Easy Platinum?

The only thing you’ll find hard are unlocking all the items via the time trials, but if you just YouTube an example of someone doing it, it’ll be a massive help. There are 4/5 frustrating ones you’ll have to spend time practising. Apart from that, it’s easy. 

7 minutes ago, V-Gorillaz said:

... for a person that never played any Team Ico games. 

that´d be me. also struggled a bit with the controls. and so far have no plan on getting the platinum after one playtrough.

6/10
DIFFICULTY

from the guide here hits the mark pretty well. its not easy, but not like, super hard.. 

my advice, try doing Time Attack mode to see how you cope with that. (i did not, so said screw it).

GL HF

I thought this was the PS3 version, this ps4 version is way easier. Well, maybe you will find some difficulty in the hard time trials, but I would say that it is nothing so big; with a little patience and insistence it is possible. Since the controls are purposely archaic, so yes, you will feel a little bit of frustration to do some. in addition there is a little bit of post game grind. in general, I do not consider it a difficult platinum. if you find the controls VERY bad, I don't recommend looking for platinum because you will have to complete all time trials twice in total, so don't ruin your experience. this is a good game, but platinum can be tiring. put on a headphone and enjoy the amazing soundtrack, I also recommend not watching location videos, try to find the colossi yourself. enjoy!

Easy, no, not easy. I think ease insinuates a distance you are allowed from a mastery of the gameplay, and SotC forces you to get as proficient with its systems as possible. More so on the ps3 than the ps4 but on either console you will learn to really play this specific game

It's not that hard with only the time trials being the main obstacle but the times are pretty lenient from what I remember. The only Colossus that I remember giving trouble for the time trials were the last two otherwise the rest are either easy to do or trial and error with very slight RNG involved.

Once you do the time trials you will get items that will make the later playthroughs easier. One of which is a sword that kills them quicker and the other being an invisibility cloak that makes the final Colossus quicker to deal with.

• 5 months later...
On 25/03/2021 at 5:46 AM, GraniteSnake said:

Definitely an easy platinum, especially since you don’t even have to bother with the hard time trials and just do 2 runs of the normal time trials instead. Can’t speak for the PS3 version as I haven’t got around to playing it yet.

wait, actually?

On 3/24/2021 at 5:46 PM, GraniteSnake said:

Definitely an easy platinum, especially since you don’t even have to bother with the hard time trials and just do 2 runs of the normal time trials instead. Can’t speak for the PS3 version as I haven’t got around to playing it yet.

huh? since when?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Play the ps3 version and you will realise how easy this version is. The colossus’s shake much more in Hard time attack mode, Argos and Gaius are notoriously difficult, particularly the latter due to only having 5 minutes as opposed to 6 and a half on ps4. Some people find them impossible. Add to the mix the controls take more getting used to.

1 hour ago, Ghost_of_Ziggy said:

Play the ps3 version and you will realise how easy this version is. The colossus’s shake much more in Hard time attack mode, Argos and Gaius are notoriously difficult, particularly the latter due to only having 5 minutes as opposed to 6 and a half on ps4. Some people find them impossible. Add to the mix the controls take more getting used to.

Those times on PS3 are super strict for HTA. I’m glad they reduced them in the remaster because this game’s control scheme is not exactly conducive to performing quickly.

Even though the PS4 version is way easier than PS3 I still wouldn’t really consider Shadow of the Colossus an easy platinum though. Not that it’s hard either. I think it’s actually way easier than the 6/10 guide rating, maybe a 4 or 5 at the very most. It’s mostly just a tedious pain in the ass.

Team ICO makes incredibly unique games that are often breathtaking, emotional experiences and deserve to be played through at least once by every real gamer. But jeez their trophy lists suck fuckin ass. 

• Like 2