5 minutes ago, Zuntenshi said:

Oops. You are correct. It is indeed 8 songs! (wrote this right after waking up :P)

There is a way to make HYPER slightly easier, but not much and not something I would recommend going out of your way for: Use a fightstick/hitbox/custom created arcade pad. (Game was originally an Arcade game, so that's why its pretty difficult in general and UI designed the way it is. Obviously SE could have changed it, but hey. It's SE)

Timing on Perfects is indeed tight, but still forgiving. You can go into options and change the delay input. I changed it from 0 to -2 and Perfects were way easier to hit (also seen others do this, and was better for them). I still get thrown of and get great near the end thanks to the different sound the notes make once you collect LOVELIVE! letters and the Final Focus begins.

TBH, I feel like the only way to make it any easier is to go ahead and invest in a small monitor or something so the playing field is similar in size to an actual arcade cabinet for the game. The controls are a bit of an issue, though nowhere near as much as the massive amount of confusion from the fact that four of the lanes go diagonally towards the bottom while the outer two just outright go sideways, so I don't think a fight stick would do a whole lot, not to mention like you said, that's a hell of an investment just to play a F2P rhythm game with eight songs. :P

I did try out the -2 timing trick and I got significantly more Perfects doing that, so that does seem to help even for someone like me who's lucky enough to not have to adjust lag at all in most rhythm games.

11 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

This was posted in one of the Love Live discord channels.

image0.png

If it's true, I assume it is not being released there. You'll probably need to use a JP or NA account to download it.

Oh, there goes that I guess.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

TBH, I feel like the only way to make it any easier is to go ahead and invest in a small monitor or something so the playing field is similar in size to an actual arcade cabinet for the game. The controls are a bit of an issue, though nowhere near as much as the massive amount of confusion from the fact that four of the lanes go diagonally towards the bottom while the outer two just outright go sideways, so I don't think a fight stick would do a whole lot, not to mention like you said, that's a hell of an investment just to play a F2P rhythm game with eight songs. :P

I did try out the -2 timing trick and I got significantly more Perfects doing that, so that does seem to help even for someone like me who's lucky enough to not have to adjust lag at all in most rhythm games.

Welp. I went from controller to Stick and it improved everything and I have seen people on /r/LL discord do similar thing and improved somewhat. I have played the Arcade version a ton though so probably just a case of what you are used to. But could still be a thing worth noting in case someone has one or the other laying around and wants to see if that helps them! But like you said, don't recommend anyone going out to buy one just for this. Lol

Yeah. I never have to adjust input lag either. So not really sure why -2 is actually making a difference. It's actually a bit strange. 

5 hours ago, Zuntenshi said:

As someone who has been part of Love Live and its Seiyuu's since 2010 I can tell you this is unfortunately not news anymore. Europe is always an afterthought. "World" tour or Worldwide Release? Asia and NA. Only really during the pandemic has EU been a thing cause its been online events. However it is odd AUS did not get this game considering you have been getting the movies, and live/delayed viewings of the live concerts over the years.

While we are not Europe 90% of our game releases are linked to EU releases the other 10% is because our government banned a game or demanded removal.
But in terms of Love Live over here it sells well, the 2015 movie did so good that it kept getting brought back to show in cinemas. We had to pre book to see it due to it selling out so many sessions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

As far as the difficulty, as someone who has some good skill with rhythm games, I can confirm that the Hyper FCs are challenging, though less because of the actual charts and more because the interface for this game translates horrendously to the big screen. Imagine the Persona Dancing UI, except you also have to pay attention to the bottom-middle in addition to the top corners of the screen. The charts here are also designed around you being able to more or less comprehend every lane at once, so it adds up to the charts being nigh-unreadable at times for no good reason. Would be a fair bit easier if they let you smush the lanes closer together so you could actually have everything in view (seriously, the gap between the bumpers and everything else is insane), but I'd be surprised if they bothered with that.

