coldhardcrash_

Platinum % on the rise

66 posts in this topic

I've noticed recently that the Platinum percentage has been steadily increasing, and decided to do a little research.

Turns out there's some obvious cheating happening to autopop story and collectible trophies in the PS4 version, like somehow having the triple spin trophies before beating any of the bosses, all coloured gems popping at the same time, the separate trophies for getting one and all of the Time Trial/NPR relics popping at the same time, the list goes on. The only trophies that don't seem to autopop are any tied to a miscellaneous action, which is the exact same outcome as if you were to transfer your finished PS4 save to the PS5 version - which is fine considering you're using your own save data. 

But that's not the case here, seems like there's some form of cheating/hacking going on or somehow using someone else's finished save file to autopop the story and collectible trophies, leaving the menial task of cleaning up the easy miscellaneous trophies to get arguably one of the most difficult Platinums from last year with very little effort. And that's  a shame for the many people that worked their asses off in achieving the Platinum legit.

I'm not saying that everyone earning this Platinum on the PS4 is cheating, but having randomly checked out around 20 or so profiles with the Platinum, a considerable amount had this issue. For reference, when I had earned this Platinum back in October, the Platinum % was a little over 1%. Naturally, you'd expect the Plat% to rise over time, but the rate it has risen at did raise a few red flags relative to the difficulty of the game. Which is a damn shame because at this rate it would only be an UR Plat for another few days at best! 

Can trophies auto unlock if you transfer your PS5 save to PS4 like PS4 to PS5?

I don't have the game, but I just used to think that people only needed time to practice. I noticed several known ones of mine slowly getting the Platinum with time.

13 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

Not sure about that, but the majority don't have the PS5 version on their profile. 

7 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I don't have the game, but I just used to think that people only needed time to practice. I noticed several known ones of mine slowly getting the Platinum with time.

Of course, with time it is possible but it's very suspicious when the majority of the trophies are popped at the same time. 

There's also the fact that a recent update has fixed Polar's hitbox on the riding levels (Bears Repeating/Building Bridges), making those levels much more bearable (pun intended) to get the N.Sanely Perfect relic on. I have finished those after the patch and had no issues with hitting the 2x2 stacks of crates, but I heard so many horror stories how broken this part of the game was. I'd imagine quite a few people who would drop the game pre-patch because of this could proceed further and potentially get a plat. Myself included.

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Of course, this is pretty pointless outside of getting stupidly quick trophy timestamps, platinum etc on the leaderboard. But it IS A LEGIT WAY to get stupid quick timestamps. 

Except it isn’t, because PSNP leaderboard rules include a stipulation that you can’t do this

42 minutes ago, JalXander said:

There's also the fact that a recent update has fixed Polar's hitbox on the riding levels (Bears Repeating/Building Bridges), making those levels much more bearable (pun intended) to get the N.Sanely Perfect relic on. I have finished those after the patch and had no issues with hitting the 2x2 stacks of crates, but I heard so many horror stories how broken this part of the game was. I'd imagine quite a few people who would drop the game pre-patch because of this could proceed further and potentially get a plat. Myself included.

I'm not sure you understand what I'm referring to. Well done for the people that did it legitimately, after the Polar patch or not. I'm referring to people somehow autopopping the story and collectible trophies to practically wipe out the majority (and most difficult parts) of the trophy list in seconds, leaving them with just the misc trophies to collect. 

Here's a snippet from an example from one of the profiles I came across that did this:

xUG1xxK.png

Look at the timestamps and time in between trophies (listed in brackets underneath the trophy description) and you'll see what I mean. All of the trophies above were popped in the space of 23 seconds. You can't earn all four coloured gems at the same time. How do you earn the trophy for all Time Trial relics before the trophy for one Time Trial relic? How do you earn the trophies for getting one NPR at the same time as the trophy for getting all of them? It's blatant cheating/hacking and there are quite a few profiles I came across that had very similar lists. 

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

I have been switching between PS4/PS5 recently without synching trophies, and the same trophies were popping again!!

And so it got me thinking......

There is actually a LEGIT way to get crazy timestamps like this;

STEP 1 - Begin the game and get ALL trophies, but NEVER EVER ENDEAVOUR to sycnh them. 

STEP 2 - Back ur game data somehow. 

STEP 3 - Now initialise your system. 

STEP 4 - Restore the game save back. 

FINISH - You now have a endgame 100% save or whatever, and no trophies popped!!!! 

Of course, this is pretty pointless outside of getting stupidly quick trophy timestamps, platinum etc on the leaderboard. But it IS A LEGIT WAY to get stupid quick timestamps. 

For guide writers though, its a good way to test trophy variablea, requirements etc 

Fair enough, but I highly doubt all of the profiles I have come across with these suspicious lists are doing this. 

