InfamousDooMZ

100% still obtainable?

58 posts in this topic

It's currently on sale for an amazing price. I loved the first game but when I heard this game had online and hard to connect I never touched it. Glad I looked this thread up. Getting the shite stuff done and out of the way is also awesome. 

 

I'll watch that vid and see whats what. Even with this exploit, how long does it roughly take to get all this breach stuff out of the way?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

It's currently on sale for an amazing price. I loved the first game but when I heard this game had online and hard to connect I never touched it. Glad I looked this thread up. Getting the shite stuff done and out of the way is also awesome. 

 

I'll watch that vid and see whats what. Even with this exploit, how long does it roughly take to get all this breach stuff out of the way?

I used the exploits for breach and I think it took around 10-12 hours to finish everything (including the DLC breach trophies).

Edited by masnevets
updated estimate
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Even with this exploit, how long does it roughly take to get all this breach stuff out of the way?

The online trophies are actually single player-oriented, but your console must be connected to the internet, and Breach Mode is a separate menu. You can start it without delving into the main story.

 

The exploit is easy to execute. I used this guide for Breach, which carried me through the whole online journey. With the exploit, it'll take you 10 to 15 hours to complete.

 

If you actually grab it, make sure to grab the Deluxe Edition because it contains two amazing story expansions, System Rift and A Criminal Past, which enhance the main story even better.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

The online trophies are actually single player-oriented, but your console must be connected to the internet, and Breach Mode is a separate menu. You can start it without delving into the main story.

 

The exploit is easy to execute. I used this guide for Breach, which carried me through the whole online journey. With the exploit, it'll take you 10 to 15 hours to complete.

 

If you actually grab it, make sure to grab the Deluxe Edition because it contains two amazing story expansions, System Rift and A Criminal Past, which enhance the main story even better.

Yeah thats the one I just bought for less than £6. Shame the first game isn't on PS4 though, would have been cool to do them back to back. 

 

10-15 hours for the breach stuff. Cripes man! I was hoping the exploit would make it done in about an hour or so. What is it that causes it to take such a long time? Is breach like the MGS VR rooms or something?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah thats the one I just bought for less than £6. Shame the first game isn't on PS4 though, would have been cool to do them back to back. 

 

10-15 hours for the breach stuff. Cripes man! I was hoping the exploit would make it done in about an hour or so. What is it that causes it to take such a long time? Is breach like the MGS VR rooms or something?

 

Pretty much.  Each node is a little stage with goals, like collect x data cubes, or hack y data nodes, kill a boss, etc.  It’s really not that hard, and if you use the guide linked above you’ll make it through.  It is long as others have said.  I think it took me about 14 hours to run through it.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Shame the first game isn't on PS4 though, would have been cool to do them back to back. 

Yeah, I wish DX: Human Revolution were also available on PS4, especially the Director's Cut. :D

 

21 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

10-15 hours for the breach stuff. Cripes man! I was hoping the exploit would make it done in about an hour or so. What is it that causes it to take such a long time? Is breach like the MGS VR rooms or something?

I don't think it is possible to do it in an hour, but, without that exploit, it'd be significantly longer and harder because with it, you can become invisible or immortal for a lifetime. There, however, is a catch as there are networks where you are unable to use augmentations at all. xD

 

Breach Mode consists of rooms called networks (if I'm not mistaken) with a different goal for each. You go from the lowest tier (Tier 1) of networks to the highest ones (Tier 4). Each tier is harder than the previous one(s).

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Yeah, I wish DX: Human Revolution were also available on PS4, especially the Director's Cut. :D

 

I don't think it is possible to do it in an hour, but, without that exploit, it'd be significantly longer and harder because with it, you can become invisible or immortal for a lifetime. There, however, is a catch as there are networks where you are unable to use augmentations at all. xD

 

Breach Mode consists of rooms called networks (if I'm not mistaken) with a different goal for each. You go from the lowest tier (Tier 1) of networks to the highest ones (Tier 4). Each tier is harder than the previous one(s).

