Ambalrith

Full crew without making Triss your love?

9 posts in this topic

Trophies above everything but I'd really like to make Yen my love interest, but according to the guide it sounds like you really have to pick this, but "maybe" Yen brings Triss to the final fight for the full crew trophy. 

Has anyone gotten full crew without loving Triss? How do I do it? 

i don't think you really need to romance Triss for this trophy aslong as u did her quests

Yeah you don't have to romance any of them as long as you fulfill their quests and they stick around to join you so you're free to go with Yen and not have to worry about romancing Triss.

Not only that, but Triss being present in Kaer Morhen is independent of anything else, even if you ignore her quest.

I made a quick run pursuing all Gwent cards and ignored "Now or Never" sidequest, and was surprised she still appeared in Kaer Morhen, probably because there was a lot of cutscenes/stuff related to her like Ciri getting to help her, bombarding Wild Hunt swordsmen with fireballs etc.

So the guide is technically wrong, as Triss in Full Crew trophy isn't missable.

8 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Yeah you don't have to romance any of them as long as you fulfill their quests and they stick around to join you so you're free to go with Yen and not have to worry about romancing Triss.

8 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Not only that, but Triss being present in Kaer Morhen is independent of anything else, even if you ignore her quest.

I made a quick run pursuing all Gwent cards and ignored "Now or Never" sidequest, and was surprised she still appeared in Kaer Morhen, probably because there was a lot of cutscenes/stuff related to her like Ciri getting to help her, bombarding Wild Hunt swordsmen with fireballs etc.

So the guide is technically wrong, as Triss in Full Crew trophy isn't missable.

8 hours ago, Jason-DFG said:

i don't think you really need to romance Triss for this trophy aslong as u did her quests

Thanks, I'm getting close to the end of now and never and have to make that choice. I'll skip the love part and give it all to Yenn. Thanks guys! 

I got the trophy today.

This is what I did:

I completed Triss' side quests.

When it was time for her to go, I said something like "stay here" but she left anyway. I DID NOT tell her that I loved her because I wanted to stay loyal to Yen. It worked out perfectly. Triss was there for the last fight.

I'm quite happy that they didn't make it necessary to choose Triss. After all, Triss and Geralt are connected as friends too - it makes sense that she would be there for support, even if they are not in love anymore.

That's exactly what I did, asked her to stay but didn't take it longer. I'm haven't reached the last fight yet though but then it's highly likely that I'll get it 

Yeah... the guide in here is simply wrong (in many aspects too, might I add). Triss will come to Kaer Morhen regardless of your choices, so you can simply romance whoever of the two you want. I can confirm this because I did a NG+ on Death March just speeding through the game (that is, without delving into romance), and she came anyway.

Triss is there no matter what, you don't even have to ask her to stay.