Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

An under-discussed topicality I find to this discussion of platform store shutdowns is how not enough people support physical sales. This is why digital will always be inferior. Even if the digital sale has a game I want for $5-10 cheaper.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

An under-discussed topicality I find to this discussion of platform store shutdowns is how not enough people support physical sales. This is why digital will always be inferior. Even if the digital sale has a game I want for $5-10 cheaper.

I agree but nowadays physical games don't have half the game anyways. Not even talking about patches or updates, just not even the full games!

• Like 2

https://www.psu.com/news/fans-are-petitioning-to-save-the-ps3-psp-and-ps-vita-stores-following-sonys-decision-to-close-them/

An article on Playstation Universe was made on July 7th regarding the petitions made to save these stores. It refers to how the following twitter account (Delisted Games) has brought attention to these petitions to save the PS3 and Vita stores.

https://twitter.com/DelistedGames/status/1379530770696507397

The first petition which has been posted before now currently has at least 1500 signatures as of this time was part of the article from Playstation Universe and the Delisted Games twitter account.

http://chng.it/nxcPxyHGHW

The second petition which I found out about (and can also use support) which is nearing 400 signatures as of this time, regarding all of this.

http://chng.it/knNv6RS5wd

Edited by Lem-77
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

If only they gave a 1 year notice or closed the stores 1 year MINIMUM after the announcement, I would be able to buy everything comfortably. 3 months in the middle of a pandemic, for something this big that shouldn't even happen at all without alternatives like BC. I'm so pissed off. Bad news after bad news with Sony in the recent years.

Exactly, even 6 months would be better, but 3 months????!!!!!!! 

Anyone know if the Online Servers  for PS3 games and games patches for games in disc format will be still be available??? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

Exactly, even 6 months would be better, but 3 months????!!!!!!! 

Anyone know if the Online Servers  for PS3 games and games patches for games in disc format will be still be available??? 

The servers are up to the publisher so some will close but others won't. As for patches, some are already having serious problems with not being able to download them but no-one knows why.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I braved the local shops and basically traded in all my 360 stuff for ps3 stuff. Got extremely lucky with a few games that are selling on amazon for like sixty bucks. Was glad to give my money to them and not spend it in the ps3 store (take THAT, Sony!) until I realized I need to buy a dlc or two? I am not looking forward to it, doesn't seem like anybody is having a good time in the ps3 store. Kinda shitty we have to take these measures just to be able to play certain games, but oh well. Sony gonna Sony.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

I braved the local shops and basically traded in all my 360 stuff for ps3 stuff. Got extremely lucky with a few games that are selling on amazon for like sixty bucks. Was glad to give my money to them and not spend it in the ps3 store (take THAT, Sony!) until I realized I need to buy a dlc or two1f62b.png I am not looking forward to it, doesn't seem like anybody is having a good time in the ps3 store. Kinda shitty we have to take these measures just to be able to play certain games, but oh well. Sony gonna Sony.

Oh, and also sometimes the PS3 store will just decide you are not worthy enough to purchase from it, so you won't be able to just adding salt to the wound.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hwoarang_21 said:

What kind of problems and what games??? 

Check that thread out.

After reading about people having patching problems I went and patched/installed all of the games I already had trophy pages for this morning. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (US) was one that didn't patch for me, like others are experiencing.

• Like 1

Does anybody know if I can still download a game from a game code (specifically Sly 3 for Vita from the Sly Cooper Collection) after the store is closed? I may be able to buy a physical copy at a decent price in the coming weeks but don't want to have to rush just yet.

I know already purchased games aren't affected and are able to be downloaded but not sure about game codes in purchased physical copies.

Apologies if this has been answered before in this thread, I am trying to keep up a couple of times a day but it's insanely long at this point.

