El Hijo trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

Yep, the hardest one is probably completing every level without being caught.  But if I can plat Dishonored 1+2, I think I can handle this one :)

Don't know what inspiring all children entails, but it's probably pretty straightforward (I hope).

Playstation's channel advertised it as a non-violent stealth game, so it can't be too bad.  Until they resurrect the Thief series properly, this will have to do.

On 26-3-2021 at 5:49 AM, Timmah200 said:

Don't know what inspiring all children entails, but it's probably pretty straightforward (I hope).

It simply comes down to discovering all children in every level.

Fun little stealth game though! Passing every level without being seen (not required for the platinum) can be quite challenging. 

17 hours ago, nkmslr said:

It simply comes down to discovering all children in every level.

Fun little stealth game though! Passing every level without being seen (not required for the platinum) can be quite challenging. 

Nice, thank you!  Is there a way to track which children you've discovered?

Also, there is a trophy for completing every level without getting caught...I'm guessing this isn't the same as not being seen?

16 hours ago, Timmah200 said:

Nice, thank you!  Is there a way to track which children you've discovered?

Yeah, you can track them via the level selection menu. It’s pretty straightforward.

16 hours ago, Timmah200 said:

Also, there is a trophy for completing every level without getting caught...I'm guessing this isn't the same as not being seen?

True. Not getting caught is easier to achieve as you can run away to find cover again. I’m just trying to complete levels without being seen to make things a bit more interesting, haha.

5 hours ago, nkmslr said:

Yeah, you can track them via the level selection menu. It’s pretty straightforward.

True. Not getting caught is easier to achieve as you can run away to find cover again. I’m just trying to complete levels without being seen to make things a bit more interesting, haha.

Thank you very much!  I'm looking forward to trying this.

• 2 years later...
On 12/2/2023 at 10:22 PM, cloudstrife2812 said:

Hi everyone.  

I have one question about this trophy.  in my playthrough, if I fail on level 3 for example.  can I play again after end game and get the trophy ?? or this trophy is in one playthrough only?

If you mean the 'Eel Hijo' trophy then yes, it's possible to replay a level afterwards.

Quite enjoyable in the end. Has the nice balance of easygoing and 'toughness' (added with the not getting caught trophy). Was trying to do both children and stealth trophies on the same run for the first 10 levels or so and made it harder than it should. Easily focus first on the children, makes a good way to check the main route and working strategies. Would usually play 2/3 levels at a time, and then on repeat for stealth (while levels are fresh) and usually would just speedrun it.

Level 29 was a bit so so with the RNG but took about 5/6 times.

I'd recommend it for anyone, it can be done in the 10 missing days till it's off the catalogue.  

Yeah it doesn't look like a lengthy game to platinum so the 9 days left before this leaves PS Extra is more than enough time.

One important tip, make sure to use the cloud to periodically backup your save. It doesn't happen often but this game can crash on you. Since this game has no manual saving (only autosave) and has just one save slot, you'll have to start fresh if your save gets corrupted that way. Unluckily that happened to me while I was at level 16. Fortunately, I still remembered most of the tactics I had to use on the earlier levels so it didn't take too long to catch up.