When you go from PS5 back to PS4 do the trophies unlock?

RedWolfCrusader

We all know that upgrading from the PS4 version to the PS5, the trophies that you have will pop. What I'm asking is the opposite. So let's say I'm playing Avengers and I upgrade to PS5 and I get the plat in PS5 can I go back to the PS4 for the trophies to pop there as well?

Edited by RedWolfCrusader

Basically, if it is a game that stores data server-side (A-la Hitman 3, as @Taliesin_2943 said, or Destiny 2, as @da_Heino referenced above), then yes, that would be the case - not as an intended effect, necessarily, but as an unintentional bonus.

Otherwise, it's at developer discretion, and therefore unlikely, as this would not be a priority to most devs.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Basically, if it is a game that stores data server-side (A-la Hitman 3, as @Taliesin_2943 said, or Destiny 2, as @da_Heino referenced above), then yes, that would be the case - not as an intended effect, necessarily, but as an unintentional bonus.

Otherwise, it's at developer discretion, and therefore unlikely, as this would not be a priority to most devs.

Warframe does store the Data Serverside and it wont work. I deleted my local Savegame but no Trophy...