Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

PS3's store just fucked me over I couldn't buy anything so I deleted turned off my PS3 put it back on reinstall all that good shit I start it up, and it's been in this loading screen forever no matter how many times I repeat the steps I've just got absolutely fucked I hope this can be resolved.

2 hours ago, Shikotei-kun said:

Huh.. I thought you could? Or is that not true for every game, or just PS4 games?

You can download any PS4 game (including some PS2 ports with trophy support) but PS3 games are stream only, I think PS Now it's not supported anymore on PS3 consoles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellileon said:

Anyone here who can't buy anything? In the ps3 store there is no buy button anywhere? What's wrong with my store...

I never see the buy button - it's there, and selectable, but invisible.

Still works though.

Just now, ellileon said:

Realy? I have to try this after work...1f601.png

Yeah - it's really weird. 

The whole store seems to be held together with angel's breath and hope at this point.

Just kind of move the section around until nothing visible on the screen is highlighted - hopefully, your on the correct invisible button, and press X ?

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

Yeah - it's really weird. 

The whole store seems to be held together with angel's breath and hope at this point.

Just kind of move the section around until nothing visible on the screen is highlighted - hopefully, your on the correct invisible button, and press X ?

lol ? One more weird thing is that I don't see a price when I choose the content..?

Just now, ellileon said:

lol 1f602.png One more weird thing is that I don't see a price when I choose the content..1f914.png

hmmm - I usually see that - might be more invisibility nonsense though - hopefully if you manage to get it added to your cart, you can at least see it there!

1 hour ago, Nigh7s7ein said:

You can download any PS4 game (including some PS2 ports with trophy support) but PS3 games are stream only, I think PS Now it's not supported anymore on PS3 consoles.

Dang.. that's really a bit of a downer.

Thank you for clarifying how PS Now works!

One thing I can confirm though, is that PS3 and PS Now gamers can connect to the same online player pool. At least I could do so while playing Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault.

• Like 1

Never have I used a store so unoptimized for the system its meant to be used in I mean it literally runs worse than shadow of mordor and THAT is saying something and with its slew of slowdowns, graphical glitches and consistent crashes its never ending torture to buy a 200mb fucking game. I'm not asking for this diseased homunculi to be fixed in its last few months I'm just asking for it to do its one fucking job my god Sony...my god.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

Never have I used a store so unoptimized for the system its meant to be used in I mean it literally runs worse than shadow of mordor and THAT is saying something and with its slew of slowdowns, graphical glitches and consistent crashes its never ending torture to buy a 200mb fucking game. I'm not asking for this diseased homunculi to be fixed in its last few months I'm just asking for it to do its one fucking job my god Sony...my god.

Even the store on PS4 is garbage, it caused my PS4 to literally turn itself off once after making a purchase, made it reboot once when simply browsing it, has consistent weird soft crashes and freezes, and occasionally doesn't load at all (though that used to be way more of a thing in the first few years, doesn't do it often any more).

In comparison, I can't think of any notable issues I've had with any of the eshops on Nintendo systems or the storefronts on Xbox, aside from the occasional "store is currently undergoing maintenance" error. And some of those stores are absolute abominations to look at and/or navigate, but at least they're fucking stable.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

Sheesh... I thought downloading Vita games on PS3 and then transfer them would be faster but it actually takes LONGER than downloading on the Vita directly...

It's not that different after all, both consoles don't download at full speed anyway. I have a 100Mbps connection, on PS4 it downloads at 12MB/s which is maximum possible speed, on PS3 it goes at 3-4 maximum, even wired. That's archaic hardware to you.

Edited by Lance_87

I just tried to buy Dragon Age 2 DLC and it shows me the prices, but there is no option to buy.

So, I clicked on several other titles on the home screen and I can't buy anything. 

I'm not too bothered with the shutdown, but at least let me buy the last few things I need, Sony.?‍♂️

20 minutes ago, I-Reaped-U said:

I just tried to buy Dragon Age 2 DLC and it shows me the prices, but there is no option to buy.

So, I clicked on several other titles on the home screen and I can't buy anything. 

I'm not too bothered with the shutdown, but at least let me buy the last few things I need, Sony.?‍♂️

Have you checked to see if it’s the “hidden button” issue that lots of people have reported? As in, the button isn’t visible but it works if you click it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Even the store on PS4 is garbage, it caused my PS4 to literally turn itself off once after making a purchase, made it reboot once when simply browsing it, has consistent weird soft crashes and freezes, and occasionally doesn't load at all (though that used to be way more of a thing in the first few years, doesn't do it often any more).

In comparison, I can't think of any notable issues I've had with any of the eshops on Nintendo systems or the storefronts on Xbox, aside from the occasional "store is currently undergoing maintenance" error. And some of those stores are absolute abominations to look at and/or navigate, but at least they're fucking stable.

Can confirm. After PS5 release PS4 store become work’s worse. Most stable ps store on Playstation is PS Vita Store, super fast and without errors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BGriff1986 said:

Have you checked to see if it’s the “hidden button” issue that lots of people have reported? As in, the button isn’t visible but it works if you click it

Thanks. That's what it was and it's so damn stupid. ? 

• Like 1