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

xUG1xxK.png

This is clearly hacked. I don't think this would even be what Optinooby is talking about because there is almost a minute's discrepancy in some of the above trophies popping. Also, such a large amount of people would not have used that method anyway... I was not expecting this platinum to reach 3% let alone 4%, but it has doubled over the last couple of months. I had attributed some of that to people continuing to push through their frustration and git gud but I have been very surprised with the increase.

Crash 4 has become well known in the trophy hunting community as a very difficult platinum so I posit that it has attracted many many hackers.

OP, there is nothing stopping you from reporting these accounts as having earnt Crash 4 trophies illegitimately.

Edited by GonzoWARgasm

3 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

As far as I know, it only works with PS4 to PS5, not the otherway around. It needs to confirmed, but I think that's how it is.

57 minutes ago, MrGarland said:

As far as I know, it only works with PS4 to PS5, not the otherway around. It needs to confirmed, but I think that's how it is.

Not possible indeed:

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

STEP 1 - Begin the game and get ALL trophies, but NEVER EVER ENDEAVOUR to sycnh them. 

And this step right here is what gets people flagged. Failing to sync your original timestamps is what leads to a lot of people being removed from the leaderboards. 

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

Save hacking is slowly becoming more popular. This is not the only game that has been overrun by save hackers. I don't think there's much that can be done here except trying to detect these patterns automatically (save hackers can still work around this) and reporting these users to CTR.

@Optinooby This will get you flagged.

This is an absolute shame, I'd heard about it before but didn't know it was this commonplace. Ruins it for the people that worked so hard to get everything legitimately. 

2 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

This is clearly hacked. I don't think this would even be what Optinooby is talking about because there is almost a minute's discrepancy in some of the above trophies popping. Also, such a large amount of people would not have used that method anyway... I was not expecting this platinum to reach 3% let alone 4%, but it has doubled over the last couple of months. I had attributed some of that to people continuing to push through their frustration and git gud but I have been very surprised with the increase.

Crash 4 has become well known in the trophy hunting community as a very difficult platinum so I posit that it has attracted many many hackers.

OP, there is nothing stopping you from reporting these accounts as having earnt Crash 4 trophies illegitimately.

I've reported a few so far, but the amount of people that have done this could be in the hundreds considering how quickly the Plat% has been rising. 

9 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

I've reported a few so far, but the amount of people that have done this could be in the hundreds considering how quickly the Plat% has been rising. 

If they have PS5 list, you can report that as well. That will lead to nice double flag. :)

Posted (edited)

not a surprise people would hack it, there's been a load of reports of accounts for the collectables on the trilogy in the past.

Edited by Leenewbe

I just checked a few guys in the "fastest achievers" list and it really seems strange. Like half of the people I checked popped all the "earn any..." and "earn all..." trophies at the same time.

Posted (edited)

This Topic 

"When someone felt so proud by being having a plat which is low % then, later on, felt bad it became a common and now wanted to accuse other with cheating"

😂

Edited by cometowner

14 minutes ago, cometowner said:

This Topic 

"When someone felt so proud by being having a plat which is low % then, later on, felt bad it became a common and now wanted to accuse other with cheating"

1f602.png

Wow, you couldn't have missed the point of this thread more if you tried.

So I guess you think it's okay for people to save-hack and take shortcuts while others work their asses off earning the Platinum legitimately, right? 

36 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

I just checked a few guys in the "fastest achievers" list and it really seems strange. Like half of the people I checked popped all the "earn any..." and "earn all..." trophies at the same time.

This is exactly what I'm referring to.

Can't say I'm surprised.

The same losers and cheaters will do this shit on stuff like Super Meat Boy and Crypt of the Necrodancer. If you cannot get the platinum due to lack of skill, then just give up on doing it and move on.

Cheating like this just makes you feel bad because you yourself did not earn them. Crash Bandicoot 4 is just one of the more popular games for these people.

17 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Wow, you couldn't have missed the point of this thread more if you tried.

So I guess you think it's okay for people to save-hack and take shortcuts while others work their asses off earning the Platinum legitimately, right? 

This is exactly what I'm referring to.

Work their asses ? So you are not doing trophies for fun ?

The Curious Case of the Crash 4 Rarity has been making me sad for a while. I spent 170 hours of pure pain and frustration to get this Platinum and it's by far my proudest trophy-related achievement. Now I see it well on its way to not even being UR in a few weeks and that's depressing 😂 Especially considering the rarity of some of the other far easier games around! I know ownership is the single biggest factor and there's no proper way of calculating it, but it emphasises that while rarity can be a guide, it is ultimately a bit of a joke.

There's been save wizard files around for Crash 4 since the first week it was released. A friend of mine reported a bunch of them initially but there's so many now and obviously there's better things to do than trawl through hundreds of profiles looking at timestamps. Happened with DMC5 too I believe, amongst other games I'm sure, and the more prominent the issue becomes, the more people hear about it and use it. A vicious circle, if you will. Especially as they become more clever at hiding their tracks (although some dumbasses will still slip up and make it obvious and they're flagged for it).

Let's hope Crash 4 comes to Plus!