Will Official PlayStation Rarity be Used Now?

BlindMango
Go to solution Solved by Sly Ripper,

Whats the name of the app? im checkin on my iphone and cant see anything, Sony Official.

where is this app on the app store because i cannot seem to find it anywhere

For those asking about the Official PlayStation app, here's the links for it:

Apple App Storehttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/playstation-app/id410896080?mt=8

Android/Google Play Storehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scee.psxandroid

Edited by BlindMango

I obviously wont be able to convince you, we can agree to disagree on this one ;)

Personally i cant bring myself to accept that someone who took the time to complete the dlc should not get the correct rarity of thier trophy based on ALL players, not just those who arn't too cheap to get the dlc ;)

• Like 1

For those asking about the Official PlayStation app, here's the links for it:

Apple App Storehttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/playstation-app/id410896080?mt=8

Android/Google Play Storehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scee.psxandroid

App is not available to EU/AUS etc who get the ps4 on the 29th we have to wait until the 28th for it to become available to us

App is not available to EU/AUS etc who get the ps4 on the 29th we have to wait until the 28th for it to become available to us

That sucks =/ Although my friend in Europe who owns an Android said that he has it, he said Sony just simply updated the existing PlayStation App that was available in Europe (and that wasn't available in North America).Maybe try that? It at least worked that way on his Android phone!

If they can account for hackers somehow, it has potential. But until that day comes, I think trophy hunters will continue residing to sites such as this for their percentages.

That's my viewpoint anyway. I also think DLC trophy percentages should be taken from owners of the game. It is true accuracy then, technically.

As Bloodmoney says the rarity used by Sony will be more accurate than any trophy statistic site currently in use, the fact that all users will be tracked (I'm guessing) will far outweigh the skewing of values that the small percentage of cheats can cause.

no lies detected!!outstanding bud! and bioshock infinite dlc is out xD.

• Like 2

It's not. If someone didn't buy the DLC it shouldn't be accounted in the total.

The userbase it's differente and the stat would be incorrect.

If not then you should account ALL PSN players for every base game even if they don't have it, because they could buy said game sooner or later.

Honestly Sony has the most accurate stats. 

Seeing as Sony has every single PSN User not just the hundred thousand or so that have signed up here or were updated here. It all comes down to personal feelings. some feel that they should only be compared to trophy hunters where as others would like to see how they stack up against everybody in the world. 

Who chooses the best answer for this site? 

You want to see the real best answer, If you dont like the app, then dont use it.

Its not rocket surgery. 

• Like 1

The official rarity would be a good feature to have but as Sly said then everything would be rare. I myself would prefer the rarity to be official though but maybe there's another type of breakdown that could be use to balance out the rarity. People who have played the game should be included also as yea they also played the game so they should be included. 

I think the Percents of this Site says more about difficulty and rarity for Trophyhunters. But it would be nice to see both.

PSNProfiles

22,5%

Common

Sony 3,6%

Something like this. So we have the Trophyhunter Stats and the Worldwide.

Pretty much what I meant. 

I don't see the big deal on having all your trophies be Ultra Rare when compared to the whole gaming community, I want to measure myself against my trophy hunter peers. Not casual gamers.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be best to have both. The official ones are MUCH more accurate. But the PSNprofiles ones have more useful info for me as a trophy hunter, if I want to look for some easy platinum for example.

But i have no idea, if the official rarity could be even datamined from PSN to this site.

Edited by Mikek1107
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I would prefer the official rarity values, however they are not precise enough to be of use to me. Sony is presumably measuring their entire population of users, and yet 0.1% is the lowest possible rarity? No.

Unless Sony increases precision, I say just stick with the rarity values as we have them now. Though, I would also continue to wish for a return to the previous method of calculating DLC trophy rarity. :)