not distrust Sony's intentions most of the time, but I do mistrust their competence all of the time.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@pinkrobot_pb Awesome thanks for the reply, good to know. I have quite a few unopened Vita games (I like to wait to unwrap them till I'm ready to play, it's like a mini Christmas for me lol) that I've been waiting to play. Due to the announcement of the store closing though a few of them have shot up in price significantly so I'm thinking about just keeping them sealed and seeing how much the price goes up after the shut down. Just wanting to know in case I decide to not sell and play them in like a year if the updates will still work for them assuming there are updates/patches. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

 

You forgot 4: Deleting all existing PS3 and Vita trophies from everyone's profiles to banish the memory of these blasphemous consoles forever.

 

OMG! The horrors continue. :o

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're going to catch Sony employees collecting all the ps3s and vitas they can and burning them all in a pile.(Long live the digital regime)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*deleted*

Edited by HoorayForTyler
Question answered.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Then there's stuff like X-Men: Destiny, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw and Splatterhouse which all have just a physical release.

 

Heh, I'd give you my Lollypop Chainsaw, I didn't really like the game all that much.

 

Unfortunately it has a shitty online leaderboard trophy where you need to complete the game first, then complete the time attack mode on every level and then you can upload to the online server (god knows who owns that server) That's another game that despite being physical, it's gonna be an unobtainable platinum sometime in the near future even though it's a completely offline game.

 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1475-lollipop-chainsaw/18-international-zombie-hunter

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

You will still be able to re-download and play game titles you have claimed through PlayStation®Plus as long as you remain a member of the service.

 

Any thoughts on whether letting your PS+ subscription run out and then later resubscribing would still add your PS+ games back into your download list? I can't tell with the language they used here: "as long as you remain", not "as long as you are an active subscriber of". Remain is a strong word...

 

I want to think that this whole change is specifically about removing the functionality of purchasing games through the store, and that any other processes that add games to your download list (like redeeming codes, purchasing cross-buy on PS4, resubsribing to PS+) will continue to do so after they have closed the store. But am I just being too optimistic about this? It would be terrible if even the slightest lapse in your subscription just permanently removed your years long collection of PS+ games.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mekktor said:

 

Any thoughts on whether letting your PS+ subscription run out and then later resubscribing would still add your PS+ games back into your download list? I can't tell with the language they used here: "as long as you remain", not "as long as you are an active subscriber of". Remain is a strong word...

 

I want to think that this whole change is specifically about removing the functionality of purchasing games through the store, and that any other processes that add games to your download list (like redeeming codes, purchasing cross-buy on PS4, resubsribing to PS+) will continue to do so after they have closed the store. But am I just being too optimistic about this? It would be terrible if even the slightest lapse in your subscription just permanently removed your years long collection of PS+ games.

 

PS+ games will always be on your account, just "hidden" when the subscription runs out. They have already confirmed that redeeming will still work, and you could always resubscribe through other means (web browser, PS4, PS5, etc.) anyway.

Edited by Lance_87
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This new administration(Jim's) is quite something. I mean that in a negative way.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's pretty much old news now but I still can't believe how Sony are drowning their older platforms and digital content. 

 

It doesn't sit right at all and the worst thing is, I don't even think they realise how many people they've made get their backs up.

 

Push people too hard and there ARE other options. Yes, I get achievements aren't exactly trophies but if Sony continue then I feel Xbox will be the ship communities like ours will jump to.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, enaysoft said:

 

Heh, I'd give you my Lollypop Chainsaw, I didn't really like the game all that much.

 

Unfortunately it has a shitty online leaderboard trophy where you need to complete the game first, then complete the time attack mode on every level and then you can upload to the online server (god knows who owns that server) That's another game that despite being physical, it's gonna be an unobtainable platinum sometime in the near future even though it's a completely offline game.

 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1475-lollipop-chainsaw/18-international-zombie-hunter

I bought it because of Suda51 but I played the game over and over and I don’t remember it being too long. Wish there was a boss rush option, though. The trophy about getting up the building without being hit was difficult because of how random the attacks are. Was one of the only games I ever 100%’d on the 360 back in the day.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

PS+ games will always be on your account, just "hidden" when the subscription runs out.

 

When you resubscribe to PS+, the purchase date of your PS+ games is set to the date you resubscribed. Who knows what's going on in their system to make it appear like that, and if closing the store will affect it... I was hoping the language in their notice would be clearer about it, and honestly it's pointless even trying to ask support for clarification on things like this, so unless there's some more official info about it, I guess we will have to wait and see.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/04/2021 at 2:49 AM, Lem-77 said:

http://chng.it/nxcPxyHGHW

 

I just wanted to let everybody know, that the petition that was posted here earlier in this topic, has now reached at least 1000 signatures as of this time. Realistically I am aware that the chances for it to succeed are all over the place. I still like for some sort of chance or something along those lines to happen, to show Sony that they shouldn't do this. So hopefully the petition keeps growing in general and/or other things occur before this Summer, for some sort of reversal.

 

Thanks for sharing this. I sent it to all of my friends (even the ones who aren't gamers lol).

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.