So if I was going to go for this, how is it I start out? The exploit says you have to have energy cells but you don't have them at the start. So how would a new player to this go about before they can start the exploit and get this all done and out of the way?

 

Edit

 

Had a quick go. Thankfully no stupid trophies for just playing the first 4 seconds popped. I got to the third map in what appears to be the breach tutorial. To sense the shitness of this early on is a really bad sign, but I soft of get where Zizi was coming from when he said the exploit actually makes this more fun. The good sign is that I got connected to breach with no issues, but I do need to get used to some of the mechanics and controls. 

 

It sucks monkey balls even early on when you trigger the data evac alarm and then get lost, or paths close. I felt that early on was a bit of a kick in the balls and the map pointer to the target seems to be all over the place. The first aug is the double jump and so from there is it like the first game where you can have as many upgrades as you like as long as you have the praxis points?

 

I think I found a good video guide especially when it comes to having to escape the levels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWeq6xSRgsQ&list=PL5XHyWzRDjEGJQ17dudTYc6Awujo-4dRH

 

 

So hopefully this will help.

 

edit

 

Comments in the vid says the guy is doing it fully upgraded so it will be pointless for beginners like myself. Gah! Anyone know of other good video guides?

Edited by DaveMcDamage
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check the breach mode guide posted earlier in the thread. It’s written from the perspective of not using the exploits. It does, however, recommend grinding out a bunch of levels on one of the earlier easy missions. I did that (twice actually across two platforms) and didn’t find it so bad. You might have enough goodies after the grind to implement the energy exploit. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

 

Having purchased the deluxe edition grants you a bunch of credits early on. You need to accumulate 200,000 credits so you can buy Ripper booster packs in game, which will give you a chance of getting rank-S weapons and stuff. Other booster packs are useless.

 

It's been a year and a half since I last played DXMD. However, if memory serves, I think Ripper booster packs can give you energy/health cells. :hmm:

 

The guide I posted earlier describes what you need to do in each network.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Having purchased the deluxe edition grants you a bunch of credits early on. You need to accumulate 200,000 credits so you can buy Ripper booster packs in game, which will give you a chance of getting rank-S weapons and stuff. Other booster packs are useless.

 

It's been a year and a half since I last played DXMD. However, if memory serves, I think Ripper booster packs can give you energy/health cells. :hmm:

 

The guide I posted earlier describes what you need to do in each network.

 

I really can't emphasize enough how good that guide is.  If you just want to get through the mode for the Platinum trophy, it's unrivaled.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Having purchased the deluxe edition grants you a bunch of credits early on. You need to accumulate 200,000 credits so you can buy Ripper booster packs in game, which will give you a chance of getting rank-S weapons and stuff. Other booster packs are useless.

 

It's been a year and a half since I last played DXMD. However, if memory serves, I think Ripper booster packs can give you energy/health cells. :hmm:

 

The guide I posted earlier describes what you need to do in each network.

 

I just did these DLC trophies last night and got all 6 needed small energy kits from the Enhancer packs that cost 15k each, they were just fine to do the glitch and breeze through everything I had left although I had previously done the platinum (up to level 4) legit so can't really say if 200k packs are worth it for someone just starting. I just ran through the levels in stealth and spammed nanoblades against bigger enemies when it was needed and ignored all other weapons. 😀

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

 

I really can't emphasize enough how good that guide is.  If you just want to get through the mode for the Platinum trophy, it's unrivaled.

Yeah I had a look at it, but due to so much text I couldn't even tell what the hell I was reading lol. I couldn't tell if I had scrolled past where I needed to be reading. The gam doesn't help though with its 1S-1A..... gah! Just say 1, 2, 3 etc etc

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guide posted above really is a life saver, I got through Breach mode following it word by word. I also can't emphasize enough how important it is to grind out a few levels in the network indicated by the guide, it really helps out later on.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 1/29/2022 at 7:30 AM, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Yes, Breach is a separate mode and you can get all the Breach trophies before even touching the campaign.

