PS Store (Mainland China) is now forcing ID verification

ChenZheCHN

This happened to me last week as I wanted Rayman Legends (it was on sale).

So I used OBTGame and they created an account for me. I received the account within 24 hours.

PlayStation China Region Account, China PSN Account, Top Up eWallet for CN PSN Store | OBTGAME

Edited by Ghost
further explanation
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

What games (not stacks) are exclusive to the Mainline China store?

I don’t remember any games that are exclusive to the Mainland China store, but I know that some stacks are so different than their international counterparts (content-wise and/or trophy-wise) that someone might see them as different games. Such games are:

• Just Dance 2015
  • Just Dance 2017
  • Rayman Legends (PS4)
  • Rayman Legends (Vita)
  • Street Fighter V

Good thing I got both Rayman Legends (CN) stacks out of the way back in June 2020. I was surprised this wasn't a requirement on the mainland CN store already, but it's disappointing. What concerns me the most is the Hong Kong PS Store. It's definitely possible this would be required in the HK store at some point in the future since China is growing its influence over there. I really hope not...

By the way, is Street Fighter V (CN) doable in two weeks? I have PS+ on my mainland CN account that expires in two weeks, and it looks like I won't be renewing it. I also have Chariot (CN) from PS+, but that will remain incomplete forever because it's way too difficult to platinum solo. 

2 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

By the way, is Street Fighter V (CN) doable in two weeks?

I think it is doable within 2 or 3 days.

Time-consuming trophies are listed below:

• 300 Critical Art finishes
  • Finishing with an EX Special Move 300 times
  • V-Skill 100 times
  • V-Trigger 100 times
  • V-Reversal 100 times

For first two trophies, you don’t have to finish the match with CA/EX. Finishing a round with CA/EX will count.

I did those two trophies by setting rounds to BO3 in versus mode, and win two rounds per match, one finishing with EX, one finishing with CA. The trophies pop when the match ends, so you could see that I got those two trophies at the same time.

The 100-time trophies are just as easy as they seem so. No worries here.

Edited by ChenZheCHN

Logged into my Mainland China earlier since I saw this post to see it affects existing psn accounts not just new ones. I did have currency on the account but it's not much of a loss, thankfully I finished the two stacks that would be impacted by this Final Fantasy XV and Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV.

So anyone looking for platinum all 5 versions for both games won't be able to fully complete the Final Fantasy leaderboard unless there is some kind of workaround.

30 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Logged into my Mainland China earlier since I saw this post to see it affects existing psn accounts not just new ones. I did have currency on the account but it's not much of a loss, thankfully I finished the two stacks that would be impacted by this Final Fantasy XV and Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV.

So anyone looking for platinum all 5 versions for both games won't be able to fully complete the Final Fantasy leaderboard unless there is some kind of workaround.

Were you able to launch any games you already bought on your mainland CN account on a different account?

Hello. I have the same issue with one of my PSN accounts. I bought this account some months ago with a FIFA 21 ultimate team on it. Now, since about a week ago, I cannot log in on that PSN anymore. It is also created in China Mainland and the language it is set on Chinese. Do I have any chance to be able to log in again in that account? I needed for the FIFA ultimate team because since this verification came in, I cannot play anymore FIFA in that account. I am not interested about China PS store games or deals and promotions, I just want to know If I can access back that account.

16 hours ago, Schulzahnarzt1 said:

same problem here, wanted to get my backlog clean, dying reborn PS4 & Vita Chinese Stacks, but i cant access them. 

If somebody has a solution would be nice to share it

The first reply mentioned OBTGame. I didn’t try it but maybe you can give it a try.

3 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I have a Hong Kong account, I don't know if that is considered to be mainland China. If I cannot access it, I'm glad I got around to Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition just in time.

No. Hong Kong is not Mainland. No worries there.

On 12.4.2021 at 8:31 PM, Schulzahnarzt1 said:

Maybe i can get a new working account there but then i have to buy the games again. This is no option to me, but thanks ChenZheCHN

On 11.4.2021 at 1:29 PM, Schulzahnarzt1 said:

same problem here, wanted to get my backlog clean, dying reborn PS4 & Vita Chinese Stacks, but i cant access them. 

If somebody has a solution would be nice to share it

On 31.3.2021 at 3:39 AM, ElevExplorer64 said:

I can confirm it's no longer possible to download my games on my CN account unless I re-sign in and link a Chinese ID, but I can still launch my previously downloaded games just fine.

The second post has your answer https://www.obtgame.com/playstation-network-china-account-game-in-cn-store.html

Just choose that option "Re-Verify existing China PSN Account". costs around 15$. they where able to verify my chinese account. it's working again.

• Like 4

On 4/15/2021 at 1:32 PM, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

The second post has your answer https://www.obtgame.com/playstation-network-china-account-game-in-cn-store.html

Just choose that option "Re-Verify existing China PSN Account". costs around 15$. they where able to verify my chinese account. it's working again.

Just to clarify, I'm not going to get in trouble if I do this, right?

Edit: I already ordered a re-verification, but I changed my mind at the last minute and asked for a refund. Probably not going to get one, but regardless, I'm done with my Chinese PSN account. I just don't need it anymore. Besides, now that I think about it, I don't actually want a Chinese account on my PS4 anymore.

Edited by ElevExplorer64