Possible leaderboards update

I've been on this site for a long time now and i've been paying attention to my spot in my country and it's really not a true representation of my true spot in my country i'm from scotland that is apart of the united kingdom but the united kingdom isn't a country rather a collection of countries i.e scotland england wales and northern ireland.

Could we possibly see a update to make this an option?

3 hours ago, dedennesteph said:

I don't think that would be possible. Scotland is part of United Kingdom and no independent state, so I guess it would be the same if there would be a country leaderboard for every state of the US or Bundesland in Germany. Nevertheless I would like to see such country leaderboards. 1f601.png

Well, time for Scotland's independence right? 1f604.png1f609.png

But it's not a state like the united states if scotland was a state it would make sense not to have it

Ohhh, so you mean it would be better if the UK flag wasn’t used but instead the separate flags. Hmm, tough one. As you can see already, it takes a turn to politics. ? It makes sense you would want it that way though, don’t think that feature will ever be added unless Husky can somehow do that.

Btw doesn’t it have to do with an account’s region? Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty certain people on PSN can’t choose “England”, “Ireland” etc. But can only pick UK.

On 24/03/2021 at 8:54 AM, HusKy said:

The list of countries is predetermined by Sony. Only countries that are available when registering your PSN account appear in the leaderboards.

Aha, this. So it’s impossible to add this feature.

Edited by LoveInHell

1 minute ago, LoveInHell said:

Ohhh, so you mean it would be better if the UK flag wasn’t used but instead the separate flags.

I think it’s more a case of wanting four separate leaderboards than just different flags on the same leaderboard. Presumably driven in large part by the fact that it would likely move the OP from 58th to something much higher (unless all 57 of those other players happen to be Scottish!)

18 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Ohhh, so you mean it would be better if the UK flag wasn’t used but instead the separate flags.

14 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

I think it’s more a case of wanting four separate leaderboards

Well, as a Scotsman, I don’t really care about separate Leaderboards.

Separate flags would be a nice touch, but seems hard to do.

At this point though, frankly, I’d just settle for some of the people on here educating themselves a little bit, stop spouting nonsense about my country, and acknowledge that Scotland is, and always has been, a seperate country from England, Northern Ireland and Wales.

It is in a political union with them.

:dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney

On 3/23/2021 at 10:54 PM, ScottishNub said:

I've been on this site for a long time now and i've been paying attention to my spot in my country and it's really not a true representation of my true spot in my country i'm from scotland that is apart of the united kingdom but the united kingdom isn't a country rather a collection of countries i.e scotland england wales and northern ireland.

Could we possibly see a update to make this an option?

The country your account is tied to is dependent on whichever country you assigned your account under when you made it on PSN.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dedennesteph said:

It was not intended by me to shout out nonsense about Scotland. But as far as I know: The United Kingdom is a country which consists of the countries England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

The United Kingdom is a Sovereign Nation, not a country.

Scotland is a Country, joined by political union with England, Wales and Northern Ireland, within that Sovereign Nation.

I fully understand and accept that this is complicated and in many ways antiquated, and is not a situation replicated in many other places in the world

I also freely accept anyone not being cognisant of the differences.

I do, however, take a bit of umbrage with people from other countries stating wrong information as fact, particularly in a thread started by someone who is actually from the country they are spreading ignorant misinformation about.

• Like 2

Personally, I think it would have been cool if the UK accounts would be able to set a different flag in the settings on PSNP, even if they were treated like any other UK account in terms of leaderboard etc. Then it wouldn't be any functionally different, just a visual one. Make it a premium feature, if that need be.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3