How does the friend pass work?

abhinandhan22

Can someone break down how the friend pass for this game works? I'm thinking of picking a physical copy and playing with a friend but then selling the game afterwards so that we can split the game among us fairly. I want to know if the friend pass is a one time use given in the box making it not possible to sell 2nd hand or is it just a feature within the game menu itself.

It's not a one time thing. Your friend will download "Friend's Pass" version of the game that only allows to connect to another player who owns the license. You can use it as many times as you want. Second hand copy will work fine.

zFhFzfR.png

• Like 4

Just now, HusKy said:

It's not a one time thing. Your friend will download "Friend's Pass" version of the game that only allows to connect to another player who owns the license. You can use it as many times as you want. Second hand copy will work fine.

zFhFzfR.png

Thanks so much. Makes things easy

Playing A Way Out through free demo similar to friend pass did not unlock trophies for the person who did not purchase the game. However, when playing in couch co-op on one console and with two people signed in, it unlocked trophies for both players. I wonder if it works the same with this game.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2021 at 3:28 AM, Kanashimi said:

I'm playing with a friend now and only I, who has the game, can get trophies. Not sure if glitched or not.

Are you on ps5? Was hoping Sony would have fixed this issue by now. Has never been a problem on Xbox.

4 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

No... You have to purchase the game. Free pass blocks out trophies for a heads up on this.

Is it just free pass, or Sony’s usual “only player 1 gets trophies issue”?

Edited by thefourfoldroot

58 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Intentional.

If playing with another person that owns the game, both players unlock trophies.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Are you on ps5? Was hoping Sony would have fixed this issue by now. Has never been a problem on Xbox.

We're both on PlayStation 5. I own the physical game, friend is on game pass. I'm the only one getting trophies, thankfully he doesn't care since we're enjoying the experience so much.

• Like 1