I'll try it out but the guide just looked a real mess. 

 

Got my first trophy for killing two guards with an explosive block. I have a shitty pistol and a shitty shotgun so far. No idea what augs to use, but the last map I attempted told me I need some kind of vision enhancement as some objects cannot be seen, but then it had a big mech and turrets and I rage quit leaving on tears and skidmarks that I had ever been there, 

 

Its not just the guide that looked a mess though, the whole layout of this breach mode seems all over the place. I did the first darknet file for a girl who died and then it said I need more evidence. 

 

I never even realised there were so many frikkin online trophies. I only thought there were the four, it was only when the killing two guards popped that I noticed DLC trophies too. Frikkin loads of em. I think this will take me more than 15 hours though as I really cannot get through these. No doubt I'll get the hang of it, but the VR look really throws me off. Whoever thought that look was going to be awesome needs punching in the dick. 

 

Got two more aug points but no idea what to spend them on. Oh well I'm sure it will work out. 

 

Alright. Gonna try and figure that guide out and then work on the game some more. 

 

EDIT

 

Just had another look at that guide. Its not gonna work for me. Anyways I noticed it has a dreaded trophy for sending three challenges. It says you can send them to randoms if there are none about, but if I struggle to do this would it be okay to sort this out with one of you guys at some point?

Edited by DaveMcDamage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Just had another look at that guide. Its not gonna work for me. Anyways I noticed it has a dreaded trophy for sending three challenges. It says you can send them to randoms if there are none about, but if I struggle to do this would it be okay to sort this out with one of you guys at some point?

 

That's a bummer that the guide is not working for you.  To each their own.

 

I don't have the game anymore, but if you do have problems with the challenges I'd be willing to help.  I think just by sending challenges to folks and having them not complete them in a timely manner counts as a win for you, maybe?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

 

That's a bummer that the guide is not working for you.  To each their own.

 

I don't have the game anymore, but if you do have problems with the challenges I'd be willing to help.  I think just by sending challenges to folks and having them not complete them in a timely manner counts as a win for you, maybe?

The Xbox site I think said you just have to send them. If thats the case then thats all good. 

 

As for the guide. Its just me mate, I look at that guide and I see a mess of text and a text guide for me is no good as my PC is in one room and the PS4 is in the living room. So the back and forth would be no quicker than just trying over and over anyway. 

 

I was trying that stealth level and kept getting caught by a turret. I couldn't figure the upgrade system as it was saying you need so much memory but then I couldn't see where you get memory from. Turned out I must have enough memory and then got the aug for hacking turrets. Tried it and it was the worst thing I could have upgraded. The speed you need to get the successful hack made it pointless. Hope its not like the first game where you can only upgrade so much due to limited XP and praxis from what I remember. I wanna get that cloak thing, then the typhoon and one of those energy cells and I should be able to knock out a big chunk out of this over the next few days. Spent around two hours so far and made next to no progress which is why I think this will take me longer than the 15 hours. I just f**king suck at gaming mate lol. 

 

I did a couple of those challenges for that Shadow woman. I can do the times ones (now that I figured triangle make you run lol) but when I tried the combat ones for high scores I ran out of ammo. I was using my 3rd party pad and its a nightmare for accuracy and more ideal for slow paced games, so will have to hope the official pad holds out. 

 

But the good thing I am looking forward to is that the controls are smooth and that means the single player story mode should be a great experience for me. Just gotta do an Andy Dufresne to get to the good stuff. 