Also the All Perfect trophy might be a bit more of a challenge than it should be. Someone who managed one of the Hyper FCs and is generally great at rhythm has noted that the timing felt very tight to him and from my own observations, it feels kinda tight to me as well.

So, I'm someone who plays and enjoys rhythm games- but I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at them, maybe average. Like I generally can't do very well at all on whatever the extreme difficulty is on any given game.

But I'm finding this game to be especially difficult. I can SS on easy, but on normal I'm doing as well as B/A and then hard is basically unplayable for me. My brain straight up can't come close to keeping up haha.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

8 songs for free, though ultimately the same point, not to mention if you want any additional songs, the song packs are quite overpriced for what you get with them. As far as I can tell, all of them work out to over $2 per song, with the smaller packs going over $2.50 per song.

As far as the difficulty, as someone who has some good skill with rhythm games, I can confirm that the Hyper FCs are challenging, though less because of the actual charts and more because the interface for this game translates horrendously to the big screen. Imagine the Persona Dancing UI, except you also have to pay attention to the bottom-middle in addition to the top corners of the screen. The charts here are also designed around you being able to more or less comprehend every lane at once, so it adds up to the charts being nigh-unreadable at times for no good reason. Would be a fair bit easier if they let you smush the lanes closer together so you could actually have everything in view (seriously, the gap between the bumpers and everything else is insane), but I'd be surprised if they bothered with that.

Also the All Perfect trophy might be a bit more of a challenge than it should be. Someone who managed one of the Hyper FCs and is generally great at rhythm has noted that the timing felt very tight to him and from my own observations, it feels kinda tight to me as well.

Might just be a thing with higher difficulties, but worth keeping in mind.

EDIT: Should also note that I played this on an alt to test it out, which is how I have experience with it. After my experience with it, I have no real intention to shove it on my main unless at the very least, they fix the terrible UI.

This exactly. I tried to explain my issues with the UI to one of my rhythm gamer friends that has yet to try it, and he replied saying "Every rhythm game has a learning curve, lol." as though it's just me or a skill related thing. So I replied telling him the issue is not skill related, but the fact that it's almost impossible to read on any difficulty hyper or higher and I compared it to Persona Dancing, but a lot worse since I was able to get use to Persona Dancing, but could not get use to reading hyper or higher in Love Live. After showing him numerous comments from other rhythm gamers having similar issues, he's now glad he decided not to try the game. As for myself, I gave up after spending most of the day yesterday getting back on the game multiple times in a vain attempt to try and find a method to be able to read the hyper charts or higher more efficiently for FCs. I had to eventually accept the fact that it wasn't going to happen on my widescreen TV.

Edited by SweetieBelle85

The ALL PERFECT trophy shouldn't be that hard since you can get it in any difficulty. I usually play rhythm games from the easiest difficulty to the hardest and I already have that trophy without specifically going for it. The Hyper ones are going to be challenging... I can't understand why with all the in-game tasks the game has, they didn't work more in the trophy list.

I'm loving this game so far, but I have the same issue with the UI in a big screen, I wish they could let us put the lanes closer to each other. It's a good UI to play in a phone, but not in a big screen with a controller.

But my biggest complain are the songs. I like Love Live songs and I bought a few packs to find out that despite the expensive price, we get the short version instead of the full version of every song. Either way I'm enjoying it and I think i'm going to play this game for a long time, the trophies will come.

Edited by Goikko

54 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The trophy list honestly could've been much worse if they crammed dlc trophies for the 30+ DLCs that came with its release. So even if it's missing a Platinum still better then the worse possibility. Btw though the trophies are obtainable with just the base free game or is dlc needed?

All trophies are obtainable with just the base free game.

Just to clarify to anyone interested, don't expect an easy and short free 100%:

- The Full Combo in those two song in Hyper needs practice.
- You need to play 999 songs. If you only have the free base game, 8 songs, that means playing each song more than 100 times.

