Ranger Hardcore + Iron Mode glitch (latest patch - no uninstalling necessary!)

Delameko

6 minutes ago, Delameko said:

I already posted this at PSTrophies, so I'll copy and paste it for your enjoyment:

--

I'll be honest, I didn't expect this to work, but it did!

I read this post on the True Achievements and noticed people were saying it still working 2021.  So I figured, if it works on XBox, maybe it works on PlayStation too?  And it did!

Here's what you do:

1. Beat the game.

2. Start a new game in Slot 2 (not new game plus)

3. Play the first level until the watchman jumps out at you, then you kill another watchman and it triggers the autosave.

4. Quit to Main Menu

5. Choose 'Load Game', and choose your original completed save slot, select the Finale save.

6. Once it's finished loading and the cut scene starts to play, hit the PS button, and then kill the game from the dashboard (option button).

7. Start the game again.

8. Load the slot 2 Ranger Hardcore save.

9. Once loaded, hold square to start, and then quit to Main Menu again.

10. Go to Load Chapter, select Finale, watch the cut scene, and when the credits roll you'll get your trophy/trophies :D

Would this work on the dlc stuff?

6 hours ago, Delameko said:

I think you can unlock New Game+ and Iron Mode as well!

I need someone to test it for me and check the trophy pops, as I already unlocked Iron Mode.

New Game+ overwrites your save, and the above method needs your original save slot to be able to load the finale, so here's what you do:

1. Follow the steps I outlined in the original post.

2. Now you have two completed save slots.

3. From the menu, select New Game, select Slot 2 (hardcore ranger slot), select New Game+ and Iron Mode, reader difficulty.

4. Complete the first chapter until you reach Winter chapter and you see it autosaving. (It only saves at the start of chapters in Iron Mode, and the save from the start of Moscow doesn't work).

5. Quit to main menu.

6. Select Slot 1 (original complete game), and choose Finale save.

7. Once it's loaded and the cinematic starts to play, hit the PS button and kill the game.

8. Start the game again. load Slot 2 NG+ Winter save, hold square to start, and then exit to Main Menu.

9. Go to Chapters, select Finale, watch cinematic... Pop (hopefully)

Hopefully someone will test it out but if not I'll try it in afew days I gotta put it back on my console I cleared it off for space

• 3 weeks later...
On 26.03.2021 at 0:10 PM, Delameko said:

Just got confirmation that it works 1f44d.png

Tried your trick to get trophies on ng+ and it didint work. I know i did all good because i managed to get trophies for the hardest difficulty. When i did it the same for ng + ( of course i played whole chapter) i didint get a trophy/trophies (i tried to get it with iron mode) . I got access to the final on this save yet trophies didint pop. 

I will play game normaly later after i clear dlc and platinum. 

On 11/04/2021 at 8:25 PM, Hanashiteru said:

Tried your trick to get trophies on ng+ and it didint work. I know i did all good because i managed to get trophies for the hardest difficulty. When i did it the same for ng + ( of course i played whole chapter) i didint get a trophy/trophies (i tried to get it with iron mode) . I got access to the final on this save yet trophies didint pop. 

I will play game normaly later after i clear dlc and platinum. 

That's disappointing ☹️

Someone messaged me to say it worked for them, I couldn't test it myself, as I'd already done Iron Mode legit.  I'll update the response.

One thing worth trying, instead of loading up the finale, load up the last mission, check that the save is disabled (so you know you're playing in Iron Mode - and it didn't get turned off from shuffling saves), then if it is still on, finish the last mission.

Edited by Delameko

• 4 weeks later...

I thinks it's probably safe to say the Iron Mode doesn't work at this point.  I contacted the person that told me it worked and they never replied, leading me to believe they were mistaken (maybe thinking trophy Hardcore was Iron Mode).

• 1 month later...
On 17/04/2021 at 1:49 PM, Quink666 said:

Just did this on PS5, with a digital copy of the game on latest patch. Worked like a charm. I also got the bad ending. woho!

So you just need to complete the game first on normal and get the good ending then do the glitch to get ranger hardcore and bad ending?

I guess we need to find out if this works on the new PS5 version of the game (as opposed to the PS4 version running on a PS5). Could be helpful for those who don’t want to replay the game three more times. 