EDIT: Just read that the codes for that game have all expired now so I guess that answers my question anyways

Edited by s_cubasteve

6 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Have a question. When ps vita store be closed, if I buy cross buy title on PS4 I will be able to download and play it on Vita? Thanks

When you buy Cross buy, it allows you to download the Vita version too. HOWEVER you seem to need to have downloaded the game at least once. Otherwise it won't be in your downloads list (for some reason, maybe a bug)

Presumably when the store is closed you will only be able to download games using that painfully my downloads long list, no search feature in that...

As if you're trying to find a game you downloaded 6 years via twitter or something, scroll and scroll and scroll down until you find it, or skip past it by mistake (which is what happens to me anyway)

3 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

When you buy Cross buy, it allows you to download the Vita version too. HOWEVER you seem to need to have downloaded the game at least once. Otherwise it won't be in your downloads list (for some reason, maybe a bug)

Presumably when the store is closed you will only be able to download games using that painfully my downloads long list, no search feature in that...

As if you're trying to find a game you downloaded 6 years via twitter or something, scroll and scroll and scroll down until you find it, or skip past it by mistake (which is what happens to me anyway)

Don’t know 100% answer still because I have some games cross buy from PS4 and I see them on download list,but never played still. I know I need to download some games that says ‘free’ after cross buy on PS3/4,but some other games like ratalaika I buy once on PS4 and see on Vita download list

5 hours ago, s_cubasteve said:

Does anybody know if I can still download a game from a game code (specifically Sly 3 for Vita from the Sly Cooper Collection) after the store is closed? I may be able to buy a physical copy at a decent price in the coming weeks but don't want to have to rush just yet.

I know already purchased games aren't affected and are able to be downloaded but not sure about game codes in purchased physical copies.

Apologies if this has been answered before in this thread, I am trying to keep up a couple of times a day but it's insanely long at this point.

EDIT: Just read that the codes for that game have all expired now so I guess that answers my question anyways

Maybe we'll get lucky and be able to redeem codes after store closure but I wouldn't count on it. I usually leave my games sealed until I get around to playing them but I opened and redeemed the code from my Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection yesterday because I'm not counting on being able to get the PS1 games from it after store closure. 

Also for what it's worth, others and myself have been able to redeem expired codes from various games over the years, so it's still possible you get your digital content (no guarantees, of course).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I'm reasonably certain this is only an issue for PS3 games. I bought a bunch of Rat games using the web store during the last sale, and every one of them is on my Vita download list. Same goes for 3 of the Kemco RPGs

4 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Also for what it's worth, others and myself have been able to redeem expired codes from various games over the years, so it's still possible you get your digital content (no guarantees, of course).

taking it a step further, I'm almost certain that Sony would be legally bound to honor codes (or offer refunds) in some cases. For example, I bought a couple of years back a physical version of South Park: Fractured But Whole. The game came with a code for The Stick of Truth, but when I opened the package, I saw that this code had expired.

The problem? There was (and is) nothing on the box itself to tell you that the code was (or even could) expire. You have to open the product to see this, but once you've opened the product, it is not returnable. 

I've said it before, but I really feel like companies don't think this crap through enough.

52 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I'm reasonably certain this is only an issue for PS3 games. I bought a bunch of Rat games using the web store during the last sale, and every one of them is on my Vita download list. Same goes for 3 of the Kemco RPGs

Maybe, but it's certainly an issue. 

Generally for me, if I go to the Vita and that little...shopping...bag...icon...thing is next to the game, then it's in my download list without having to download it again. But when it's not there, I generally have to download it myself again. I can't say that this is true with 100% certainly, but the vast majority of my Vita play is stacking cross-play titles, and that's been my general observation.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Very true. I wish publishers would have taken these physical compilation games more seriously before this became a problem. Bundling codes for what should have been on disc/cartridge was always a dumb idea and it's a shame nothing really changed despite the practice having been called out multiple times over the years.

"Ultimate edition" and then all the DLC is on a code like they got some sadists in those Sony buildings.

• Like 2