 

Also to everyone who has been replying to me on a fairly old game. Thanks chaps, means a lot and I'll try not to bitch to the point you VR neck snap my monkey arse. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

i cleared breach legit and it took 4 days around 8 hrs a day lol i quite liked it though which really surprised me. i did use a guide for a few levels but i really enjoyed figuring it out. playing breach gives u some op stuff for the base game, and base game gives some good rare consumables in breach so if you do them symbiotically it pays off.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DaveMcDamage

 

I grinded the challenges early on for amazing rewards. I sent some challenges from my main to a dummy account and failed them, then my main received rewards. After that, my dummy account sent some easy challenges to my main and I won them.

 

Doing these over and over early on is essential as you'll receive rewards that make you more powerful. :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

@DaveMcDamage

 

I grinded the challenges early on for amazing rewards. I sent some challenges from my main to a dummy account and failed them, then my main received rewards. After that, my dummy account sent some easy challenges to my main and I won them.

 

Doing these over and over early on is essential as you'll receive rewards that make you more powerful. :)

But to get the trophy for the challenges you only have to send them right, you don't actually have to wait for results or anything? And when you say dummy account I take it that account had a temp PS+ account right? I'm not gonna be paying for a PS+ sub for my none completion profile lol. 

 

Anyway I got the cloak, had another crack at the stealth level... got spotted by the turret lol. The cloak lasted like 3 seconds or something lol. So the turret hack sucks because the mini game timer goes to quick, and the cloak gets spotted... Nice augs. 

 

I just wanna get the parts needed for the energy exploit and just typhoon my way through the levels lol. Gutted I didn't get the parts needed by buying enhanced packs for 15K though. I had 77K and now have about 8K. 

 

Just noticed the playroom is on my games played. Don't know how the hell that happened. Glad you can delete 0% games. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

But to get the trophy for the challenges you only have to send them right, you don't actually have to wait for results or anything? And when you say dummy account I take it that account had a temp PS+ account right? I'm not gonna be paying for a PS+ sub for my none completion profile lol. 

Yeah, you just have to send them. After that, play DXMD on your dummy account and fail them. While still on your dummy account, send challenges to your main account and win them. Good luck! 👍

 

You don't need PlayStation Plus subscription to play Breach Mode. I was not subscribed to it when playing it late 2020.

Edited by zizimonster
fixed typo
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zizimonster said:

Yeah, you just have to send them. After that, play DXMD on your dummy account and fail them. While still on your dummy account, send challenges to your main account and win them. Good luck! 1f44d.png

 

You don't need PlayStation Plus subscription to play Breach Mode. I was not subscribed to it when playing it late 2020.

Yeah I thought I'd try it and found out. Cheers man. I read somewhere you have to reach a certain point before sending challenges. I just did the tutorial on the da just to get that out of the way. I still sucked at it lol. Cheers for the info man. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Couple of things ticked me off with the game today. 

 

1: I got to the point where I could send challenges, so I sent 3 to my other profile. I lost them all with the other profile and then when I went back to my normal profile it unlocked the trophy for winning 3 challenges as this would include the two I did yesterday and then it must involve your sent victory as a win as well. So I got that trophy but I didn't get the trophy for sending 3 challenges. Great :( 

 

2: Now this is rare when this happens and I wish it hadn't happened with this game. Because I buy all my stuff with my other account so cards and stuff aren't used all over the place and whatnot, because I bought the deluxe version on that account, it was given all the deluxe pack goodie. Got cobra weapons and all sorts. Its rare as that sort of stuff carries over to multiple accounts on some games, but guess not on this. Perhaps its when real money is involved they don't allow it. Shitter!

 

Did crap today. Got a few wins and now on server 1B whatever that means. The structure is a friggin mess on this breach mode so I don't know if I am doing well or not. Then I started doing the sick girl darknet files. Got to the part where you have to defeat a prime but there is a sniper there as well. Thats when I found out that headshots from your guns don't mean shit in this breach game. I hate that. No point in having a good aim then eh? Gah!

 

EDIT

 

After looking around the net, it seems no one has a concrete answer on how to unlock the 3 challenges sent. Some say it has to be different people, some say it has to be on 3 different maps, yet no one knows for sure. 

