WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Heh, I'd give you my Lollypop Chainsaw, I didn't really like the game all that much.

Unfortunately it has a shitty online leaderboard trophy where you need to complete the game first, then complete the time attack mode on every level and then you can upload to the online server (god knows who owns that server) That's another game that despite being physical, it's gonna be an unobtainable platinum sometime in the near future even though it's a completely offline game.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1475-lollipop-chainsaw/18-international-zombie-hunter

I bought it because of Suda51 but I played the game over and over and I don’t remember it being too long. Wish there was a boss rush option, though. The trophy about getting up the building without being hit was difficult because of how random the attacks are. Was one of the only games I ever 100%’d on the 360 back in the day.

59 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

PS+ games will always be on your account, just "hidden" when the subscription runs out.

When you resubscribe to PS+, the purchase date of your PS+ games is set to the date you resubscribed. Who knows what's going on in their system to make it appear like that, and if closing the store will affect it... I was hoping the language in their notice would be clearer about it, and honestly it's pointless even trying to ask support for clarification on things like this, so unless there's some more official info about it, I guess we will have to wait and see.

On 08/04/2021 at 2:49 AM, Lem-77 said:

http://chng.it/nxcPxyHGHW

I just wanted to let everybody know, that the petition that was posted here earlier in this topic, has now reached at least 1000 signatures as of this time. Realistically I am aware that the chances for it to succeed are all over the place. I still like for some sort of chance or something along those lines to happen, to show Sony that they shouldn't do this. So hopefully the petition keeps growing in general and/or other things occur before this Summer, for some sort of reversal.

Thanks for sharing this. I sent it to all of my friends (even the ones who aren't gamers lol).

On 8/4/2021 at 7:49 AM, Lem-77 said:

I just wanted to let everybody know, that the petition that was posted here earlier in this topic, has now reached at least 1000 signatures as of this time. Realistically I am aware that the chances for it to succeed are all over the place. I still like for some sort of chance or something along those lines to happen, to show Sony that they shouldn't do this. So hopefully the petition keeps growing in general and/or other things occur before this Summer, for some sort of reversal.

I just signed the petition. At least we have to try. 

Maybe we can try to pressure on twitter, or even contact there whichever association runs the film preservation project. These things will probably be ignored, but it's worth a shot.

Posted (edited)

I've bought quite a few things this morning (mainly DLC including the character DLC for Disgaea D2 US) and it seems like the PlayStation Store crashes my PS3 every time I use it. One of my most recent purchases hasn't shown up in the download list yet and I can't re-add the items to my cart.  I don't remember it being this bad -- I imagine it'll be like this between now and the shutdown on July 2.

EDIT: I was able to get the purchased items to appear in my download list now. I did 'Restore Licenses' on my PS4 and everything I purchased on PS3 appeared.

Edited by POEman553

6 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

This PS4 type store on PS3 always was garbage. Previous native ps3 store was ultra fast. Sony is terrible like always in every aspect 

But that's what they wanted even when the new PS3 store launched people complained about its optimization on PS3 they have been pushing this for a while I mean they don't want to give users more reasons to stay on this platform.

Too bad the rumour was true. Some people fear that online functionality will also change with the stores closing. I wondered if there is a list of Vita games or a forumtopic that have one or more online Trophies. Otherwise we might need one before August.

An under-discussed topicality I find to this discussion of platform store shutdowns is how not enough people support physical sales. This is why digital will always be inferior. Even if the digital sale has a game I want for $5-10 cheaper.

8 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

An under-discussed topicality I find to this discussion of platform store shutdowns is how not enough people support physical sales. This is why digital will always be inferior. Even if the digital sale has a game I want for $5-10 cheaper.

I agree but nowadays physical games don't have half the game anyways. Not even talking about patches or updates, just not even the full games!

