Struggling with the 'Make the cut' trophy.

Hey there! I've been trying to get the trophy 'Make the cut' today, and there is a lot of conflicting reports on what methods actually unlock it. I've found throwing a molotov or hiding out near the bombsite and letting the terrorists plant the bomb to be too unreliable - so I've tried knifing someone who is on the golden knife on Arms race. Found lots of forum posts saying that this method is viable, but it has yet to unlock for me, even when I knifed the guy three times in the same game. Does anyone know of a good way to go about getting this trophy? Is it even possible in Arms race, and if so, what did you do when you got it.

• 3 weeks later...

thank you!

On 3/25/2021 at 0:54 PM, johamburgers said:

Hey there! I've been trying to get the trophy 'Make the cut' today, and there is a lot of conflicting reports on what methods actually unlock it. I've found throwing a molotov or hiding out near the bombsite and letting the terrorists plant the bomb to be too unreliable - so I've tried knifing someone who is on the golden knife on Arms race. Found lots of forum posts saying that this method is viable, but it has yet to unlock for me, even when I knifed the guy three times in the same game. Does anyone know of a good way to go about getting this trophy? Is it even possible in Arms race, and if so, what did you do when you got it.

finally someone posted this. so from what I been told you have to fight against another bot/player who also has a knife and get the kill that way that is the only way to get the trophy. 

• 7 months later...

I did this on the Office hostage map as a terrorist, as the CTs pushed up through front office (the window with the ladder in front yard) I threw a molotov and ran in with a knife, as the bots run forward out of the flame they have knives equipped and it counted.

It might be possible in Arms Race, but I can confirm that if you backstab (assuming the criteria is both players facing each other) it doesn’t count - as I tried earlier today on Arms Race and while I got the Knife on Knife award, Make the Cut wasn’t earnt.

Hope this answers the question.

On 25/03/2021 at 7:54 PM, BEARDLESSVlKlNG said:

what did you do when you got it.

• Like 1