Possible workaround for The mask told me to trophy

Lausokii

5 hours ago, BloodyKirika said:

Didn't work for me 1f614.png

Is it necessary that the only character used is Darius ? 

I don't think so bc someone who has Platinum told me he used different characters and did some in co-op too;  but who knows what went wrong there 1f613.png

Sorry to hear it didn't work. It's possible that more than 1 hidden objective is bugged but I can't prove it. 

It's also possible that my workaround was just a coincidence. I did the "No Cops Called" objective on 6 previous saves and it didn't unlock. But the 1st time when I purposefully avoided every hidden objective and then completed "No Cops Called", it unlocked.

Also I just used Darius and never played coop. Not sure if this affects anything.

• 5 weeks later...
On 28/03/2021 at 9:47 AM, BloodyKirika said:

I don't think so bc someone who has Platinum told me he used different characters and did some in co-op too;  but who knows what went wrong there 1f613.png

Who told you that i used darius only and amusement park seems to be buggy so maybe it just didn't pop again don't quote me on that though

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly I also have to confirm, that the workaround didn't pop the trophy for me :(

I used Darius exclusively and played the second run up to Amusement Park without completing any hidden objectives.

Then I did "Kill them all(main)" + "No Cops Called(optional)", but the didn't get the trophy.

Either the trigger is super glitchy and it can take multiple completions of this "No Cops Called" objective or a completely different one can bug out as well.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I am really sorry to hear that the game is so glitchy ?

So the best strategy is just keep trying i guess? 

At the people that tried to go for the plat and failed: how much time do you spent on the game by replaying it?
How often do started a new safefile etc.?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this workaround didn't pop the trophy for me, this is absolutely infuriating because it's hard enough getting no 911 calls on amusement park, I did it twice and its still not working.

Why are developers so lazy when trophies are bugged.

I don't want to be sat at 90% ffs just fix this game 

• 1 month later...

On 27/03/2021 at 10:47 PM, BloodyKirika said:

On 18/05/2021 at 3:01 PM, Ghost-TeamX said:

Sadly I also have to confirm, that the workaround didn't pop the trophy for me :(

I used Darius exclusively and played the second run up to Amusement Park without completing any hidden objectives.

Then I did "Kill them all(main)" + "No Cops Called(optional)", but the didn't get the trophy.

Either the trigger is super glitchy and it can take multiple completions of this "No Cops Called" objective or a completely different one can bug out as well.

I just got the plat today. I used the method above. I can confirm that you don't  have to exclusively use Darius, as I used Marena for each level.

Edited by Rain-124C41
Double typed
  • Like 1

On 20/07/2022 at 7:50 PM, Rain-124C41 said:

I just got the plat today. I used the method above. I can confirm that you don't  have to exclusively use Darius, as I used Marena for each level.

It's still very flakey it seems.  I got 100%, started a new save and just did the non hidden objectives with Marena and no platinum popped after the amusement park with 'no cops called' only.  Hopefully some more people can test this out.

• 1 month later...
On 13/04/2022 at 9:07 AM, BrettyBoy said:

I will only bother with getting a higher percent or all the trophies except the apparent glitchy one. Not many people have the platinum and I assume because of the glitch getting in the road of it.

I have 90% after getting all trophies except the glitched one a few months ago. I’m not gonna bother going for the glitched trophy incase it’s glitched for me, even by doing the thing that helps some people but thanks anyway, man.

• 1 month later...

Anyone who is still trying for this I have been communicating with the Dev who contacts the group who made this game to try and fix this trophy, I've been trying for a year now with no luck so if you're looking at this and want to go for the plat, you're stuck farming multiple playthroughs (if it doesn't pop on first) till you get it

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, MomentswithFox said:

So I just did the method twice using two different characters and still didn’t get the trophy.

Is it a situation of just keep restarting and hope it pops?

On 20/10/2022 at 1:36 AM, DivineNocturne said:

Anyone who is still trying for this I have been communicating with the Dev who contacts the group who made this game to try and fix this trophy, I've been trying for a year now with no luck so if you're looking at this and want to go for the plat, you're stuck farming multiple playthroughs (if it doesn't pop on first) till you get it

I’ve been thinking about this trophy. I have a suspicion the glitch is amusement park with no cops called, but also no alerts at all. So the npcs mustn’t see the victims at all - so therefore they don’t get the phone symbol above their head, even if they don’t succeed in actually calling the police because you’ve killed them before they get there.

It took me about 30+ minutes to play the level, being extremely careful. Picking off each npc as the opportunity came up. 

Also note, the game with occasionally send out a random seeker npc which will directly head to the location of other dead npcs. So these are the ones you need to be aware of at all times.

Don’t stray too far from your body dumping area. Keep picking off npcs from closest first. This is why Marena works perfectly because you can punch npcs unconscious, and then carry them away to be killed. 
Also note that some npcs need to be stabbed a few times to actually die, like the police officer character in this level, I believe.

There are few easy kill locations in this level also. You can burn one victim on the barbecue, send one away with the balloons and dissolve one victim under the can of acid (if the latter two spawn in). There may be more, but I’m going off memory alone right now. 

I’ll try and update this if I think of anything else, I really hope it helps! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2022 at 1:36 AM, DivineNocturne said:

The fact I've paid money for a game that glitches on an already annoying trophy just makes me more annoyed.

