How is it now?

Violino

Is it properly (or nearly properly) enjoyable yet? I've wanted this for years and still want it but have been waiting with all the trouble since it came out and just want to know how the game is at this point or whether to wait a little more?

I have a base PS4 and my girlfriend has a Pro (no PS5 yet for either of us, can't get one) and if it's good on either one now I may get it.

Let me know what you guys think of it in its current state now.

Cheers

I would like to know too. I bought it for my base ps4 on day 1 and the game for me was unplayable so i vowed not to touch it again until i get a ps5. But ive not downloaded it on my ps4 since and ive got no download space for it right now so i cant check.

But i got a ps5 and played it on there yesterday and it looks like a decent game. Surely it cant be just because its running on a different console. Maybe the updates have helped.

But my advice to the op is to wait and play the ps4 version on the ps5 when you get one

Edited by dannyswfc9

As someone who considers it a joint-GOTY (with TLOU2) I would suggest waiting until PS5. I played it on Xbox Series X and it is probably the second best looking game I've played even though it isn't optimised for Series X|S, with smooth frame rate. Odd bug here or there, but sort of on a Fallout 4 level rather than anything game breaking. Great experience and very playable as a normal game would be.

I then gave it a go on Xbox One X and it was decent but noticably choppier and didn't look anywhere near as good. Would generally recommend people on older consoles avoid. On base PS4, it probably looks like OG Spyro or something ?

• Like 1

Yeah, hopefully 1.2 has something for console optimization also ?

Maybe something close to this: 

EDIT: I still can't get over this video and how PC players kept saying "what did you expect from your old hardware?". IDK, maybe something like that?

Edited by That1Estonian

Played it for 15 hrs for now but it works ok on ps4pro. Ofcourse it still is a buggy mess but at least it's working and there wasn't anything critical to this point. I was expecting something way worse so I'm actually fine with how it works right now. Maybe it's not perfect but on ps4pro It's playable for sure.

Im in the boat of "i bought it but havent played it yet"

I too have been looking for opinions about the new patch. Ive scoured various message boards and seem to conclude that the majority of people seem to think it still isnt great, but on the path to becoming something better. Like the patch still isnt enough.

There seems to be a minority of people that seem to think the game is good. And im not here to call out opinions but it seems to still be luck that some people are getting a "stress free playthrough". 

I think i'll leave it for one more patch. I still have enough games that are guaranteed fun for me. I have no doubt this will be eventually but clearly frustrations remain here. 

• Like 2

whats the file size on ps5 after the patch? i had it installed at 109GB. then deleted it after 2 crashes.. ill install it again probably in the fall...beat it(hopefully plat), then move onto the next gen version. But until then i have lots to play. So im not concerned. 

Yes it sucks what happened but at least CDPR owned up to it.  As for announcing in 2022 theyll be starting work on a new cyberpunk and witcher game..... makes me think they will do these patches, get the next gen out, maybe patch it and move on. lol

On 3/23/2021 at 10:06 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

As someone who considers it a joint-GOTY (with TLOU2) I would suggest waiting until PS5. I played it on Xbox Series X and it is probably the second best looking game I've played even though it isn't optimised for Series X|S, with smooth frame rate. Odd bug here or there, but sort of on a Fallout 4 level rather than anything game breaking. Great experience and very playable as a normal game would be.

I then gave it a go on Xbox One X and it was decent but noticably choppier and didn't look anywhere near as good. Would generally recommend people on older consoles avoid. On base PS4, it probably looks like OG Spyro or something 1f602.png

I support the 'wait-to-play-on-PS5' decision but in regard to GOTY I think you're a bit too soft on it.

I played it on release (patch 1.03 or around) on the PS5 and the game ran miles better than what I saw on YT for PS4 and PS4 Pro. I had no glitched trophies, but lots of crashes and somewhat frequent minor bugs (t-poses, missing textures, missing weapons or items on NPC's..) But on next-gen it does not have anything 'gamebreaking' as far as my experience (3 playthroughs, 100-odd hours).

However, the game needs a lot of quality of life improvements to be talking about in GOTY levels. The driving, map and model damage needs/requires a total overhaul, there's really tons of cut content, IU and menu navigation (i.e. crafting) is tedious as hell, game economy makes no sense whatsoever and a lot of patching is due.

This is still a good game, the core is amazing and it is there - internet loves the drama but this is nowhere near Anthem/F76 terms of terrible - I wholeheartedly believe in a year worth of patches and DLC's this will be an amazing game that at that point could go for a GOTY 2021/2022.

