28 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

Whoa wait, is there a new LL game on playstation? Or is this older?

This is a new f2p rhythm game that comes out tomorrow

There is a ton of dlc songs that they’re going to nickel and dime you for just an FYI 

I expected this, but I'm still disappointed lol.

6 hours ago, Dragonslayer_023 said:

It sucks that they went with the F2P + DLC model so there can't be a platinum. The 999 Lives trophy is also pretty rugged.

Is that a rule? F2P games can't have plats?

And ya know, I would have have happily paid full price for the game with a standard amount of songs for a rhythm game. They could have still put out song pack and costume dlc.

Hell, even in it's F2P model, if this list wasn't crummy I probably would have been motivated to buy a few song packs. I'll play it still now, but they won't get any money out of me this way. Shame.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dragonslayer_023 said:

It sucks that they went with the F2P + DLC model so there can't be a platinum. The 999 Lives trophy is also pretty rugged.

4 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Na its not true take Path of Exile for instance that is F2P and has a plat, there are others as well like Neverwinter Online.
Still this trophy list is lacking.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

And ya know, I would have have happily paid full price for the game with a standard amount of songs for a rythymn game. They could have still put out song pack and costume dlc.

Hell, even in it's F2P model, if this list wasn't crummy I probably would have been motivated to buy a few song packs. I'll play it still now, but they won't get any money out of me this way. Shame.

Yeah they could have made a full priced game with 30-40 songs and still had like 90 songs to sell as DLC and I would've been happy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

It's definitely a grindy list, but I'm honestly kind of glad because it gives me an excuse to play the game more. A platinum would have been nice, but it's not the end of the world. I wonder how many DLC trophies there are going to be. None have popped up on the site as of typing this, but I assume there's going to be at least some. I wonder how expensive it'll be to get the 100%... 1f62c.png Either way, I'm excited for this.

Why would DLC trophies on a free to play already be out when the game isn't?

53 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

I'm a fan of this anime and their real life counterparts but the way the made this game an F2P is a bit off putting.  And what's with the 999 lives trophy?  What a grind!  Still excited, though nico~nico~nii 1f60a.png

Definitely a big grind that would get especially repetitive if you don't buy any of the DLC. But then that's not really worth it for a game without a plat.

2 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Na its not true take Path of Exile for instance that is F2P and has a plat, there are others as well like Neverwinter Online.
Still this trophy list is lacking.

F2P games can have plats, but that's something the devs have to apply for, and clearly Square Enix wasn't feeling industrious enough (or was denied).

Could've been a better list, but eh, the thing that bothers me the most is that they translated the song name in one of the trophies into English, but kept it in romaji in another. 

Edited by Cloud668

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Actually, it's already out in Japan.

It wasn't earlier but the point is games usually add DLC trophies when they actually add new content. Plenty of free to play games despite adding a bunch of extra content never add trophies at all.

18 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

And ya know, I would have have happily paid full price for the game with a standard amount of songs for a rhythm game. They could have still put out song pack and costume dlc.

The only F2P game to come with a Plat that i know of was: Highschool DxD New Fight

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2848-ハイスクール-dxd-new-fight/Nelson_Otaku

Good times i must say lol

1 hour ago, Arctic Cress said:

This was posted in one of the Love Live discord channels.

image0.png

If it's true, I assume it is not being released there. You'll probably need to use a JP or NA account to download it.

Oh hey. That's me! And yes. It turned out to be true an hour or so later as someone spotted this on the official site, which Square Enix / Sunrise/Lantis did not mention. 

Regions to be distributed: USA, Canada, Mexico, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Japan.

Can however confirm, if you download it from JP it is in English. A couple of things are untranslated (it's the same in the NA version) however.

qwawltmo60p61.png

Edited by Zuntenshi
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zuntenshi said:

Oh hey. That's me! And yes. It turned out to be true an hour or so later as someone spotted this on the official site, which Square Enix / Sunrise/Lantis did not mention. 

Regions to be distributed: USA, Canada, Mexico, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Japan.

Can however confirm, if you download it from JP it is in English. A couple of things are untranslated (it's the same in the NA version) however.

qwawltmo60p61.png

What a Joke . I can understand if they dont translate it at all . But for god sake release a Game in English in EU . Everyone here speaks english . Even if there are 20+ Languages in EU, everyone speaks English aswell.  Square Enix is stupid about that for years . I just dont get it -.- .

I have Jp account so i will download it there . but it is annoying and unnecessary.

Edited by Xionx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I have no issues using another region but its more the reason why they decided to only do North American region, there was never any real announcement about that it was just stealth.
Not sure if I will support this now or not.

