Mass Effect 3 DLC Unattainable soon?

LegitDannyDeVito

There's a rumour circulating today that the PS3, PSP and Vita stores will be shutting down permanently this summer. Considering that this DLC does not exist on any disc releases of the game, this DLC will be gone forever this summer, thus making these trophies unattainable. 

Be prepared to spend $50 soon, or the 100% will be impossible. Gonna have to do some research on what other games I own that have dlc on disc or is only digital. Shit like this makes me regret continually supporting Sony and buying a ps5...

My copy looks like a normal copy of the game, with a white banner that says it includes Kasumi: Stolen memories, overlord and Lair of the shadow broker.  I'm not 100% sure if these are the trophy missions or not.

But I know for sure that the trilogy does not include any dlc for #3, because I looked into that already as a cheaper option than paying for the dlc individually 

1 hour ago, Pirelli913 said:

ME1 comes with Bring Down the Sky. ME2 comes with all DLC. ME3 has none as far as I know.

Close, but not quite right.

Mass Effect 2 doesn't come with the Arrival DLC, and the Zaeed DLC is free now, but you have to manually purchase it from the store. 

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Close, but not quite right.

Mass Effect 2 doesn't come with the Arrival DLC, and the Zaeed DLC is free now, but you have to manually purchase it from the store. 

Oh yeah, that's right. Been so long since I played them I forgot about Arrival. As for Zaeed, he was part of the Cerberus pack, which I believe was free if you bought a new copy of the game. I remember I didn't pay a dime for anything other than Arrival. I guess they made that free for everyone now even if you bought a used copy.

20 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

I'm not going to bother with the DLC. What I am concerned about is the Master and Commander trophy. I have the free Extended Cut DLC, but that's it. Do I need any other DLC to make that trophy easier?

Having all the DLCs means you will have a much larger margin of error and a less stressful experience since there are more resources available than actually needed for the trophy.

6 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

I'm not going to bother with the DLC. What I am concerned about is the Master and Commander trophy. I have the free Extended Cut DLC, but that's it. Do I need any other DLC to make that trophy easier?

It's possible to get the Master and Commander trophy with  no DLC  and no Galaxy at War from multiplayer, but you have to play through all three games and you have to make specific choices in all three games.  If you want to get it done, I'd recommend go ahead and do it now. 

*EDIT*: It seems I was mistaken, the update that lowered the requirement is in a DLC.

~TC

Edited by Together_Comic
  • Like 1

It's a tough pill to swallow but I had to dump £40 on all of the ME3 dlc a month back. Then another £10 to get the disc version of the game as it was cheaper than the PSN price.

So all together £50 for an old ass game just to get all the trophies. Make sure you get the defender trophy out the way first so you don't have to worry about the server shutdown. 

2 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Make sure you get the defender trophy out the way first so you don't have to worry about the server shutdown. 

I'm ahead of the curve in one way, I guess. That is literally the only trophy I have in the entire Mass Effect franchise.

2 hours ago, Together_Comic said:

It's possible to get the Master and Commander trophy with no DLC and no Galaxy at War from multiplayer, but you have to play through all three games and you have to make specific choices in all three games.  If you want to get it done, I'd recommend go ahead and do it now. 

Can you tell me the best way to get this trophy without DLC and Galaxy at War? I'd really like to know.

3 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

I'm ahead of the curve in one way, I guess. That is literally the only trophy I have in the entire Mass Effect franchise.

Can you tell me the best way to get this trophy without DLC and Galaxy at War? I'd really like to know.

It seems I was mistaken.  The requirement is 4000 in just the base game.  There was an update that lowered the requirement to ~3200, but this is the extended cut DLC, which I believe is free, but you have to make sure to get it before the store goes down and it isn't possible without DLC.  If you have that, *spoilers for all 3 games in the bar*

Spoiler

you need to Save Wrex and the Rachni Queen in ME1, preserve the reaper in ME2, Make sure all party members survive,  as well as make every best outcome such as curing the Genophage, a Geth and Quarian alliance, do every side mission, get all scans, side with the correct factions through out the series to get the most assets etc.

Even then you will just barely have enough at ~3300 so it is very very possible to mess it up if you aren't 100% careful.  If you get the other DLCs I think the amount you can get increases to around ~4000 with citadel getting you ~100, Omega giving ~150, and leviathan giving you like 650.

The other issue is defender which you already managed it seems. 

Sorry for the misinformation, I will edit my post to not be misleading.

~TC

• Like 1

Heh, I've had the Mass Effect Trilogy installed on my PS3 since Feb 2017, when it was on sale for $4.49, and just realized I would have to spend nearly 50 bucks on this ancient game's overpriced DLC if I ever want to fully complete it (I had naively assumed the bundle came with everything).

I think I'll simply accept that I'm never finishing this one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/04/2021 at 8:33 PM, BlackSnake1435 said:

Hi, I came here a year later to ask if you can still purchase all the DLC on the Store?. I actually don't know how to do it.

I have that issue with the store too. So when you are on the page of the add on or game you want to buy, make sure there's actually a price cause a lot of stuff still appears in the store, despite being delisted. In the bottom left where it says overview and recommendations, there is an invisible slot above overview. Highlight overview, then moving up once should appear like nothings happening. Moving up twice should highlight the playstation store logo. If this is the case, the add to cart is invisible. Click x there in the middle and it'll add to cart