Tips on getting to level 30 faster?

Crzy Minus

I didn’t mean to start a thread based on a topic that might’ve been tackled already but from what I’ve seen, the other threads haven’t been too clear for me so I’d appreciate a proper explanation on this.

So from my understanding, creating and playing other dreams gives you EXP but more so when you create, particularly when you sculpt. But do you actually have to create a proper sculpt to earn XP or can you really just spam the X button even if you’re not stamping anything? And does it need to be created and published, or you don’t have to save anything when you quit and you can start over and continue on? Also not related to sculpting but can you also earn EXP when you watch AudioVisual shorts through Autosurf?

Apparently there’s even a software that automatically does the job through Remote Play? But that’s as far as I know pretty much on that.

I’m still working on miscellaneous trophies at the moment but eventually I’ll have to work on this one, so any form of tip and advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/04/2021 at 3:10 AM, Alaquia said:

it takes a long time, but I reached lvl 30 by PLAYING the damn game. I'm no creator, but every creation needs someone who plays it...

that beeing said, just make one evening (or more) per week for browsing dreams content. you can even choose genre etc.

there is so much to discover and by using scripts / turbo controller / afk spamming buttons you rob yourself of an amazing experience

ugh i may do this when im on vacation in July. Just get it out of the way. 3 hours a day, just doing whatever. ? i sort of enjoyed the game, but then i hated the grind... but i also hate that i really only need level 20 and 30 and spend time in music mode or something..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a turbo controller specifically for this game because I was not going to sit there for hours and hours pressing a button nor going through random levels for hours on end either. I went to the sound mode where you search for an instrument and then place it down and then hit L1+X to open the creating menu up. Then I set my turbo to Triangle and set a hammer on top of it to keep it pressed down. I did have to hold Options down every 5 to 10 minutes because the Imp drifted off the screen though. Doing about 8 hours of this a day took me like 5 days from ~level12 to 30.

Been reading on this and there doesn't seem to be an "easy" or quick method. Personally, at this stage I am level 22 and I don't mind the grind. I only worry about having good creations to play running out.

Currently I am going to search, under tags, choosing game-> single player and going through what comes up. If I like, obviously leave a like, and if I love it, leave a review. The game should default to Dreams you haven't played yet, so dw about duplicates for the most part. 

Only doing an hour an evening. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2021 at 11:13 AM, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

Got the last 5 levels needed a couple of days ago for the plat. I succumbed to the turbo adapter for the DualShock 4 method while I was busy around the house, leaving it to do it's work so it didn't seem too long

Can you please tellthe name or send a link of the adapter? I'm level 23 and i cant grind no more ?

On 17/09/2021 at 10:40 AM, shlomaniac said:

Can you please tellthe name or send a link of the adapter? I'm level 23 and i cant grind no more 1f637.png

Yeah sure, bearing in mind I am from the UK. This is the adapter I use. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Game-Controller-Back-Button-Attachment-for-PS4-Rear-Extension-Keys-Adapter-/353462751911?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 1:24 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Does anyone know how watching shorts or music videos affects xp? Also do you get more xp for playing longer levels or shorter or is it just time in general?

I find that the xp given for shorts, showcases, music, and audio-visual are minuscule to the point where you’d have to interact with 100’s of them to notice xp gain. 

As for games. You for sure get xp for short or small games. Longer games only seem to give more xp because of how long you are interacting with it for. That being said idling does not give xp you have to be interactive. 

However I will say that some games give more xp than others. I find that games you hold down buttons or press continuously, like racers, give less xp. 

17 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I find that the xp given for shorts, showcases, music, and audio-visual are minuscule to the point where you’d have to interact with 100’s of them to notice xp gain. 

As for games. You for sure get xp for short or small games. Longer games only seem to give more xp because of how long you are interacting with it for. That being said idling does not give xp you have to be interactive. 

However I will say that some games give more xp than others. I find that games you hold down buttons or press continuously, like racers, give less xp. 

Yeah, I tested playing a bunch of levels for a few hours and barely saw any XP, I then tested going in create mode, and the XP gain was higher in one hour than the three hours, so I decided to cave in and AFK in create mode with a turbo controller. Whoever came up with the experience system really didn't want anyone to actually play the levels.

Currently, 27/30, what a miserable grind.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 8:10 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

Yeah, I tested playing a bunch of levels for a few hours and barely saw any XP, I then tested going in create mode, and the XP gain was higher in one hour than the three hours, so I decided to cave in and AFK in create mode with a turbo controller. Whoever came up with the experience system really didn't want anyone to actually play the levels.

Currently, 27/30, what a miserable grind.

What method do you do in create mode for xp?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 10:03 AM, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

How do you set the turbo setting to be automatic ? 

I have the adapter you sent but the instructions are not clear. 

I pressed the triggers and turbo button on the X button but it wont continue the turbo unless i push the button.

To be clear , i want to leave the controller on turbo during the night without needing to press it. 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, shlomaniac said:

How do you set the turbo setting to be automatic ? 

I have the adapter you sent but the instructions are not clear. 

I pressed the triggers and turbo button on the X button but it wont continue the turbo unless i push the button.

To be clear , i want to leave the controller on turbo during the night without needing to press it. 

Thanks in advance.

No problem, I had the same issue as the instructions don't really help at all. 

So basically you'll press one of the buttons on the attachment until the light next to the one you want to be on turbo is on. Ie.. if you need 'X' press the button repeatedly until it lights up that symbol on the adapter.. then you'll want yo press the other button so it is flashing. When the light is flashing, the turbo function is on and will be until you either press the button on the attachment again, or remove the attachment from the controller.

I did some of the earlier grinding using the RDR remote play method but that was very unstable for me as I kept disconnecting. 

Using the adapter was, for me, the best way. I used it in the day as I was around the house and did come back to it every half hour or so to reset the creation as I was unsure if the congestion of memory had anything to do with the crashing of the previous method. 

• Like 2