100% still possible 2021 ?

JWill_55

Hey all

doing a mass backlog trophy cleanup thanks to covid and plenty of time on my hand.

I can’t remember what dlc I purchased back in the day and what’s installed. But before I bother with it , I just wanted to know if this was 100% achievable still ? 

17 minutes ago, JWill_55 said:

Hey all

doing a mass backlog trophy cleanup thanks to covid and plenty of time on my hand.

I can’t remember what dlc I purchased back in the day and what’s installed. But before I bother with it , I just wanted to know if this was 100% achievable still ? 

Ugh. This one and LBP2 are two games I'm not looking forward to cleaning up... that's if I ever decide to. I tried once a while ago but that bunker level literally made me rage my controller into my tv. Needless to say I had to go buy a new tv. 

That depends on what’s going on with the LBP servers - haven’t heard much in a week or so, but from what I understand, a DDoS attack had rendered them inoperable for some time, with no end in sight, and little hope from the LBP community that they would be repairable

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That depends on what’s going on with the LBP servers - haven’t heard much in a week or so, but from what I understand, a DDoS attack had rendered them inoperable for some time, with no end in sight, and little hope from the LBP community that they would be repairable

^Pretty much this.

This was the last bit of news anyone has heard from the devs.

The one thing that's not know though is still is obviously is if there will be any potential data loss. While usually they use an attack to basically overburden the servers, they could potentially use that chance to remove or steal data from the server. There's also a possibility when they relaunch the server they may have to roll it back which will mean usually data saved to it after whenever they roll it back too typically won't be available anymore. This could potentially impact service still on the server or just mean some user created levels will be lost.

But for now it's uncertain and we basically have to wait to see what the devs say.

Btw this only affects LBP 1, 2 and 3. The Vita version is on it's own server and is still working if you want to play that one for the time being online.

1 hour ago, JWill_55 said:

Hey all

If you purchased both dlc’s you should be fine (if servers are repaired) 

If you didn’t buy both dlc’s yet then it could be an issue. I managed to buy the MGS dlc on the store but the pirates of the Caribbean dlc is de listed so the 100% wouldn’t be obtainable 

13 minutes ago, shakie19 said:

If you purchased both dlc’s you should be fine (if servers are repaired) 

If you didn’t buy both dlc’s yet then it could be an issue. I managed to buy the MGS dlc on the store but the pirates of the Caribbean dlc is de listed so the 100% wouldn’t be obtainable 

you can get pirates from another country still. 1 or 2 countries still have it. but that would mean having to rebuy the base game as well. so if said player has money to burn then pirates isnt fully a issue if you can make a alt account to buy it on

6 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

you can get pirates from another country still. 1 or 2 countries still have it. but that would mean having to rebuy the base game as well. so if said player has money to burn then pirates isnt fully a issue if you can make a alt account to buy it on

I think I have these , but worse case any idea what countries may still have these?

Indonesia, Hong Kong, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand & Taiwan. 

These PlayStation Stores all have the Pirates DLC

https://psdeals.net/id-store/game/1256801/littlebigplanet-pirates-of-the-caribbean-kit

BUT you are going to need the Chinese (Asian) version of the game in order to play the DLC.

It wont work with the japanese, american or european disc.

you have 2 options

option 1:

Get the physical game (game ID: BCAS 20058)

I'm trying to get my hands on a physical (chinese/asian) copy but cant find it :(

option 2:

buy LittleBigPlanet digital on the korean store ( ~ 30 $ )

(the problem here is that you cant just create one yourself because you need a korean ID, so you have to buy a korean psn account)

Edited by PETMAN3000
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, JWill_55 said:

I think I have these , but worse case any idea what countries may still have these?

You can also get GOTY physical edition. To my knowledge (I can be wrong of course), it has all DLCs on disc. Here are US & EU covers:

US:

LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition Box Front

EU:

LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition Box Front

Hope it helps!

Edited by kenseizenkai

2 hours ago, leandrorhcp said:

GOTY doesn't include the Pirates DLC.

Yeah, I just browsed the web & found out a little too late. Why even call it a GOTY, when it's not a complete edition? Just like Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box for PS3.

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 1

If you're not particularly bothered with the legitimacy of how you 100% you can do a couple things to speed it up some (should community levels come back...)

1) Find a level with the prize bubbles. You basically stand there and collect all the prize bubbles for the game (this is a modded/hacked level) and you will get the prize bubbles trophies. This saves hours in effort searching all the levels for the bubbles and needing up to 4 players for some of them.

2) Use the player 2 spawner method to ace most of the levels. This is the bug where you can attach a spawner to player 2 as they come into the game in create mode, and if that spawner is spawning the level end screen then you instantly end the level. However this only works on levels where there is a player entry point in the first or second layers of the 2.5D world. If it's in layer 3 (closest to screen) it doesn't work, and some levels are in layer 3. Critically, it does work on the hardest levels, like Bunker. This saves countless hours and suffering.

3) check some forums for people offering boosting and message them for the things like 30 players and win a race against 4 friends trophies, which can be done by 2 players on 2 consoles (player 2 brings in 2 local co op players and it seems to count). If LBP.me doesn't come back then some of this may be a much greater faff.

27 minutes ago, kenseizenkai said:

Yeah, I just browsed the web & found out a little too late. Why even call it a GOTY, when it's not complete edition?. Just like Ultimate Box for PS3 Burnout Paradise.

To be fair the GOTY edition was released in September 2009 and the Pirates DLC in late December that year. But yeah, I get your point and I totally agree, they could just have waited a few more months and release the complete deal.

Unfortunately it seems this game will remain incomplete forever on my list.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, leandrorhcp said:

To be fair the GOTY edition was released in September 2009 and the Pirates DLC in late December that year. But yeah, I get your point and I totally agree, they could just have waited a few more months and release the complete deal.

Unfortunately it seems this game will remain incomplete forever on my list.

Yeah it’s a shame. I felt that way recently when I platted it in January and found out I couldn’t get the Pirates dlc. But at least it’s an ultra rare plat ??

On 24/03/2021 at 0:28 AM, PETMAN3000 said:

Indonesia, Hong Kong, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand & Taiwan. 

These PlayStation Stores all have the Pirates DLC

https://psdeals.net/id-store/game/1256801/littlebigplanet-pirates-of-the-caribbean-kit

BUT you are going to need the Chinese (Asian) version of the game in order to play the DLC.

It wont work with the japanese, american or european disc.

you have 2 options

option 1:

Get the physical game (game ID: BCAS 20058)

I'm trying to get my hands on a physical (chinese/asian) copy but cant find it :(

option 2:

buy LittleBigPlanet digital on the korean store ( ~ 30 $ )

(the problem here is that you cant just create one yourself because you need a korean ID, so you have to buy a korean psn account)

Thanks for this. I managed to get a Korean account via;

https://www.obtgame.com/review/product/list/id/129

works a charm.. I got all dlc etc...

just need the servers to come back ? 

Edited by JWill_55
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 3:31 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

I Hope to God you are incorrect on this one. ?