djb5f

Do squad wins count for the 20 episode wins trophy?

41 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

With a party that you put together? Yes. In squads mode? No. They’re two separate shows

 

I won't get any episode win (solo or squad) unless I win it myself then, right?

 

Wait, I got it wrong. Then if I start a squad or join one from the game menu, I'll get an episode win if one member wins, right?

Edited by Deceptrox
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

 

I won't get any episode win (solo or squad) unless I win it myself then, right?

 

Wait, I got it wrong. Then if I start a squad or join one, I'll get an episode win if one member wins, right?

You’re getting squads and parties mixed up here…

 

A “party” is when a group of 2-4 PSN friends play together, regardless of what show you choose.

 

A “squad” is specifically the group of 4 players that is formed when you play in Squad Show.

 

When you play as a party, you win / lose individually.

 

When you play as a squad, you win / lose as a group.
 

The low-grav Hex-a-Gone show can only be played as a party, so yes you’ll need to win on your own

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

You’re getting squads and parties mixed up here…

 

A “party” is when a group of 2-4 PSN friends play together, regardless of what show you choose.

 

A “squad” is specifically the group of 4 players that is formed when you play in Squad Show.

 

When you play as a party, you win / lose individually.

 

When you play as a squad, you win / lose as a group.
 

The low-grav Hex-a-Gone show can only be played as a party, so yes you’ll need to win on your own

 

Thanks for the explanation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/05/2021 at 6:54 PM, vincybwoyjr said:

Do squad wins count towards the win trophies even if you’re disqualified during the last round? For example, you die in hexagon but your team still wins in the end.

For my experience I would say that squads becoming in 1st place during racing rounds doesn't count to race wins trophy.

 

I've been tracking everything since my 5 win trophy and if that worked I would have almost 25 wins but no 2o wins trophy poped

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/3/2021 at 0:32 PM, CLOUDO720 said:

Yesterday my brother played Squad Mode with randoms (today I will try this mode myself), and the situation is as follows:

 

1) Other person from his team won Jump Showdown, and my brother got the "Victory!" trophy (win your first episode) but no "Squad Goals" trophy. That means 20 Episode Wins trophy is doable in this way.

2) About Races Wins - his squad got first place in Skyline Stumble race, but didn't get the trophy for winning 5 races (before this race, my brother has 4 Races Wins). That means this method not count for an individual's progress to 20 wins.

Ruby Rose Best RWBY Girl ♡

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got both Track Star (TS) and Golden Guy (GG) trophies. What I can say are:

  1. A squad win in the final counts for GG of each individual squad member.
  2. The second best player a.k.a. last to be eliminated will also win it for the team in a Hexagone or Thin Ice events but the podium goes to the last team standing. Counts for GG.
  3. A squad that ranks 1st in race rounds does not contribute anything for TS. If you are part of a squad and you cross the line first, it only counts for you, not your squad members.
  4. You can boost for 1st place finish by being the first to be eliminated among all of the participants in a "slime-race" event such as Slime Climb or The Slimescraper but your squad still needs to qualify for the next round.
Edited by Muze92
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Muze92 said:

I got both Track Star (TS) and Golden Guy (GG) trophies. What I can say are:

  1. A squad win in the final counts for GG of each individual squad member.
  2. The second best player a.k.a. last to be eliminated will also win it for the team in a Hexagone or Thin Ice events but the podium goes to the last team standing. Counts for GG.
  3. A squad that ranks 1st in race rounds does not contribute anything for TS. If you are part of a squad and you cross the line first, it only counts for you, not your squad members.
  4. You can boost for 1st place finish by being the first to be eliminated among all of the participants in a "slime-race" event such as Slime Climb or The Slimescraper but your squad still needs to qualify for the next round.


For #2, I had a game where my squad was only 3 people but we kept advancing and a teammate won the Hex-a-gone final.  We got a gold badge for the event but the podium showed a 4-member team winning it.

 

Any idea why this happened and do you think I got credit for the episode win?  I did not get a crown so I am thinking no.

 

EDIT- I contacted Mediatonic but they responded with gibberish that my match ended in a tie.  How is that possible in Hex-a-gone?

 

 

 

Edited by djb5f
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, djb5f said:


For #2, I had a game where my squad was only 3 people but we kept advancing and a teammate won the Hex-a-gone final.  We got a gold badge for the event but the podium showed a 4-member team winning it.