I'm 1 trophy away from the platinum but the lazy developer can't be bothered to fix it.

Infuriating 

Hello, just completed all objectives today. Followed this method twice over, once as Marena on save slot 3 unlocking only no 911 calls on the first level in addition to Amusement Park, and a second time using only Darius and only doing the main objectives with no cops earned on Amusement Park. Trophy didn't pop either time. 

Unsure what the issue is as I definitely earned the Trophy 3 times over in my attempts. I suppose this will have to remain a very annoying 34/36 trophies, because I don't have the will nor care to try it again.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

First off i completed all obectives on all maps with 1 with main character and left the Amusement no alerts objective to last sincr this was the one that seems to be glitchy, i backed up my save, i had no alerts got the objective no trophy,

used my back up save tried multiple things and no luck

so i followed the work around did what was said on a guide pick marena, punch carry kill on a body stack on the bottom left hand corner of map, did not put any bodies in bins etc one guy was green alerted for a mere second but got to him before the call was made and it popped

• 6 months later...

So unfortunately the bug affects me too. At least thanks to this forum I was aware of it and that it could happen to me. My final objective was 'No police coming' in Amusement Park which I saved for the very end. Before attempting it, I made a backup on a usb drive just in case. Before doing my final objective I realized that the counter was already at 100%, made a screenshot to proof it:  temp-Image-F917-DD.avif

So maybe this is part of the bug? Because how can it be on 100% before completing all objectives?

Since it seems to me that it's still not 100% sure whats causing the bug, I think it's better to describe which characters I was using along getting the 100% objectives. Mainly it was the Party-Hard-Killer but also the Wanna-be-Guy, which I think I used most of the times. Also, in the factory I used Marena. Only there. Factory was my second last level with objectives to complete and I found the 'no alert' objective to be almost impossible, when I just was reading she's a playable character which can make life easier when you're buying the DLC, which I did then because it had an 80% discount. Never played coop mode.

I read somewhere that one should try Amusement Park with Marena and try the 'No police coming' objective with her. I did that. I took caution to not do any other hidden object than that and didn't hide a single body. Didn't make the trophy pop. However while the police didn't arrive, the ambulance appeared one time because I wasn't fast enough to stop someone from calling them. Also 2 dead bodies were seen and then marked with that blue/yellow star kinda symbol but I killed the people before they could make their police call. It could be that either that dead body alarm or the ambulance call already glitched it, but thats just my speculation.

Tried the workaround method from the first post from @Lausokii with Marena on new save slot. Unfortunately I finished 3 hidden takes along the way (my fault). Still I thought I'll give it a try and reached amusement park and did the no cops coming objective again with no 911 calls at all. But... no trophy. So I took my 100% savefile from the cloud, open new save slot and retry the method with Marena, but this time without doing the hidden objectives accidentally. Made it up to amusement park and played the perfect round with hiding every body on the lower left corner, no dead body found, so no 911 call symbols above npc's heads and... didn't work either. Again no trophy.

Here's what I tried next:

I thought, maybe, just maybe, the game doesn't count my playthrough on savefile 1 as 100% because of the DLC and it's extra level objectives, which I haven't played any of them yet. I did then and completed everything. Here is the update: the DLC is bugged too... I completed all objectives on every level. But the counter says 95%. Reason is the third level, there is an hidden object with two dogs, which even after completing it doesn't count once the level is finished... buggy mess of a game.  I'll delete the DLC an see if this for any reason will affect it and do some levels again.

Next thing I tried was completing the game again on the second savefile, trying to use only Marena. I got 100% once again, played amusement park again at last and... nothing. I fucking hate this shitty bug festival of a game. Don't know if I'll give it a third try on a new fresh game, newly installed without DLC. It probably will bug then anyway.

So, I tried the workaround method in amusement park again on savefile #3 and again... no luck. At this point I've decided to delete the game and the all data from the harddrive and give it a complete clean retry. I will not install the DLC and I will only use Darius. Just don't know when I'll start this. 

By the way: found a link to the games discord server on steam page and seems like developers are active in their at least every now and then. Wrote them about the issue and asked for any information for fixes/workaround. They were no help at all. They say the team has split up years ago and communication isn't a strength of them anyway. With bad effort it seems they at least poorly try to fix bugs on the pc version but when it comes to consoles, they say that's out of their reach. So here we are, left alone with buggy mess and only can hardly try to help ourselves. 

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't gotten far enough in the game to see how this trophy plays out for me but I have read the comments and it all seems very random.

For instance showing 100% when you have not completed all objectives suggests that there is an objective that is glitching the whole process of achieving the trophy. Is it a level, a type of objective on any levels, or a particularly special objective only found on a specific level.

I have not seen anyone mention the other glitches causing the issue.

1. The entire HUD disappearing during game play.

2. The game loading multiplayer in the middle of a single player game.

3. The game loading the DLC randomly.

I was wondering if though the 'successful' 'the mask told me so'  popping play-thru did anyone perchance avoid any of these glitches and thus not create a detrimental save file perchance?

Also, did players with success versus failure have the DLC installed.

I know this was an issue with Skyrim for me where the Vampire DLC killed the Daedric Artifacts Trophy.

This is like the fourth game in the past year that I've had major game halting trophy glitches. What gives!

Nour, Powerwash Simulator, Moving Out, now potentially Party Hard 2.