What CP2077 missed is time, and if you aren't able to jump to next-gen PS/XBOX I'd recommend a wait. I'm doing the same, even though I've got a PS5 and have an itch to replay it - I'll gladly wait a few more months for more polish, patches and a DLC or two.

• Like 1

I bought the fancy steelbook exclusive from Best buy after a momentary lapse in judgement. I don't usually fall for hype but I just can't say no to steelbooks. I have it sitting on my shelf yet to be played but I'm ok with that for the time being. I will wait a bit before I start playing even though I do have a PS5. It just doesn't look like a game I want to invest my time into just yet. I'm also working on clearing some backlog before starting anything new too, so I'm not just poopooing the game. It'll happen eventually. I might even just end up waiting for the PS5 version. 

I really enjoyed it at launch on my on my Pro. I certainly can appreciate everyone's reservations on starting the title if you have other things to play, but if starting this title is a lingering thought in the back of your mind then I think you should just go for it. It's truly special. One of my most enjoyable platinum-at-lauch experiences, even with the bugs I had to deal with.

3 hours ago, Savage_Sarabi said:

I bought the fancy steelbook exclusive from Best buy after a momentary lapse in judgement. I don't usually fall for hype but I just can't say no to steelbooks. I have it sitting on my shelf yet to be played but I'm ok with that for the time being. I will wait a bit before I start playing even though I do have a PS5. It just doesn't look like a game I want to invest my time into just yet. I'm also working on clearing some backlog before starting anything new too, so I'm not just poopooing the game. It'll happen eventually. I might even just end up waiting for the PS5 version. 

just FYI (alongside what this patch addressed), on PS5 it is miles above the crapshoot you've likely seen on YT regarding last-gen consoles.

In case you do find yourself out of things to play and it being still on your shelf - on the PS5 it's good to give it a go. Even if it won't be that 9/10-10/10 thing it aspires to be in due time, it has some really good moments and characters that stick with you.

On 01/04/2021 at 7:02 PM, Valkirye22 said:

just FYI (alongside what this patch addressed), on PS5 it is miles above the crapshoot you've likely seen on YT regarding last-gen consoles.

In case you do find yourself out of things to play and it being still on your shelf - on the PS5 it's good to give it a go. Even if it won't be that 9/10-10/10 thing it aspires to be in due time, it has some really good moments and characters that stick with you.

I’ve only just started (playing on PS5 with a PS4 disc) and although I do believe the game will be amazing, I’m still seeing the bugs. My weapons don’t load all the time on screen, NCP cars all stop randomly and don’t move, then they just disappear. The open world is empty, and honestly it doesn’t play like you’d expect at all. Doesn’t feel smooth, sluggish movements but maybe I’m just being picky. I don’t normally bother with small things like I’ve mentioned but it does make me wonder just how bad it was at the start if these things are still present. Shocking really. I should of waited for the PS5 release but this sort of game is right up my street. So far I’m not impressed but I still see the potential and will continue, hopefully I will be absorbed into the story enough not to bother about the small things 

PS are your characters meant to randomly stay naked for a few seconds whilst changing clothes? I also looked in a mirror and had an armless naked chick staring at me for a bit before it loaded in ?

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 10:27 PM, mikem192 said:

I’ve only just started (playing on PS5 with a PS4 disc) and although I do believe the game will be amazing, I’m still seeing the bugs. My weapons don’t load all the time on screen, NCP cars all stop randomly and don’t move, then they just disappear. The open world is empty, and honestly it doesn’t play like you’d expect at all. Doesn’t feel smooth, sluggish movements but maybe I’m just being picky. I don’t normally bother with small things like I’ve mentioned but it does make me wonder just how bad it was at the start if these things are still present. Shocking really. I should of waited for the PS5 release but this sort of game is right up my street. So far I’m not impressed but I still see the potential and will continue, hopefully I will be absorbed into the story enough not to bother about the small things 

PS are your characters meant to randomly stay naked for a few seconds whilst changing clothes? I also looked in a mirror and had an armless naked chick staring at me for a bit before it loaded in 1f602.png

I played the game when it dropped plus a patch or two, that was all way before 1.1. or anything close. Also PS4 disc in PS5. My game crashed every 2-3 hours until the next (I'd guess 1.04) patch that fixed that, V sometimes lost/unequipped his clothes and NPC had some funny driving. But I didn't have any issues with cars outright disappearing or NPC showing up naked.

Last play was probably late January I'm waiting for some more patches and DLC (maybe dedicated PS5 upgrade) and then I'm definitely replaying it all again just for the story.

• 3 weeks later...