13 hours ago, Swotam said:

I guess we need to find out if this works on the new PS5 version of the game (as opposed to the PS4 version running on a PS5). Could be helpful for those who don’t want to replay the game three more times. 

Someone on the PS5 versions forums here confirmed it worked for them on PS5.  

I'm going to have to disable auto updates until I get around to playing it.

• Like 1

On 25.03.2021 at 9:10 PM, Delameko said:

I already posted this at PSTrophies, so I'll copy and paste it for your enjoyment:

--

I'll be honest, I didn't expect this to work, but it did!

I read this post on the True Achievements site and noticed people were saying it was still working in 2021.  So I figured, if it works on XBox, maybe it works on PlayStation too?  And it did!

Here's what you do:

1. Beat the game.

1b. Back up your save (seriously, back it up, this messes with the save slot assignments)

2. Start a new game in Slot 2 (not new game plus)

3. Play the first level until the watchman jumps out at you, then you kill another watchman and it triggers the autosave.

4. Quit to Main Menu

5. Choose 'Load Game', and choose your original completed save slot, select the Finale save.

6. Once it's finished loading and the cut scene starts to play, hit the PS button, and then kill the game from the dashboard (options button).

7. Start the game again.

8. Load the slot 2 Ranger Hardcore save.

9. Once loaded, hold square to start, and then quit to Main Menu again.

10. Go to Load Chapter, select Finale, watch the cut scene, and when the credits roll you'll get your trophy/trophies :D

Unlocking New Game+/Iron Mode

Enough people have told this didn't work for them for me to decide it doesn't work, I'll leave it here in case you want to try, or gives you an idea to try something different.  I think there might be a way to get it to work, but I've deleted the game now (and I already had Iron Mode anyway, so I couldn't verify that the trophy popped).

New Game+ overwrites your save, and the above method needs your original save slot to be able to load the finale, so here's what you do:

1. Follow the steps outlined above.

2. Now you have two completed save slots.

3. From the menu, select New Game, select Slot 2 (hardcore ranger slot), select New Game+ and Iron Mode, reader difficulty.

4. Complete the first chapter until you reach Winter chapter and you see it autosaving. (It only saves at the start of chapters in Iron Mode, and the save from the start of Moscow doesn't work).

5. Quit to main menu.

6. Select Slot 1 (original complete game), and choose Finale save.

7. Once it's loaded and the cinematic starts to play, hit the PS button and kill the game.

8. Start the game again. load Slot 2 NG+ Winter save, hold square to start, and then exit to Main Menu.

9. Go to Chapters, select Finale, watch cinematic, when the credits roll your trophies will pop.

Thanks man, working on PS5 edition, just checked!

On 2021-04-19 at 2:48 AM, xXDer_KritikerXx said:

Also for the NG+ and Iron Mode?Or only for the main game?

The glitch does not work for NG+ or Iron Mode (as mentioned by the OP) since the glitch switches the game type back to NG when you use it on the NG+ save (I tested it), removing the NG+ status from the save slot. As a result, you aren’t finishing a NG+ Iron Mode game even though that’s what the slot status was prior to using the glitch. Not a big deal since you have to play NG+ anyway to get the three new collectibles added to the mode, and Iron Mode isn’t that difficult on Reader difficulty as long as you don’t die to stupid game mechanics or glitches. As OP mentioned, the person who said it works for NG+ and Iron Mode must have gotten confused about which trophies were expected to pop because there’s no way it would ever work given how the save file gets changed back to a NG save by the glitch.

Edited by Swotam

Thank you for the glitch. I just want to ask about the third point (Play the first level until the watchman jumps out at you, then you kill another watchman and it triggers the autosave). Is that about two watchmen from the communication room or I can encounter them earlier? Is it at the beginning or at the end of the very first chapter?

Edited by xsedavlasx

1 hour ago, xsedavlasx said:

Thank you for the glitch. I just want to ask about the third point (Play the first level until the watchman jumps out at you, then you kill another watchman and it triggers the autosave). Is that about two watchmen from the communication room or I can encounter them earlier? Is it at the beginning or at the end of the very first chapter?

It’s shortly after the start of the chapter. Artyom will be attacked by one watchman which he kills in cutscene, then immediately afterwards there is another watchman you have to shoot. If you look at the lower left of the screen you’ll see if auto-save when the second one is killed.

• Like 1