As someone who has been part of Love Live and its Seiyuu's since 2010 I can tell you this is unfortunately not news anymore. Europe is always an afterthought. "World" tour or Worldwide Release? Asia and NA. Only really during the pandemic has EU been a thing cause its been online events. However it is odd AUS did not get this game considering you have been getting the movies, and live/delayed viewings of the live concerts over the years.

2 hours ago, monochromepui said:

so one quick question

Is it possible to earn all trophies without paying any DLC ?

Yes it should be possible. You get 6 free songs. But that's the same 6 songs you need to play 999 times, so may become very repetitive. But just a FYI: Getting full combo on HYPER difficulty on Mirai no Bokura wa Shitteru yo and Sore wa bokutachi no kiseki can be very challenging.

26 minutes ago, Zuntenshi said:

Yes it should be possible. You get 6 free songs. But that's the same 6 songs you need to play 999 times, so may become very repetitive. But just a FYI: Getting full combo on HYPER difficulty on Mirai no Bokura wa Shitteru yo and Sore wa bokutachi no kiseki can be very challenging.

8 songs for free, though ultimately the same point, not to mention if you want any additional songs, the song packs are quite overpriced for what you get with them. As far as I can tell, all of them work out to over $2 per song, with the smaller packs going over $2.50 per song.

As far as the difficulty, as someone who has some good skill with rhythm games, I can confirm that the Hyper FCs are challenging, though less because of the actual charts and more because the interface for this game translates horrendously to the big screen. Imagine the Persona Dancing UI, except you also have to pay attention to the bottom-middle in addition to the top corners of the screen. The charts here are also designed around you being able to more or less comprehend every lane at once, so it adds up to the charts being nigh-unreadable at times for no good reason. Would be a fair bit easier if they let you smush the lanes closer together so you could actually have everything in view (seriously, the gap between the bumpers and everything else is insane), but I'd be surprised if they bothered with that.

Also the All Perfect trophy might be a bit more of a challenge than it should be. Someone who managed one of the Hyper FCs and is generally great at rhythm has noted that the timing felt very tight to him and from my own observations, it feels kinda tight to me as well.

Might just be a thing with higher difficulties, but worth keeping in mind.

EDIT: Should also note that I played this on an alt to test it out, which is how I have experience with it. After my experience with it, I have no real intention to shove it on my main unless at the very least, they fix the terrible UI.

Edited by Walt the Dog

33 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

8 songs for free, though ultimately the same point, not to mention if you want any additional songs, the song packs are quite overpriced for what you get with them. As far as I can tell, all of them work out to over $2 per song, with the smaller packs going over $2.50 per song.

As far as the difficulty, as someone who has some good skill with rhythm games, I can confirm that the Hyper FCs are challenging, though less because of the actual charts and more because the interface for this game translates horrendously to the big screen. Imagine the Persona Dancing UI, except you also have to pay attention to the bottom-middle in addition to the top corners of the screen. The charts here are also designed around you being able to more or less comprehend every lane at once, so it adds up to the charts being nigh-unreadable at times for no good reason. Would be a fair bit easier if they let you smush the lanes closer together so you could actually have everything in view (seriously, the gap between the bumpers and everything else is insane), but I'd be surprised if they bothered with that.

Also the All Perfect trophy might be a bit more of a challenge than it should be. Someone who managed one of the Hyper FCs and is generally great at rhythm has noted that the timing felt very tight to him and from my own observations, it feels kinda tight to me as well.

Might just be a thing with higher difficulties, but worth keeping in mind.

EDIT: Should also note that I played this on an alt to test it out, which is how I have experience with it. After my experience with it, I have no real intention to shove it on my main unless at the very least, they fix the terrible UI.

Oops. You are correct. It is indeed 8 songs! (wrote this right after waking up :P)

There is a way to make HYPER slightly easier, but not much and not something I would recommend going out of your way for: Use a fightstick/hitbox/custom created arcade pad. (Game was originally an Arcade game, so that's why its pretty difficult in general and UI designed the way it is. Obviously SE could have changed it, but hey. It's SE)

Timing on Perfects is indeed tight, but still forgiving. You can go into options and change the delay input. I changed it from 0 to -2 and Perfects were way easier to hit (also seen others do this, and was better for them). I still get thrown of and get great near the end thanks to the different sound the notes make once you collect LOVELIVE! letters and the Final Focus begins. 

Also unrelated to your post: For All Skill Cards (don't know if they count just yet), but you can change day/month on your console to do the Birthday events, which gives cards once you get collect enough points.

Edited by Zuntenshi