Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

On 4/3/2021 at 2:41 PM, Shikotei-kun said:

Indie used to be a description for games created by hobbyist programmers who just graduated from designer school and wanted to strut their stuff. Mostly not that impressive stuff.

Currently Indie games are much more refined than some AAA multi-million budget games that are being pushed off the conveyor belt. There's still junk out there, don't get me wrong, but there now is an alternative to supporting big companies who (mostly) care about getting "dem monies"!

Not gonna lie, I really hate Nintendo. I don't know why, but their games just never appealed to me. I think the idea of a fat middle aged Italian plumber is....just kind of weird.

With that said, I played Reverie and thought that game was absolutely amazing. I got it because it was on sale and was a crossbuy Vita/PS4 game, which I always like.

Apart from being a perfect Vita game, I enjoyed playing it as much the first time on Vita as on PS4. I highly recommend it. It has a really good shmup built into it and the chance to play Pong against a washing machine(!). Plus, most of the trophies are in-game jokes.

It's a 2D Zelda clone. Would play a game like that again in a heartbeat. 9/10. Not even joking.

On 4/2/2021 at 7:37 PM, AJ_Radio said:

People like Jim Sterling

I'm not sure how much longer you can call them Jim....

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed slur

The store is annoying because any game released before mid June of 2011 will not show up if you select browse all games on the PS3 store. To get to them you need to know the specific title and then use the search function to find them.

Also can anyone find Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection on the North American store?

Hello guys,

I planned to buy a PS3 to complete all my old games as well as start a collection just a week before the rumours came out...?✌️

Now my doubt is...if I buy a DLC and don't install the game before the ps store is shutting down...will I be able to play that DLC anyway? Also... there's any possibility to buy DLC for PS3 out of PS3 store? I haven't bought the console yet.

1 minute ago, zgz93 said:

Hello guys,

I planned to buy a PS3 to complete all my old games as well as start a collection just a week before the rumours came out...?✌️

Now my doubt is...if I buy a DLC and don't install the game before the ps store is shutting down...will I be able to play that DLC anyway? Also... there's any possibility to buy DLC for PS3 out of PS3 store? I haven't bought the console yet.

Yes, as long as you buy the DLC you can always to back to your download list and redownload the DLC when you want. And yes you can buy the DLC through the PS3 store (you do not have to buy them directly through the game).

19 hours ago, Nelson_Otaku said:

So far only Nihon Falcom doing a 50% off of their Evolution Vita games due to Vita store being closed (at least on japanese store)

I only know cause Falcom did send me a mail about it. Seems to last till 8/27.

Sekai Project has also permanently reduced the price of two of their games on the Vita. Edit: Only in the US it seems.

Both those games do exist physically as well however. Ribi-Rabi on both PS4 and Vita (though both through Limited Run Games I believe), Root Double on Vita through PlayAsia (still in stock as of writing) and a standard retail physical on Switch.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

18 hours ago, lordzeze said:

The store is annoying because any game released before mid June of 2011 will not show up if you select browse all games on the PS3 store. To get to them you need to know the specific title and then use the search function to find them.

that's batshit insane, argh

13 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Sekai Project has also permanently reduced the price of two of their games on the Vita.

Both those games do exist physically as well however. Ribi-Rabi on both PS4 and Vita (though both through Limited Run Games I believe), Root Double on Vita through PlayAsia (still in stock as of writing) and a standard retail physical on Switch.

so vita games can still be discounted? huh

2 minutes ago, Winterglemm said:

so vita games can still be discounted? huh

Seems so, at least if the publishers decide to discount them. Would be nice if more were doing that, but I imagine many either just don't care any more at this point, or want to cash in on people buying their games at full price in the short window they're still available for.

13 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Sekai Project has also permanently reduced the price of two of their games on the Vita.

Not in EU stores it seems. Root Double is still full price in the UK store at £32.99, and Ribi-Rabi isn't even there.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2