Ranger Hardcore + Iron Mode glitch (latest patch - no uninstalling necessary!)

Delameko

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 14/10/2021 at 11:21 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Great, thanks for confirming this. I can’t wait to start this one, it looks amazing!

Edit: Yep, it works perfectly on digital PS4 version as well.

Thanks very much OP for posting this, you just saved me a huge chunk of time. As great as this game was, I don’t really feel like playing through the whole thing 3 times in a row. 2 playthroughs is enough for me. 

Hey, just to confirm: did you play on the PS4 or do you mean the PS4 version but playing on the PS5?

Edited by GanseySargent

• 3 weeks later...

This is good to hear. Will be playing on PS4 but I remember unpatched this game was a bit broken on release (Though I do own the disc version). Good to see you can play it fixed and and still use the exploit.

So just so I am clear on the steps....

1: Play the game patched and go for the good ending and all collectables and things (reader difficulty of above). 

2: Use the exploit to avoid having to do a ranger hardcore playthrough and aim for bad ending.

3: Play NG+ to completion with ironman switched on as well as going for the three toys trophy on reader difficulty. 

Is that correct? 

Edited by DanteIshimura
  • Like 2

On 10.2.2023 at 9:19 AM, DanteIshimura said:

This is good to hear. Will be playing on PS4 but I remember unpatched this game was a bit broken on release (Though I do own the disc version). Good to see you can play it fixed and and still use the exploit.

So just so I am clear on the steps....

1: Play the game patched and go for the good ending and all collectables and things (reader difficulty of above). 

2: Use the exploit to avoid having to do a ranger hardcore playthrough and aim for bad ending.

3: Play NG+ to completion with ironman switched on as well as going for the three toys trophy on reader difficulty. 

Is that correct? 

Thats exactly how you should go for the platinum and 100%. 

• Like 2

On 2/16/2023 at 9:30 AM, OBSTINATIO said:

Thats exactly how you should go for the platinum and 100%. 

Yeah I managed to get it done. Thank you. 

I have to be honest, in hindsight I would probably rather take on ranger hardcore than ever have to do the iron run again. I got to Caspian end boss fine and then the heavy gunner wrecked me through cover. Lost 2 hours. 2nd attempt got to the same place and this time the heavy gunner glitched at the doors he walks through, but then teleported behind my cover and got stuck. Played in my favour. Got to the end fight of Taiga and as I threw a grenade, the bear was always running at me so the explosion hit me as well and killed me. Another 1hr 40minutes lost. The last part of the Dead City final section is nerve wrecking when using stealth but got it done no issues. I was more concerned about the quick time event because in previous plays I had actually died on those parts even when choosing the hold button option. 

Then in the Two Colonels dlc, I once again had issues against the huge worm and could not get the hold button qte to work, went to options and also noticed you can have mash, hold or press. Chose press and got by no issues. 

Just Sam's story to do. Playing on PS4 Pro, but hoping to avoid those horrible glitches that gamers have been getting on certain trophies. 

edit

All done and thankfully none of the expansion trophies bugged on me. Is it just the new gen consoles that are having trophy problems?

Edited by DanteIshimura

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, Delameko said:

Thanks to @Ric and @MohameDina9192 I just updated the main post with a glitch for NG+ and Iron Mode.

Thanks for the mention.

It's quite the convoluted process, but still better than trying to iron mode this buggy mess :)

Loved the game, but the bugs/freezes are pretty infuriating, especially if you try iron mode legit.

9 hours ago, Ric said:

Thanks for the mention.

It's quite the convoluted process, but still better than trying to iron mode this buggy mess :)

Loved the game, but the bugs/freezes are pretty infuriating, especially if you try iron mode legit.

You're welcome.  I just came back to get the PS5 trophies, I'd forgot how annoying Iron Mode was.  I had no issues playing through normally, only died to a fall and getting set on fire trying to run past an enemy.  But on Iron Mode, on the first chapter, I managed to fall through the terrain while crawling through a gap and get stuck behind a drain pipe unable to escape.

I'd spent several hours trying to get those comments on TrueAchievements to work, with no luck.  So just glad for yours and Mohame's comments to finally piece it together.

5 hours ago, MohameDina9192 said:

Thanks for the mention bro, it really was troublesome trying to figure the exact steps to do the glitch. But am glad it turns out it works fine 

You're welcome.  I think the missing link was perhaps the creating a NG+ over the existing NG+, but then why they pop while playing the regular save I have no idea ?.  I spent several hours trying to get them to work before I read yours and Ric's comments, it doesn't make sense, but at this point I'll just take the win.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the updates.  I was able to get Eternal Voyage (bad ending), Hardcore (Ranger Hardcore mode), Iron Mode (NG+ Iron Mode) and Mutation (NG+ with any modification), on both PS4 digital and PS5 digital.

I just need to figure out how to enable chapter select on NG+ to get the Toy Seller trophy (find 3 toys in New Game+ mode).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Both glitches still work on PS5 (and they'll probably always will at this point), though the New Game+/Iron Mode seems very fiddly. In my case, step 6 would result in loading the Moscow level instead of Finale. After doing a couple of tests, seems to me that the latest auto save on the first slot went nuts, so I fixed it by reverting to my original save and starting Finale several times so I had more than one auto save for it. Repeated all the process and on step 6 chose another auto save instead of the latest one and then it worked fine. Hope this can help someone else having trouble using the glitch.

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2023 at 2:16 PM, FlatwellSequoia said:

Thanks for the updates.  I was able to get Eternal Voyage (bad ending), Hardcore (Ranger Hardcore mode), Iron Mode (NG+ Iron Mode) and Mutation (NG+ with any modification), on both PS4 digital and PS5 digital.

I just need to figure out how to enable chapter select on NG+ to get the Toy Seller trophy (find 3 toys in New Game+ mode).

Did you ever figure it out? It's the last trophy that I need, but I don't want to play all the way up untill the taiga level