Hitman 1 & 2: Time to 100% if starting fresh?

MikeCheck--

How long would it take to complete Hitman 1 & 2 within Hitman 3 once I’m done with 3? There are obviously less trophies but what does that mean for additional playtime? 

Do the guides for 1 & 2 cover it or is there less playtime since 1 & 2 have less trophies on Hitman 3?
Thanks in advance! 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

I’m also interested in this. I’m also wondering if you need to get mastery level 20 on the Legacy levels if you have completed Hitman 1 already? Is there some kind in save transfer?

Been wanting to get Hitman 2 for a long time but don’t want to grind the Hitman 1 levels again for 100%

To answer OP about time to 100% Hitman 1. It took me 6 days to get all trophies. I took about 3-4 hours per episode. Followed a guide for certain challenges and escalation missions. 

• Like 1

There is transfer if you’ve played the previous games. I never have and have no intention of playing Hitman 1/2 just to pop them in 3. I was wondering what I’m looking at. 

I’ll pick up 1 & 2 (within H3) when it’s on sale sometime to 100% this amazing series but still curious on how long it would take when playing them fresh in Hitman 3. Do the current guides for 1 & 2 pretty much cover it or is there less requirements trophy wise? 

3 minutes ago, Atoya said:

I suggest you buy hitman 2 and get the 100% on it so you enjoy it and get more trophies then the ones on hitman 3 will autopop 

I’m not concerned with doing it that way to be honest 

Edited by MikeCheck--

11 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

To answer OP about time to 100% Hitman 1. It took me 6 days to get all trophies. I took about 3-4 hours per episode. Followed a guide for certain challenges and escalation missions. 

Thanks for the time info. I've got this on my cleanup list so that will come in handy.

The levels are essentially the same so you can still use the guide. As for time required it would be less since your only required to complete a level once and reach Mastery Level 20, so it all comes down to how fast your reach said level. When I did HITMAN 2 I reached Level 20 in around 2 hours for each level.

Also for anyone wondering progress transfer only works from HITMAN 2 to 3.

Okay, I should be able to answer this.

Disregarding all auto popping, and assuming you are playing the levels and not just speed running through a guided tour by youtube or the likes:

I'd say that for each main level of Hitman your estimate would be around the 12-15 hour mark.

That's to explore, do all the special trophies, and get up to lv.20 mastery.

That would mean a time in Hitman 1 of approximately 60-75 hours, for the main levels, and maybe another 20 hours for the dlc levels (total, as there are fewer trophy requirements), and that does not include any time you put into non-trophy related stuff, such as Contracts / Elusive Targets / Escalation missions etc, and includes no time for the (excellent) Patient Zero campaign, as it has no trophies.

If you were doing the Hitman 1 stuff again, in Hitman 2, (Which you would be, as those missions do not auto pop anyways) in addition to the new stuff, that would mean 120-150 hours for the main levels (of both H1 & H2), plus circa 6 hours each for the three sniper missions, for a total of approximately 136-166 hours. (again, not include any time you put into non-trophy related stuff, such as Contracts / Elusive Targets / Escalation missions etc)

It is, of course, possible that you can shave time off these a bit, as you will be familiar with some levels from previous iterations, and the re-used levels do get a bit easier from game to game - as the additions made in the newer games (eg. foliage / crowd hiding etc.) made some older levels a bit easier.

As I said at the beginning, you could follow guides and use strategic saves to reduce these times drastically, but I'm assuming here that - based on your desire not to auto pop - you are looking more for an estimate of time based on playing 'as intended' as it were, rather than just the fastest way in and out of the games.

Hope that helps ☺️

EDIT - 

crap.

I just realised I misread the question. I thought you were asking about going back and playing those actual games, rather than playing the content WITHIN Hitman 3.

D'oh.

I'm a moron! Sorry! ?

In that case, I'd still stick with an estimate of 12-15 hours per level, but you can disregard the rest of my unrelated waffle!!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

For the legacy levels you could try master difficulty runs combined with challenges like sniper assassin, silent assassin and suit only. If you manage to pull these challenges of, you get up to 20K exp and more, enough to level up multiple times.

Doing that means you dont need to grind all that smaller challenges you will level to 20 faster.

Look up Mr Freezes guided on youtube if you need help. Some levels are surprisingly easy even with all those challenges (Sapienza, Hokkaido, Marakesh), other not so much.

Edited by Ranari_Kai
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I’m also wondering if you need to get mastery level 20 on the Legacy levels if you have completed Hitman 1 already? Is there some kind in save transfer?

nothing from hitman 1 carries over into 2 or 3, but 2's data can be transferred over to 3

as for time per mission id wager about 8-ish hours is fair if you're decent and save like hell, give or take as some are definitely shorter then others, plus how quickly you familiarize yourself with the level

8 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

@DrBloodmoney So each level takes 12 hours approximately? How many levels are there in those I wonder? Also, yeah obtaining the trophies for HM1 and HM2 within HM3 lol. Thank you for the detailed information, however! 

That's about the average I found, yeah. I don't use any kind of guide, except perhaps at the very end, for some of the most confusing challenges (generally the more easter-eggy ones, where tbh, I don't understand how anyone ever figured them out!) but I did look at the challenge list as I played, to get some idea of what to do to fulfil them.

Each Hitman game has 5 or 6 levels, and some dlc stuff has variations on those levels - though the variations are generally a bit quicker to milk for the trophies, due to reduced variation in the associated challenges.

7 minutes ago, preciseRNG said:

So I'm currently stuck because Full House trophy glitch. Otherwise, did everything from scratch. Took me about 110 hours including some fooling around of course.

It also hardly depends on how skilled / lucky you are on the Sniper Assassin maps.

Just like this, it took me also exactly 110 hours for everything and Full House glitched on me as well :D

• Like 1