PS3 Platinum Backlog

Blitz-tek

With the recent rumors of the PS3, Vita and PSP stores possibly closing THIS YEAR

Are there any platinums you want to go back and complete from a game you need to download?

I brought Remember Me and now have to go back and play that. Zone of the Enders HD Collection from PS+

*If you have any recommendations of any game or previous PS+ games to go back to for a platinum let the community know

Edited by Blitz-tek
Wrong information and typo

I am still waiting on official news from Sony.

Anyways, the ones I'd most likely play don't have a platinum and that is the Sam & Max games. I have all the episodes downloaded already. Thankfully I didn't buy a lot of digital games on PS3. I also have Deadly Premonition downloaded and have always been interested in that.

• Like 4

Right now I'm looking at buying all the DLCs for Black Ops 1, finishing Demon Souls.

Then gonna start looking at some series on the ps3:

• Dead Space (Extraction and Ignition included)
  • God of War (Excluding 3 since I have it with Plus)(Origins Collection)(Ascension)
  • GTA 4 +DLC
  • COD World at War(DLC), COD Classic, Black Ops 2 + DLC (Even though I don't have Big Leagues)
  • Dark Souls 2 (Dark Souls 1 is too expensive on disc)
  • Infamous 1 & 2
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution +DLC
  • Silent Hill HD
  • Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection
  • Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City
  • Payday The Heist? (Too many 4-player trophies)
  • Sly Cooper Collection? (on PS Now)
Edited by Burstawesome
  • Like 1

I don't plan on getting a PS5 until my PS3 backlog is complete so I spent most of the last year working on it. I'm pretty sure I've purchased every PS3 game I want to play at this point so I'll probably be getting everything downloaded soon to get back at it. I'll need to put together a list but it's only around 10 games if I remember correctly so I might be able to get it done this year.

Since I have started to do trophy hunting I've only done 2 out of the 62 PS3 plats I have planned to do most of them being single player and physical but also just games I'm generally interested to play and want to 100%.

A few of them are:

• Dead space trilogy
  • Killer is dead
  • Just cause 2
  • Tekken 6
  • Alpha protocol
  • Mirrors edge(DLC bought)
  • Asuras wrath(DLC bought)

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

I am still waiting on official news from Sony.

Same. I think it's a bit premature to start making a PS3 bucket list when we have don't even have confirmation, details on the extent of the shutdown, or an official date if this turns out to be true. 

Good thing though is I've already been working on my PS3 backlog lately. Probably finish Fallout 3, but I still want to go back and platinum Heavy Rain and a couple of other physical games. The only digital games I really want to play now are Yakuza 5, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and maybe 1 or 2 others. 

As to purchasing PS3 games, assuming we get our download list available to us (and again, this is true), 99% of the PS3 games I want have upgraded versions on PS4 or PS5. I'd probably drop $100 on PS1 and PS2 classics though. Lots of those games are not available elsewhere.

However, that just makes me think that these games on the PS3/Vita stores could eventually be available on PS5 since its focus is on "legacy." This is why I think clarity from Sony is needed before we start freaking out.

• Like 2

While I'm still waiting for an official work from Sony this made me realize that to avoid stressing out I should just do my PS3 backlog and buy the DLC I need since they won't go down in price. 

I only have 4 games from the PS3 itself to finish, them being. 

- Hitman 2 Silent Assassin

- Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate

- Prince if Persia The 2 Thrones 

- Prince of Persia (2008)

I also want to buy the DLC from 2 games, just so I have the whole franchise 100%. 

- Assassin's Creed Black Flag

- Batman Arkham Origins

So far I only bought AC Black Flag multiplayer DLC since it only was 3€ and I had that money on my wallet, the rest will cost 20€ ?, too steep but I want to try them anyway. 

I will only spend those 20€ once Sony confirms or denies the rumors 

I won't count PS Now games since those are always available, but I only plan to do:

- Revelations 2

- God of War 2

I pretty much did everything PS3 from Now that I wanted to do

Edited by maiathewinners

Beyond: Two Souls

Red Dead Redemption 

Nier Gestalt

Borderlands

inFamous 2

Saint’s Row The Third 

God of War II 

Ico 

Silent Hill 3 HD 

Persona 4: Arena Ultimax 

Zone of the Enders HD 

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD

Alice: Madness Returns

God of War: Ascension

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 

Asura’s Wrath 

Final Fantasy XIII 

Final Fantasy XIII-2 

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Sly 2: Band of Thieves 

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves 

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

X-Men: Destiny 

all in varying states of completion. It’s gonna be all PS3 for quite a bit, but I love most of these games so it’ll be enjoyable.