 

Any idea why this happened and do you think I got credit for the episode win?  I did not get a crown so I am thinking no.

 

I contacted Mediatonic but they responded with jibberish that my match ended in a tie.  How is that possible in Hex-a-gone?

 

As long as you got the gold badge and WINNERS screen at the end of the match before the podium, it counts, regardless of who shows on the podium after. I've had it happen to me, probably as a result of a tie or something. Though I don't remember if I got any crown pieces afterwards, I'm leaning towards yes, cause I think it would have stuck out to me otherwise.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

 

As long as you got the gold badge and WINNERS screen at the end of the match before the podium, it counts, regardless of who shows on the podium after. I've had it happen to me, probably as a result of a tie or something. Though I don't remember if I got any crown pieces afterwards, I'm leaning towards yes, cause I think it would have stuck out to me otherwise.


I don’t recall seeing any “winners” but received a gold badge right at the end of the hex-a-gone and on the results screen.  But definitely no crown.

 

So bizarre.  How can a tie happen in Hex-a-gone?  They fall into the slime at the exact same time?

 

I

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there is a glitch where if the last beans fall into the slime at the exact same time, no winner is crowned and it literally says "Eliminated: 7/6" or similar. This is also a thing in Jump Showdown, Roll Off and Thin Ice. I'm not sure how Trophies are affected by this glitch by I guess that you don't obtain the win and that your streak for Infallible gets broken.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, it just happened again.  3 person squad made the final, got gold badge for winning but then it said “Squads Tied” and the other team was shown on the podium.

 

I guess it timed out? I don’t think the last person for either team fell in.

 

Ties in Hex-a-gone are really dumb.

 

Edited by djb5f
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/06/2021 at 11:18 PM, djb5f said:


For #2, I had a game where my squad was only 3 people but we kept advancing and a teammate won the Hex-a-gone final.  We got a gold badge for the event but the podium showed a 4-member team winning it.

 

Any idea why this happened and do you think I got credit for the episode win?  I did not get a crown so I am thinking no.

 

EDIT- I contacted Mediatonic but they responded with gibberish that my match ended in a tie.  How is that possible in Hex-a-gone?

 

 

 

You wont get a crown for winning in squads.. You only get 20 crown fragments.. if your rewards screen says you get 20 crown fragments then yes, it counts as an episode win..

Edited by Muze92
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Muze92 said:

You wont get a crown for winning in squads.. You only get 20 crown fragments.. if your rewards screen says you get 20 crown fragments then yes, it counts as an episode win..


I did not know that, very interesting.

 

In the first case, I got 32 crown parts on the episode in question.  Most recently I got 28 crown parts.  I think I must have completed daily objectives for 12 and 8 crown parts and got credit with 20 crown parts each time for the win (tie?).

 

Thanks for the heads up.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, djb5f said:


I did not know that, very interesting.

 

In the first case, I got 32 crown parts on the episode in question.  Most recently I got 28 crown parts.  I think I must have completed daily objectives for 12 and 8 crown parts and got credit with 20 crown parts each time for the win (tie?).

 

Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, crown frags/parts can be acquired by doing the daily objectives as well.. 20 crown frags for winning the squads show is stated in the show selector screen.. On another note, I can confirm that Hexagone and Thin Ice events can end in a tie if reps from both team remain as the final two (probably a glitch??) because it happened a few times for me.. Not sure about other finals such as Jump Showdown or Roll Off because I seldom get those events..

Edited by Muze92
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Muze92 said:

Yes, crown frags/parts can be acquired by doing the daily objectives as well.. 20 crown frags for winning the squads show is stated in the show selector screen.. On another note, I can confirm that Hexagone and Thin Ice events can end in a tie if reps from both team remain as the final two (probably a glitch??) because it happened a few times for me.. Not sure about other finals such as Jump Showdown or Roll Off because I seldom get those events..


So, yes I am receiving crown fragments but I guess we still don’t know whether a glitched tie counts as one of your 20 wins towards the trophy.  Sure would be nice to be able to see some stats (win count progress tracker) but alas…

 

 

 

 

Edited by djb5f
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/06/2021 at 3:10 PM, djb5f said:


So, yes I am receiving crown fragments but I guess we still don’t know whether a glitched tie counts as one of your 20 wins towards the trophy.  Sure would be nice to be able to see some stats (win count progress tracker) but alas…

 

 

 

 

Tie counts as wins. :) You can notice next time that you will win the prize (crown).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.