- And last, but not least, you need at least one of every skill card. 18 members and around 20 cards for each member... I'm not sure what will come first, this or 999 songs. After every song you receive 1 or 2 random cards and you can get dupes. Dupes level up a skill card. And you don't just receive cards for the selected member, you can receive any Aqours skill card if you play with them, and the same with muse.

Still not sure if you still get a skill card if you already had it's ability at max level.

Of course that's only trophy wise. If you like Love Live and don't mind spending some (or a lot of) money, expect a game that have enough content to last for months.

Edited by Goikko

On 25/03/2021 at 8:13 AM, Muur1993 said:

Oh, there goes that I guess.

at least I could play it on my main account by making a US account

RIP being able to get any DLC tho...

what is a final focus btw? seems like whatever it is, you cant do it with just the base free version cuz I havent got any

On 3/26/2021 at 2:40 PM, Muur1993 said:

at least I could play it on my main account by making a US account

RIP being able to get any DLC tho...

what is a final focus btw? seems like whatever it is, you cant do it with just the base free version cuz I havent got any

Can just buy DLC on your US account and it will work on your EU account, no issues. 

Finale Focus is where the camera focuses on your set character. You need to do live show with a HR card. HR card can be collected after you play 20 live with the "basic" outfit and collect it from Task. (It's the outfit you get from the start). So that has nothing to with DLC. 

Edited by Zuntenshi
  • Like 1

Tbh, I'm kind of stoked about this. The DLC prices are definitely high and the trophies could've been more unique, but as a huge LL fan, I never imagined we would get another game on console. Especially after those vita games were so bad...

The game is actually pretty good quality wise. Grinding songs to craft costumes (and some of the costumes are much better than what I was expecting!) is a fun way for a collector like me to keep playing on and off between other games. I'll totally buy song packs every now and then. The DLC probably isn't worth it if you don't care much about the franchise though, I'm only cool with it because of being a huge fan and having the money to buy them. Its a pretty sucky business model for people who wanted to enjoy the game f2p or more casually. 

17 hours ago, Goikko said:

The ALL PERFECT trophy shouldn't be that hard since you can get it in any difficulty. I usually play rhythm games from the easiest difficulty to the hardest and I already have that trophy without specifically going for it. The Hyper ones are going to be challenging... I can't understand why with all the in-game tasks the game has, they didn't work more in the trophy list.

I'm loving this game so far, but I have the same issue with the UI in a big screen, I wish they could let us put the lanes closer to each other. It's a good UI to play in a phone, but not in a big screen with a controller.

But my biggest complain are the songs. I like Love Live songs and I bought a few packs to find out that despite the expensive price, we get the short version instead of the full version of every song. Either way I'm enjoying it and I think i'm going to play this game for a long time, the trophies will come.

Any modifiers like in Hatsune Miku or DJ Max games that could make the Hyper easier?

17 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Any modifiers like in Hatsune Miku or DJ Max games that could make the Hyper easier?

I've seen skill card that supposedly ease the Good/Perfect timing but other than that I guess that just practice.

33 minutes ago, Goikko said:

I've seen skill card that supposedly ease the Good/Perfect timing but other than that I guess that just practice.

Okay cool that's kinda what I was was thinking in terms of modifiers stuff that improves the hit chance. I enjoy these games still but my carpal tunnel doesn't ?

13 hours ago, Dragonslayer_023 said:

Is it possible to get the 100 photo trophy F2P? It seems like it only saves 5 per song and replaces them if you take new ones.

you can get the trophy in like 10 mins. start a song, spam circle 5 times, quit the song. repeat a bunch of times.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GregHouse007 said:

"Watch any member's Finale Focus 100 times."

How do you get this one? How do you watch that? Also, is there a way to unlock songs without paying like you can do with costumes?

Use a HR card of you wanted girl.

On 3/26/2021 at 4:21 PM, Zuntenshi said:

Finale Focus is where the camera focuses on your set character. You need to do live show with a HR card. HR card can be collected after you play 20 live with the "basic" outfit and collect it from Task. (It's the outfit you get from the start). 

And no. Songs are paid only. 

Edited by Zuntenshi