V-Gorillaz

Easy Platinum?

11 posts in this topic

I'm currently playing SOTC, the controls are fucking awful, but not so bad that I have to stop playing. 

I want to know if the platinum is hard, for a person that never played any Team Ico games. I actually played it because it's like that cult jewel that you must play. 

The only thing you’ll find hard are unlocking all the items via the time trials, but if you just YouTube an example of someone doing it, it’ll be a massive help. There are 4/5 frustrating ones you’ll have to spend time practising. Apart from that, it’s easy. 

7 minutes ago, V-Gorillaz said:

... for a person that never played any Team Ico games. 

that´d be me. also struggled a bit with the controls. and so far have no plan on getting the platinum after one playtrough.

6/10
DIFFICULTY

from the guide here hits the mark pretty well. its not easy, but not like, super hard.. 

my advice, try doing Time Attack mode to see how you cope with that. (i did not, so said screw it).

GL HF

Having never played a previous version of this game, I wouldn't call this one a hard platinum. A couple of the hard time trials require some persistence, but it is very manageable. Once you compete all of the hard trials, all of the other trophies are a cakewalk.

I thought this was the PS3 version, this ps4 version is way easier. Well, maybe you will find some difficulty in the hard time trials, but I would say that it is nothing so big; with a little patience and insistence it is possible. Since the controls are purposely archaic, so yes, you will feel a little bit of frustration to do some. in addition there is a little bit of post game grind. in general, I do not consider it a difficult platinum. if you find the controls VERY bad, I don't recommend looking for platinum because you will have to complete all time trials twice in total, so don't ruin your experience. this is a good game, but platinum can be tiring. put on a headphone and enjoy the amazing soundtrack, I also recommend not watching location videos, try to find the colossi yourself. enjoy!

Easy, no, not easy. I think ease insinuates a distance you are allowed from a mastery of the gameplay, and SotC forces you to get as proficient with its systems as possible. More so on the ps3 than the ps4 but on either console you will learn to really play this specific game

Definitely an easy platinum, especially since you don’t even have to bother with the hard time trials and just do 2 runs of the normal time trials instead. Can’t speak for the PS3 version as I haven’t got around to playing it yet.

It's not that hard with only the time trials being the main obstacle but the times are pretty lenient from what I remember. The only Colossus that I remember giving trouble for the time trials were the last two otherwise the rest are either easy to do or trial and error with very slight RNG involved.

Once you do the time trials you will get items that will make the later playthroughs easier. One of which is a sword that kills them quicker and the other being an invisibility cloak that makes the final Colossus quicker to deal with.

The most difficult for me was to find the last collectible that I missed, even with the map in front of me ...

Ps3? Yes, it can be considered difficult.

Ps4? No, easy.

Thank all of you guys for the answers, they are really helpful. I'm currently on the 7th.

I'll see if I want to do it in the end.

Again, thank you!