Posted (edited)

https://www.psu.com/news/fans-are-petitioning-to-save-the-ps3-psp-and-ps-vita-stores-following-sonys-decision-to-close-them/

An article on Playstation Universe was made on July 7th regarding the petitions made to save these stores. It refers to how the following twitter account (Delisted Games) has brought attention to these petitions to save the PS3 and Vita stores.

https://twitter.com/DelistedGames/status/1379530770696507397

The first petition which has been posted before now currently has at least 1500 signatures as of this time was part of the article from Playstation Universe and the Delisted Games twitter account.

The second petition which I found out about (and can also use support) which is nearing 400 signatures as of this time, regarding all of this.

http://chng.it/knNv6RS5wd

Edited by Lem-77

10 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

If only they gave a 1 year notice or closed the stores 1 year MINIMUM after the announcement, I would be able to buy everything comfortably. 3 months in the middle of a pandemic, for something this big that shouldn't even happen at all without alternatives like BC. I'm so pissed off. Bad news after bad news with Sony in the recent years.

Exactly, even 6 months would be better, but 3 months????!!!!!!! 

Anyone know if the Online Servers  for PS3 games and games patches for games in disc format will be still be available??? 

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

Exactly, even 6 months would be better, but 3 months????!!!!!!! 

Anyone know if the Online Servers  for PS3 games and games patches for games in disc format will be still be available??? 

The servers are up to the publisher so some will close but others won't. As for patches, some are already having serious problems with not being able to download them but no-one knows why.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I braved the local shops and basically traded in all my 360 stuff for ps3 stuff. Got extremely lucky with a few games that are selling on amazon for like sixty bucks. Was glad to give my money to them and not spend it in the ps3 store (take THAT, Sony!) until I realized I need to buy a dlc or two😫 I am not looking forward to it, doesn't seem like anybody is having a good time in the ps3 store. Kinda shitty we have to take these measures just to be able to play certain games, but oh well. Sony gonna Sony.

2 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

I braved the local shops and basically traded in all my 360 stuff for ps3 stuff. Got extremely lucky with a few games that are selling on amazon for like sixty bucks. Was glad to give my money to them and not spend it in the ps3 store (take THAT, Sony!) until I realized I need to buy a dlc or two1f62b.png I am not looking forward to it, doesn't seem like anybody is having a good time in the ps3 store. Kinda shitty we have to take these measures just to be able to play certain games, but oh well. Sony gonna Sony.

Oh, and also sometimes the PS3 store will just decide you are not worthy enough to purchase from it, so you won't be able to just adding salt to the wound.

16 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers are up to the publisher so some will close but others won't. As for patches, some are already having serious problems with not being able to download them but no-one knows why.

What kind of problems and what games??? 

10 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

What kind of problems and what games??? 

Check that thread out.

After reading about people having patching problems I went and patched/installed all of the games I already had trophy pages for this morning. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (US) was one that didn't patch for me, like others are experiencing.

Posted (edited)

Does anybody know if I can still download a game from a game code (specifically Sly 3 for Vita from the Sly Cooper Collection) after the store is closed? I may be able to buy a physical copy at a decent price in the coming weeks but don't want to have to rush just yet.

I know already purchased games aren't affected and are able to be downloaded but not sure about game codes in purchased physical copies.

Apologies if this has been answered before in this thread, I am trying to keep up a couple of times a day but it's insanely long at this point.

EDIT: Just read that the codes for that game have all expired now so I guess that answers my question anyways

Edited by s_cubasteve

Have a question. When ps vita store be closed, if I buy cross buy title on PS4 I will be able to download and play it on Vita? Thanks

6 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Have a question. When ps vita store be closed, if I buy cross buy title on PS4 I will be able to download and play it on Vita? Thanks

When you buy Cross buy, it allows you to download the Vita version too. HOWEVER you seem to need to have downloaded the game at least once. Otherwise it won't be in your downloads list (for some reason, maybe a bug)

Presumably when the store is closed you will only be able to download games using that painfully my downloads long list, no search feature in that...

As if you're trying to find a game you downloaded 6 years via twitter or something, scroll and scroll and scroll down until you find it, or skip past it by mistake (which is what happens to me anyway)