 

Bought more of the enhanced packs and still none of those energy booster things. I have one for Hp boost which takes my health to 150, but you cannot unequip or equip this like in the video. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Edited by DaveMcDamage
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2022 at 10:45 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

Bought more of the enhanced packs and still none of those energy booster things. I have one for Hp boost which takes my health to 150, but you cannot unequip or equip this like in the video. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

 

I'd guess energy kits drop from every 4 packs or so, at least it did for me. The glitch is done in the augment section by activating HP or energy related augments. For HP you have to put one HP kit in your inventory and spam activate - deactivate energy related augments, for energy glitch you have to equip energy kit and spam HP related augments.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, AvariceInc said:

 

I'd guess energy kits drop from every 4 packs or so, at least it did for me. The glitch is done in the augment section by activating HP or energy related augments. For HP you have to put one HP kit in your inventory and spam activate - deactivate energy related augments, for energy glitch you have to equip energy kit and spam HP related augments.

Yeah I re-read the requirements and got it done. I have 12 of the HP boosters so had my health like 20K and its been a real big help, but not a single energy booster kit yet. Just one would do but the RNG is killing me in this game. I have the trophy for doing all the tier 1 requirements and working my way through tier 2, but I haven't had a weapon over C class and even when you upgrade them with parts the strength is just so weak against anything other than standard soldiers. 

 

Each time I sort of make some progress it comes crashing to a halt, either due to not having enough ammo to clear out 5 enemies even with 400 ammo for the machine gun, or the stealth sections which with the energy boost exploit would be no trouble at all. 

 

It really is a bad expansion though. I've done so many servers yet not even made a dent in it. I have no idea what the hell the devs were thinking about when they did this. 

 

The darknet missions are utter dogshit, but the saving grace for those is at least theres a story attached to it and an actual reason. But man is doing same style of mission boring as hell. 

 

I had a go at one of those ghost net servers which you need 5 for the trophy, but quit out. Then I realised that it wastes your key and you then have to build up a new one. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah I re-read the requirements and got it done. I have 12 of the HP boosters so had my health like 20K and its been a real big help, but not a single energy booster kit yet. Just one would do but the RNG is killing me in this game. I have the trophy for doing all the tier 1 requirements and working my way through tier 2, but I haven't had a weapon over C class and even when you upgrade them with parts the strength is just so weak against anything other than standard soldiers. 

 

Each time I sort of make some progress it comes crashing to a halt, either due to not having enough ammo to clear out 5 enemies even with 400 ammo for the machine gun, or the stealth sections which with the energy boost exploit would be no trouble at all. 

 

It really is a bad expansion though. I've done so many servers yet not even made a dent in it. I have no idea what the hell the devs were thinking about when they did this. 

 

The darknet missions are utter dogshit, but the saving grace for those is at least theres a story attached to it and an actual reason. But man is doing same style of mission boring as hell. 

 

I had a go at one of those ghost net servers which you need 5 for the trophy, but quit out. Then I realised that it wastes your key and you then have to build up a new one. 

 

Yeah didn't really enjoy the limited ammo and consumable stuff either but if you are not in a hurry could just complete the daily challenges from alt accounts and wait on the tougher missions as it all gets much less troublesome once you luck out that one energy kit and buy the stealth augments as you can just walk through most levels in permanent stealth (with the glitch) and hit circle to take the normal soldiers out with melee takedowns without even taking your guns out. Most heavy guys can be ignored but a few have to be killed, I actually have no idea what weapons are even good against the heavies because I just spent all extra money on the nanoblade ammo and it was enough against them. Also I think most if not all extra data or speedrun etc. objectives can be ignored, won't need those for trophies. This mode seems like lots of trouble and would be without the glitch but stealth is so overpowered so just try to hang in there until that. 😄

 

Shame they didn't make Breach a standalone game or something, I put the DLC on hold for over 5 years too even though I loved the actual game a lot. 😔

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.