Edited by nrs1nrs1

Went back to PS3 at start of the month, started with Trivial Pursuit, actually quite liked that, then.. Dead to Rights, Where the Wild Things Are, Top Spin 4 (Plat) NFS Shift (Plat) Now playing Remember Me. So many i have yet to play or finish but i will probably end up burning myself out. 

If this is true I have to buy DLC for Batman: Arkham City and the two Fallout's.

Then I can 100% my 50+ games backlog without buying anything.

But I guess PSN (trophy sync) will be shut down before I get motivation to play all those games.

And then there's all those PS4 games, and VR, and soon PS5... Can they just stop making games for the next 20 years so we can catch up?!

Sigh!

Probably not going to bother platinuming any of the games in my backlog now, a lot of them are just too long and/or tedious for my liking. The Tomb Raider games are probably the easiest but I still can't be bothered, especially with the time trial trophies. I also have a few games in my backlog that don't even have trophies.

This is my current backlog:

• Tomb Raider Legend
  • Tomb Raider Anniversary
  • Tomb Raider Underworld
  • Tales of Xillia 2
  • Disgaea D2
  • Disgaea 3
  • Way of the Samurai 3
  • Way of the Samurai 4
  • Rayman 3 HD
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
  • Sonic Adventure 2 (going to replay it for the millionth time, never played the PS3 version before so really just including this for its trophies. Will likely leave it till last)

Trophy-less games:

• Eternal Sonata
  • Armored Core 4
  • Armored Core: For Answer
  • Folklore
  • Turok (2008) (chances of me ever actually playing this are close to zero though)

I've been slowly getting through my PS3 backlog, been playing at least one at least once a week to wittle it down. I'm not going to change what I'm doing even with the current rumours floating about, but I will just play exclusively PS3 games if they suddenly announce trophy syncing will no longer be a thing, but I doubt it (PS Now is my main reason for doubting). And with how short of notice Sony gives for these kinds of things nowadays, even if all I played was PS3, I doubt I'd be able to finish everything before it was too late anyway.

There's also some PS3 games I didn't bother to list because I know I will never play them, they're either PS Plus games I never had much interest in to begin with, or games I got on sale or was gifted and don't really care to ever touch them.

I hope to be finished the main PS3 backlog as of the start of 2023 at the latest. I still have a bunch of PS1 and PS2 digital games as well, but they're not as high of a priority due to being trophy-less, same goes for the trophy-less PS3 games. Almost all these games I have physically anyway, aside from 3 (technically 4, I have Stranger's Wrath both digitally and physically, just gonna play the digital version though. I also do have Sonic Adventure 2 physically for Gamecube if we wanna get real anal).

Edited by SuperSmexy500

I was trying to get most of my PS3 backlog done with this year anyways before the "leak". The games I have remaining are:

Lightning Returns

Metal Gear Solid 4

Red Dead Redemption

Shadow of the Colossus

Okami

Mirror's Edge

Silent Hill 3

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Assassin's Creed II

Lollipop Chainsaw

JoJo's All-Star Battle

Sega Genesis Collection

11 hours ago, Burstawesome said:

• Infamous 1 & 2
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution +DLC
  • Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection

I am not much of a fan of horror but this is what I could get from your list that I would like to play

10 hours ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

• Killer is dead
  • Alpha protocol
  • Mirrors edge(DLC bought)
  • Asuras wrath(DLC bought)

I found Asuras Wrath disc...that was a killer to get! List noted!

10 hours ago, Solercide said:

One Piece Unlimited World Red 

Mini Ninjas (maybe)

Mini Ninjas might be a maybe for me too

9 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Beyond: Two Souls

inFamous 2

Ico 

God of War: Ascension

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 

Asura’s Wrath 

Final Fantasy XIII 

Final Fantasy XIII-2 

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 

X-Men: Destiny 

An X-men game on ps3? How am I only hearing of this now!? Quite a list here! Should help me get to 100 games played on ps3

8 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Probably not going to bother platinuming any of the games in my backlog now, a lot of them are just too long and/or tedious for my liking. The Tomb Raider games are probably the easiest but I still can't be bothered, especially with the time trial trophies. I also have a few games in my backlog that don't even have trophies.

Yeah I have noticed some PS3 trophies are quite mad to obtain. Feels like later gen are now being more generous 

8 hours ago, RetroQuester said:

Shadow of the Colossus

Okami

Mirror's Edge

Assassin's Creed II

Nice games. Got the remaster for Colossus on PS4

• Like 1