coldhardcrash_

Platinum % on the rise

66 posts in this topic

On 24.03.2021 г. at 3:52 PM, totakos1 said:

So these people spend money for a game they not gonna play( in this case a great game) or enjoy and they are going to cheat just to be first in a leaderboard that will give them nothing? No offense but this shows how ridiculous they are! If you end up cheating in your hobby better find a new one!

That's exactly what I thought when I found out what was going on. These things and the ratalaykas once again show me how pointless trophy hunting and rankings are.

Yeah it makes me sad to notice how many cheaters there are... How many do you think dont have the crash 4 plat legit?

On 30/03/2021 at 11:43 AM, offdutysuperhero said:

Yeah it makes me sad to notice how many cheaters there are... How many do you think dont have the crash 4 plat legit?

My estimate based on nothing more than gut instinct?

Well the amount of current achievers is 1,379/32,000 owners (4.3%)... so I'd say somewhere in the realm of 20-50 cheaters.

Again, with not evidence to support myself here, I'd guess that they won't be the most-recent achievers, they will have hacked the achievement dates to be between October-January to get buried within the masses to avoid detection. 

It's weird that the completion rate has spiked recently without any real forum activity of people celebrating or posting how they've finally done it after all this time and practice or that they've discovered new methods to make it all easier for everyone etc. Just plain weird.

15 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

It's weird that the completion rate has spiked recently without any real forum activity of people celebrating or posting how they've finally done it after all this time and practice or that they've discovered new methods to make it all easier for everyone etc. Just plain weird.

The Polar hitboxes have been fixed which might have helped a couple of people, but that's far from the hardest thing imo. Just annoying having to do the whole level for another go at that part.

Posted (edited)

#1 and #4 fastest are both hacked using save file (both also auto popped PS5 version which should warrant second flag). They have been reported since the beginning of this thread (not by me). I'm wondering if the report backlog is so large or if these reports are lost in limbo.

Edited by HusKy

18 minutes ago, HusKy said:

#1 and #4 fastest are both hacked using save file (both also auto popped PS5 version which should warrant second flag). They have been reported since the beginning of this thread (not by me). I'm wondering if the report backlog is so large or if these reports are lost in limbo.

It's probably the former, some obviously cheated fastest times on both stacks of Fallen Order were left up for a long time after being reported but were eventually taken down.

1) Lots of save file cheaters. Some are blatant cheats, others popped them in a believable pattern.

2) CRT ignoring reports.

I know a guy who cheats and is still on the LBs after like half a year lol, regardless of me reporting him. Crash 4 will only become more common as time progresses.

When I got the platinum back in December I attributed a higher platinum percentage (I think it was about 3% back then) to a low number of game owners compared to platinum achievers. At the time there were under 600 achievers. However, I noticed like everyone here how the percentage has sadly been on a huge rise since then due to game save cheaters. It’s getting to a point where the platinum trophy will be moving out of the ultra rare territory, which is ridiculous considering that it takes over 100 hours of dedication to get it legitimately. 

The crash 4 auto pop on PS5 should be a reward or icing on the cake for those that put the grind in on PS4 for 106%, but all it’s doing is giving the cheaters a second platinum trophy for free. I’ve also reported cheaters on other games since January but they still haven’t been taken off the leaderboards, it’s ridiculous how blatant cheaters can get away with this. If the staff are overpowered with the amount of reports, why don’t they bring more trusted reputable volunteers in to go through them? It makes you wonder

Hear hear, how pathetic it is to cheat for a platinum trophy, these people are a plague to the gaming community.

I know CRT has a lot of work, I really hope they sort this out.

18 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Hear hear, how pathetic it is to cheat for a platinum trophy, these people are a plague to the gaming community.

I know CRT has a lot of work, I really hope they sort this out.

I gotta agree. Getting this legit on the PS4 was a huge accomplishment for me. Getting it on the PS5 was a huge blessing thanks to the auto pop. But seeing people cheat to get this is personally a disgrace to not only the game itself, but also to all the gamers like me who actually put time and effort into getting this hard platinum. Honestly, why would anyone bother to getting the game just to cheat? It’s $60 for a reason!

Are you doing trophies hunting just to show off ? You want so badly your ultra rare trophy so you spent hours looking through leaderboard ? Is It a competition ? If It is sorry but you already loose.

The argument "I have suffer to get it so everyone must suffer too" just who forced you to go through so much pain to 100% this game ? This is addiction...

I am not saying that cheaters are right but just look at yourself. You look like kid.

Say you have not use a Glitch once. This is cheating too, abusing a default 

Edited by bc-games

7 hours ago, bc-games said:

Are you doing trophies hunting just to show off ? You want so badly your ultra rare trophy so you spent hours looking through leaderboard ? Is It a competition ? If It is sorry but you already loose.

No, no and no. You're completely missing the point of this thread. 

The argument "I have suffer to get it so everyone must suffer too" just who forced you to go through so much pain to 100% this game ? This is addiction...

In what way is wanting a fair playing field for everyone considered addiction? You honestly don't make sense. 

