PS5 version playable with second PS4 controller?

Darkwing___Duck

No, it would if you downloaded the PS4 version, as you can play that with both the PS5 and PS4 controllers, but not the PS5 version of the game.

Unless... if you used Remote play on a phone, tablet or PC, to log into your PS5 with a secondary account, then you can use your DS on the PS4 and they can use the DS4 connected to the PS5 via Remote Play and it will work on the PS5 - it's very stupid that they allow it to work if remoting in, but not natively.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, turniplord said:

No, it would if you downloaded the PS4 version, as you can play that with both the PS5 and PS4 controllers, but not the PS5 version of the game.

Unless... if you used Remote play on a phone, tablet or PC, to log into your PS5 with a secondary account, then you can use your DS on the PS4 and they can use the DS4 connected to the PS5 via Remote Play and it will work on the PS5 - it's very stupid that they allow it to work if remoting in, but not natively.

So if I buy the PS4 digital version, download it on my PS5 I can't play it with the second PS4 controller, only if I play it on PS4, right?  

2 minutes ago, Darkwing___Duck said:

So if I buy the PS4 digital version, download it on my PS5 I can't play it with the second PS4 controller, only if I play it on PS4, right?  

If you download the PS4 version on your PS5, you can use either controller and it'll work fine on your PS5. 

If you download the PS5 version, you can only use the new DS, unless you remote in with an app as I mentioned above. 

But, if you're happy with a lower resolution and maybe framerate, the PS4 version on the PS5 will let you both play without having to remote in. 

I honestly don't know why Sony doesn't just allow the DS4 in PS5 games considering that workaround works fine. 

• Like 2