WaddysWDS

Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

2,376 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

 


I’ve got a couple I’m saving to test after the shutdown. 


Thats specifically called out in the announcement:

 

 

 

I hope DLC is included when they say that game vouchers will still be able to be redeemed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cris3f said:

There's a really interesting thread on Reddit about the Vita with some juicy stuff. The guy who answers seems to be real, just read his answers on many subjects:

 

 

Amazing read, thanks for this!

 

Long live the Vita (as long as Sony don't force a spontaneous combustion update to all consoles)

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

 

I hope DLC is included when they say that game vouchers will still be able to be redeemed.


I don’t think there is any reason to differentiate between game and dlc codes from either a technical nor a business standpoint. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im just wondering, will you be able to play PS3 games through ps now, after the shutdown? Like I mean games that you didnt purchase before the shutdown. I dont know how ps now works. But if yes then that would mean we could still finish DLC that havent been bougt?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BeeR3Dx said:

Im just wondering, will you be able to play PS3 games through ps now, after the shutdown? Like I mean games that you didnt purchase before the shutdown. I dont know how ps now works. But if yes then that would mean we could still finish DLC that havent been bougt?

PSNow is basically Netflix for PlayStation games. It doesn't care about your purchase history and you can play whatever games they have to offer so you will definitely be able to play all of their PS3 games after store shutdown. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

PSNow is basically Netflix for PlayStation games. It doesn't care about your purchase history and you can play whatever games they have to offer so you will definitely be able to play all of their PS3 games after store shutdown. 

That may be true, but according to their site (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-now/ps-now-games/#all-ps-now-games) there's not a that many of them.

The total number is a little shy of 1000, and not all of them are PS3 titles.

Furthermore only a few (if any) have all DLC pre-installed.

 

According to my Google-fu some PS3 games can be downloaded to a PS3 to play locally (not streaming) and if you have purchased DLC you can play this too. Access to this game is allowed as long as you have a PS Now subscription (similar to how PS+ works).

Problem is.. you can't purchase the DLC anymore once the store closes.

 

-- edit --

Seems the list of games varies for each region (in the above link it's "en-us"). The Dutch region ("nl-nl") has grouped the PS3 and PS4 games. So.. results may vary!

Edited by Shikotei-kun
PS Now games region variation
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shikotei-kun said:

That may be true, but according to their site (https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-now/ps-now-games/#all-ps-now-games) there's not a that many of them.

The total number is a little shy of 1000, and not all of them are PS3 titles.

Furthermore only a few (if any) have all DLC pre-installed.

 

According to my Google-fu some PS3 games can be downloaded to a PS3 to play locally (not streaming) and if you have purchased DLC you can play this too. Access to this game is allowed as long as you have a PS Now subscription (similar to how PS+ works).

Problem is.. you can't purchase the DLC anymore once the store closes.

 

 

Thanks for the info, so its definitely not a good solution, its better to buy what you can before the shuts down.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shikotei-kun said:

Furthermore only a few (if any) have all DLC pre-installed.

Painfully discovered this while waiting to get the Castlevania 1.03 patch back on my console... PSNow has a lot of work to do if it wants to be a good solution to the PS3 problem 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BeeR3Dx said:

Thanks for the info, so its definitely not a good solution, its better to buy what you can before the shuts down.

PS Now is a good solution if you only purchase the DLC and use the service to play the base game on your own PS3.

That way you have the normal game (via PS Now) and the DLC (purchased before the closure) and should be able to play everything the game has to offer.

I don't have PS Now so I cannot test if this actually works.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shikotei-kun said:

PS Now is a good solution if you only purchase the DLC and use the service to play the base game on your own PS3.

That way you have the normal game (via PS Now) and the DLC (purchased before the closure) and should be able to play everything the game has to offer.

I don't have PS Now so I cannot test if this actually works.

 

DLC doesn't work on PS3 games because they are streamed on PS Now, you'll have to play the games from their consoles while the DLC will be on yours, so unfortunately that's not a workaround atm. I wish you could download these games to your PS3 at least.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nigh7s7ein said:

I wish you could download these games to your PS3 at least.

Huh.. I thought you could? Or is that not true for every game, or just PS4 games?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS3's store just fucked me over I couldn't buy anything so I deleted turned off my PS3 put it back on reinstall all that good shit I start it up, and it's been in this loading screen forever no matter how many times I repeat the steps I've just got absolutely fucked I hope this can be resolved.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shikotei-kun said:

Huh.. I thought you could? Or is that not true for every game, or just PS4 games?

 

You can download any PS4 game (including some PS2 ports with trophy support) but PS3 games are stream only, I think PS Now it's not supported anymore on PS3 consoles.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It finally came through but took about a 1hr and I still can't check out imma just wait it out.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone here who can't buy anything? In the ps3 store there is no buy button anywhere? What's wrong with my store...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ellileon said:

Anyone here who can't buy anything? In the ps3 store there is no buy button anywhere? What's wrong with my store...

Cant buy shit buy button is there though i keep getting errors

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

Cant buy shit buy button is there though i keep getting errors

Wtf i hope they fix the Problem...i need to buy a couple dlcs before the shutdown 😱

Edited by ellileon
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ellileon said:

Anyone here who can't buy anything? In the ps3 store there is no buy button anywhere? What's wrong with my store...

 

I never see the buy button - it's there, and selectable, but invisible.

Still works though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

 

I never see the buy button - it's there, and selectable, but invisible.

Still works though.

Realy? I have to try this after work...😁

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ellileon said:

Realy? I have to try this after work...1f601.png

 

Yeah - it's really weird. 

 

The whole store seems to be held together with angel's breath and hope at this point.

 

Just kind of move the section around until nothing visible on the screen is highlighted - hopefully, your on the correct invisible button, and press X 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

 

Yeah - it's really weird. 

 

The whole store seems to be held together with angel's breath and hope at this point.

 

Just kind of move the section around until nothing visible on the screen is highlighted - hopefully, your on the correct invisible button, and press X 😂

lol 😂 One more weird thing is that I don't see a price when I choose the content..🤔

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ellileon said:

lol 1f602.png One more weird thing is that I don't see a price when I choose the content..1f914.png

 

hmmm - I usually see that - might be more invisibility nonsense though - hopefully if you manage to get it added to your cart, you can at least see it there!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nigh7s7ein said:

You can download any PS4 game (including some PS2 ports with trophy support) but PS3 games are stream only, I think PS Now it's not supported anymore on PS3 consoles.

Dang.. that's really a bit of a downer.

Thank you for clarifying how PS Now works!

 

One thing I can confirm though, is that PS3 and PS Now gamers can connect to the same online player pool. At least I could do so while playing Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shikotei-kun said:

One thing I can confirm though, is that PS3 and PS Now gamers can connect to the same online player pool. At least I could do so while playing Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault.

 

That was always the case.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.