I am not saying that cheaters are right but just look at yourself. You look like kid.

Right, because wanting the right and fair thing for everyone is being childish. You're on a trophy hunting forum, full of trophy hunters. The whole point of this website is for people to share their common interest of trophy hunting. If there are cheaters, they're going to be called out like in literally anything else where people share a common interest. 

Say you have not use a Glitch once. This is cheating too, abusing a default 

Taking advantage of a glitch that is overlooked in development of a game isn't considered cheating. We're talking about using a modded save file to basically autopop the majority of a trophy list, which is blatant cheating. 

If you think there's no issue with having cheaters, then you're part of the problem. 

I'm personally not someone that goes for low percentage plats per se, i'm also not the sort of person that gets mad about trophies becoming less rare just because other people have managed to do them as well. Good for them, it's good to see that other people enjoyed the game enough or tried hard enough to get the plat.

It does however bother me when i see people cheat at the game. You're posted example is quite clearly someone who's cheated in some form or another, so they'll get reported if you haven't done so already. So while i completely understand your frustration at seeing people cheat on something you played for legitimately, i've never understood the mentality of being upset that your trophies are no longer as rare as they once were.

Edit: To clarify, i understand why you'd be mad seeing a trophy rarity go down because of cheaters. If however it's just that people have decided to go back and finish the game due to patches making certain sections easier, and legitimate players have made the plat less rare, if you were mad about that as well, i wouldn't understand it.

Edited by Ancestral_Spirit

4 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

I'm personally not someone that goes for low percentage plats per se, i'm also not the sort of person that gets mad about trophies becoming less rare just because other people have managed to do them as well. Good for them, it's good to see that other people enjoyed the game enough or tried hard enough to get the plat.

It does however bother me when i see people cheat at the game. You're posted example is quite clearly someone who's cheated in some form or another, so they'll get reported if you haven't done so already. So while i completely understand your frustration at seeing people cheat on something you played for legitimately, i've never understood the mentality of being upset that your trophies are no longer as rare as they once were.

If it's people getting good at the game over time then I have nothing against it, good on them and I'm honestly happy for them. But if it's because of cheating/hacking then it kind of takes away a lot of the fun in trophy hunting. It may not bother some, but as I said in my previous post, this is a trophy hunting forum and there are many people that it will definitely bother. Crash Team Racing fell victim to a similar issue, as did many other games. 

3 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

If it's people getting good at the game over time then I have nothing against it, good on them and I'm honestly happy for them. But if it's because of cheating/hacking then it kind of takes away a lot of the fun in trophy hunting. It may not bother some, but as I said in my previous post, this is a trophy hunting forum and there are many people that it will definitely bother. Crash Team Racing fell victim to a similar issue, as did many other games. 

Oh no i completely understand what you mean in regards to cheaters. It feels like it's taken away from your accomplishment in a way. The fact that you did some of the hardest aspects of a game and EARNED those trophies, only for someone to swan along and unlock everything without putting any effort in is definitely frustrating and demoralising.

I'm just not of the opinion that a less or more rare trophy makes the trophy any less 'worthy' if that makes any sense.

I've seen people on here complain about how easy Ratalaika games are, and that it devalues trophy levels and to me that sort of thinking makes no sense if you are someone who enjoys playing games.

As an example, i recently finished a game called 'Evan's Remains'. The game could be considered an EZPZ game, as there's no real skill involved, and if someone decided to follow a guide and skipped all the cutscenes, could be done within 30mins. But for me, it's a platinum i was happy to get and i couldn't care less if the platinum percentage is really damn high (i think it's in the 90%'s), because the game was just...... good. If we're talking story, REALLY good! And for the game to have such a high percentage in terms of trophies, mean nothing to me since it was just a damn good game.

10 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

Oh no i completely understand what you mean in regards to cheaters. It feels like it's taken away from your accomplishment in a way. The fact that you did some of the hardest aspects of a game and EARNED those trophies, only for someone to swan along and unlock everything without putting any effort in is definitely frustrating and demoralising.

Perfectly put.

15 minutes ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

I'm just not of the opinion that a less or more rare trophy makes the trophy any less 'worthy' if that makes any sense.

I've seen people on here complain about how easy Ratalaika games are, and that it devalues trophy levels and to me that sort of thinking makes no sense if you are someone who enjoys playing games.

As an example, i recently finished a game called 'Evan's Remains'. The game could be considered an EZPZ game, as there's no real skill involved, and if someone decided to follow a guide and skipped all the cutscenes, could be done within 30mins. But for me, it's a platinum i was happy to get and i couldn't care less if the platinum percentage is really damn high (i think it's in the 90%'s), because the game was just...... good. If we're talking story, REALLY good! And for the game to have such a high percentage in terms of trophies, mean nothing to me since it was just a damn good game.

Yep, totally respect this. I had a similar experience with Donut County, which has a Plat% in the 80s but was an extremely fun and easy game. Which, funnily enough, I did right after Crash 4 to play a fun and easy game to unwind!