Shards for Inn Requests

TalesofGaming

I doubt anyone's gonna read this due to this game being so old and not many people playing it but, I have 5 inn requests left until I can finally get the Gentleman trophy. However, I can't get any shards at all to drop anymore even though I have less than 10 in my inventory. I looked around and it sounds like they don't drop if you're too high a level. I'm currently about level 160 and have been trying to farm the Zhonecage for the last of these shards I need for the ??? requests. This trophy isn't listed as missable (besides not doing those two inn requests) but I'm starting to feel like it is if the specific shards I need don't drop. My other concern is that I've already upgraded these weapons to +1. Am I able to still get the correct quality even if I've already upgraded it once? Basically, am I screwed and have to do another playthrough?

Edit: Forgot to update but I managed to get the platinum! It turns out, using the fish & chips item along with the Chaos difficulty helped get me the shards I needed. Also, pro tip: Don't bother farming in Zhonecage if you can't do it on Chaos. Do Ghardia Shaft instead.

Edited by TalesofGaming

• 4 weeks later...