This game NEEDS an update.

Flubberwunked

I hopped on this game again after a few days to give the Speedrun Trophy another attempt. I was at the final level and beat the final boss but after i beat him the credits are supposed to play and that's when the speedrun trophy pops but before the credits could load the game decides to crash just MERE seconds before i get the trophy. I was about to cry ngl. I tried another attempt straight after because I just can't let that happen and then walk away from the game and then 40 minutes later guess what happens...

The team that were behind this re-release are also re-releasing another older generation game called Star Wars Republic Commando and I will most likely avoid that game and I think you should too because they've done a pretty poor job with Stubbs so who knows how that will turn out. If that game gets released without any news of a Stubbs update then I'm gonna assume that they don't care and we'll be left with a pretty glitchy and frustrating trophy/game on our hands.

I really wish I didn't have to make this post as I was seriously looking forward to this game but my gameplay experience has just became worse and worse the more I play.

• Like 2

The game came out a few days ago - they're aware of the issues and will patch it accordingly. If you didn't know, the original game was pulled off the MS Xbox store and Steam a few years after it released due to bugs and issues plaguing the game, so they've done a great job fixing as many issues as they can but clearly, some bugs have either remained or popped-up whilst porting it to the consoles.

They've published and developed many games in the past - I think their last port of an old game was either Star Wars Pod Racer or Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - both of which worked fine.

As I said though, the game has been out a week, they can't magically fix issues like this within a day or two, plus the patches have to be approved by the platform holders which usually adds a few days unless pushed due to game-breaking issues.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 22/03/2021 at 10:28 PM, turniplord said:

The game came out a few days ago - they're aware of the issues and will patch it accordingly. If you didn't know, the original game was pulled off the MS Xbox store and Steam a few years after it released due to bugs and issues plaguing the game, so they've done a great job fixing as many issues as they can but clearly, some bugs have either remained or popped-up whilst porting it to the consoles.

They've published and developed many games in the past - I think their last port of an old game was either Star Wars Pod Racer or Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - both of which worked fine.

As I said though, the game has been out a week, they can't magically fix issues like this within a day or two, plus the patches have to be approved by the platform holders which usually adds a few days unless pushed due to game-breaking issues.

It's been more than a month now and they haven't updated this game, so i can complain all i want now. Star wars republic commando (Aspyr's other port) is completely fine though. I played through the game twice and it never crashed once. I'm really hoping that Aspyr doesn't leave stubbs to die with this bad port.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...