Lost Judgment (A Judgment Sequel, coming September 24, 2021)

ziggypossum

MWoQADx.png

New Japanese trademarks include potential Sega Judgement sequel

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/japanese-trademarks-katana-engine-by-koei-tecmo-lost-judgment-by-sega-the-centennial-case-by-square-enix-more

A Judgment Sequel is in Development

The Tojo Dojo can reveal that we have spoken to a source who has told us that a sequel to the 2018 hit Judgment is in development. We wish to stress that this is a rumour but after doing research into it we feel safe saying that we believe this to be genuine. We asked our source for proof to verify what they’re saying and was given information that backed up what they told us.

After posting about the trademark for something called Lost Judgment yesterday and stating that we didn’t believe it was Judgment related our source told us we was wrong to assume that. Apparently ‘Lost Judgment’ has been a working title for the sequel along with ‘Judgment: Seize The Truth’. Sega of Japan taking out a trademark for ‘Lost Judgment’ might make it seem like this is the final name they went with but companies often trademark multiple names and choose which one to use at a later date.

Another detail revealed to us is that the game will still feature Yagami and his trusty sidekick Kaito. The Yakuza series hasn’t been great about having characters return especially when their likeness is based on someone famous like Yagami who was played by Takuya Kimura. It’s nice to know that we will be continuing our sleuthing adventures in Kamurocho with some familiar faces. We’ve also heard about others who will return from the original game.

The game will also apparently feel much darker. The Yakuza series is normally known for its slapstick humour sprinkled throughout and although Judgment had it in places, it was a much more serious story. What we’ve had described to us makes it sound like Yagami didn’t battle all of his demons in the first Judgment.

https://tojodojo.com/a-judgment-sequel-is-in-development

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Judgment countdown website teases May 7 announcement

Judgment Day is coming.

Publisher Sega and developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio have launched a “Judgment Day” countdown website teasing an announcement on May 7 at 7:00 a.m. PT / 10:00 a.m. ET.

The countdown website is available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Korean, and Japanese.

A video, also titled “Judgment Day,” will premiere when the countdown ends (English, Japanese, Chinese, Korean).

Judgment is a spin-off of the Yakuza series set in Kamurocho, Tokyo. It first launched for PlayStation 4 in December 2018 in Japan, followed by June 2019 worldwide. A remastered version launched today for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and Stadia worldwide.

Back in March, Sega filed a trademark for “Lost Judgment” in Japan. Although unconfirmed, it is possible the trademark is related to the upcoming announcement.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/04/judgment-countdown-website-teases-may-7-announcement

• 2 weeks later...

Japanese PlayStation Store Leaks Sega’s Judgment Sequel

The rumored follow-up to Yakuza spin-off Judgment has been confirmed in a roundabout way thanks to the brief appearance on the Japanese PlayStation Store.

The sequel, entitled Lost Judgment, appears to continue the story of Takayuki Yagami following the 2018 release. The entry, which was spotted by several on social media and shared by gaming news guru @Wario64, includes an early access release date of September 24 and confirms a release on both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.

https://www.comingsoon.net/games/news/1172602-judgment-sequel-leaked

Edited by ziggypossum
  • Like 2

Here's the trailer.

Gameplay footage.

Ryu ga Gotoku Studios has officially announced Lost Judgment today, a sequel to its action-mystery 2018 title. For fans who miss Ryu ga Gotoku’s action-style, Judgment will be the franchise that carries that torch as Yakuza transitions into a turn-based RPG.

In an interview with IGN ahead of today’s reveal Yakuza creator Toshihiro Nagoshi and producer Kazuki Hosokawa confirmed that Judgment will be Ryu ga Gotoku’s action series pillar, while Yakuza evolves into a turn-based RPG after the success of Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

“That’s right,” the two producers confirmed when asked if Judgment represents a continuation of the classic Yakuza style of gameplay while Yakuza transitions into a turn-based RPG.

“The Yakuza series has been transformed into a turn-based RPG. On the other hand, over the year, Ryu ga Gotoku Studio has accumulated resources and know-how of making flashy and exhilarating action games that are effortless to enjoy. We decided that we should let our signature action gameplay live on through Lost Judgment.”

This means there will be even more Judgement games in the future.

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 1

I wasn't sure they'd keep Yagami because it must be expensive to hire Kimura Takuya. I hope they get him to sing this time, so we can get karaoke. 

