Combat system ruins this game imo

GUDGER666

This game could've been great but the combat is terrible, its slow and boring. Would be better with actual weapons! Really tried to get into this but combat is so dull. Its like if Cod took away guns and combat was use your fists, doesn't make sense. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I remember it took me a while to get into it, but once I did it clicked and I ended up liking it a lot.

Same.

The first boss gave me lots of trouble, but once I finally figured out the flow of the combat mechanics, it was like "Ohhhh, I get it."

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

Meh. You do you.

What.. on the block list you go, useless time wasting troll. 

28 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

It's been a long time since I played it. I remember it took me a while to get into it, but once I did it clicked and I ended up liking it a lot.

Oh i can do the combat fine, i just find it too slow and there is not much to it. Its my only complaint, i just think it would be much better if we had more stuff to fight with. 

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

This game could've been great but the combat is terrible, its slow and boring. Would be better with actual weapons! Really tried to get into this but combat is so dull. Its like if Cod took away guns and combat was use your fists, doesn't make sense. 

It sounds like you want the game to play a little bit like a fast pace action game like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, Rememeber Me is not that type of game. Think of it more like a fighting game and the combat will smoothen out for you I think.

Me, personally, I liked the combat a lot I found it rewarding finding the best combo joints. I will say however, when you find your perfect combo the gameplay does get repetitive.

Also keep in mind that this isn't some high budget studio with years of experience. This was made by DONTNOD and this wasn't just one of their first action games but one of their first games in general they've developed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, blazkowicz6 said:

Funny,I only liked the combat system in this game. It is a lame Batman ripoff but not bad.

On the other hand story,characters,sound,graphics or level design are all mediocre. 

I think the graphics are good. Sound is brilliant imo, no audio issues and the Dolby Digital is perfect. 2 games i played lately as well are Where the Wild Things Are and NFS Shift, both have broken audio that constantly pops, I can't do with bad audio. 

Edited by GUDGER666

Played it last year and the combat was one of the few things I enjoyed. My main complaint was that it could be more fluid, and some attacks were slow. But I liked the idea of building my own combos, maybe more move variety would be welcome too. 

The memory sections were cool, and the graphics were good for a 2013 game. But in all the game was just average.