And lol at the gameplay footage.. started to look like Hitman with the distracting coins, and Assassin's Creed with the parkour. 

Not sure I like the school focus.. My school days were a bit traumatic. Dancing game looks fun though.

Also.. I'm in the middle of Yakuza 7 right now and I've spent so much time running around the same places in Yokohama Ijincho that I'm not sure I'd want to do it all again so soon..

• Like 2

Still haven't got around to the first game, have it in my backlog, just waiting to get through more of the Yakuza games first.

I'm okay with this series now being the "classic" Yakuza style of gameplay, as long as that style lives on in some form, I actually quite enjoy the combat in Yakuza. I do like turn based RPGs as well so I imagine I'll enjoy Yakuza 7 when I eventually get around to it, and its future titles.

Very nice to see this getting a worldwide release for once, we usually have to wait a while for these games in the west. Hopefully this is the standard going forward now, it's nice to see more and more Japanese games releasing simultaneously in the west, or at least not long after. Now if only Falcom could do this...

35 minutes ago, Thephoenixshow said:

Is it gonna be the old yakuza games combat or the new combat from like a dragon? 

judgement is going to be old yakuza style combat and the yakuza series going forward is going to be turn based combat

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-yakuza-series-will-be-a-turn-based-rpg-series-fully-going-forward

I'll get this for sure at some point but I also still need to get Judgement, I should have picked it up last year when it was £9.99 on the PS store ?

Edited by Bluefalcon2210
added own opinion
  • Like 4

Great news, Judgment was a great game. A global release? Finally, I never thought I would see that.

I am pretty sure that puyo puyo is still in the game but I hope they got rid of those annoying requirements (27+ win streak).

If not it goes from day one buy to day one rent.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 1

I'm super glad to see them make Judgment its own sub-series. The first game is brilliant. I can't wait to go on another adventure with Yagami and the gang. ? I even sat through the story trailer with that awful English dub just to get an idea of what this new game is about (I really wish they would put out Japanese versions of their trailers with English subtitles), but the dub aside, it seems very interesting.

I'm also a fan of how they're keeping the action combat alive through Judgment while continuing on with the turn-based combat with the main series. I love both gameplay styles, so I welcome the variety. Nice to see a third battle style in the sequel too. But combat aside, it's pretty hype that you can seemingly skateboard around the city at will now. ? I'm also loving the new traversal options like wall running and climbing. It really emphasises Yagami's agility. I hope they tone down the tailing sequences in this one because it did get a bit much in the original. 

The game looks amazing overall. Pretty cool that they're making all future entries of Judgment and Yakuza a worldwide release. Will definitely be a day one purchase for me. ?

• Like 4

On 3/24/2021 at 1:26 PM, KantoRyu said:

Very believable source who totally doesn’t post false information all the time. Yes, a sequel isn’t out of the question at some point, but this isn’t RGG Studio’s next game. The game is called Judge Eyes in Japan, not Judgment. Meaning the trademarked title is a different game entirely.

This comment aged well, ha.

• Like 1

Nice to see that we're getting a Judgment sequel, which feels like good timing for me since I just got the Platinum in the first Judgment ? But it looks like there will be more to explore and I'm glad to see that Yokohama is making a return since I liked it from Yakuza 7. It also looks like you get a skateboard to travel around faster which is nice. I just hope the Keihin Gang doesn't make a return.

• Like 2

You can even walk a dog in this game. GOTY material right here. 10/10.

image_action_01_05.jpg

Also, according to the Japanese website, you'll be able to upgrade to the PS5 version for free.

PlayStation® 4パッケージ版をご購入された方は、追加費用無くPlayStation®5版へのアップグレードが可能です。

If you have purchased the physical PlayStation 4 version, you can upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version at no additional cost.

パッケージ版を購入された方は、PS5™のディスクドライブがないデジタル・エディションにおいてはアップグレード不可となります

Those who purchased the physical (PS4) version cannot upgrade to the digital PS5 edition on a PS5 without a disk drive.

またPlayStation™Storeで本作のPS4™ダウンロード版を購入すると、PS5™版を追加料金なしでダウンロードできます。

You can also download the PS5 version at no additional charge by purchasing the PS4 download version of this product from the PlayStation Store.

※PlayStation™Storeで本作のPS5™ダウンロード版を購入すると、PS4™版を追加料金なしでダウンロードできます。

※If you purchase the PS5 download version of this product from the PlayStation Store, you can download the PS4 version at no additional charge.

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...