How to get past the game crashes at the end of episode 19 and 20

The game crashed a few more times for me, but booting it up and loading the game was enough in those instances. These crashes, however, just kept occurring over and over until I changed my play through as described.

The game tells a pretty good story, which I enjoyed and the game play works well enough.
Have fun :).

• 1 year later...

Damn, thank you so much. Run also into the bug at chapter 20, good that I've head a manual save shortly before.

Edit: Oh oh, I still have the problem even without talking to Alfred. I'm ignoring him and the crash still appears..

Edited by I3arbiQ

Alright, found out something in chapter 20. Additionally to the fact you may not speak to Alfred you also aren't allowed to make a safegame during the tracking down with for Remigius. Making a safegame anytime in the birdview map is also causing a crash at the end!

On 03/07/2022 at 0:58 AM, I3arbiQ said:

Damn, thank you so much. Run also into the bug at chapter 20, good that I've head a manual save shortly before.

Edit: Oh oh, I still have the problem even without talking to Alfred. I'm ignoring him and the crash still appears..

On 03/07/2022 at 1:32 AM, I3arbiQ said:

Alright, found out something in chapter 20. Additionally to the fact you may not speak to Alfred you also aren't allowed to make a safegame during the tracking down with for Remigius. Making a safegame anytime in the birdview map is also causing a crash at the end!

Real glad my post helped and that you're adding to the pool of knowledge.
Congrats on clearing the game eventually!

• 1 month later...

Never experienced the game crashing at the story chapters like everyone before me wrote, but played this game some time ago on PS5 and experienced some crashes at the beginning of the game.

Found the culprit fast:

- Initially I selected German for voice and subtitles.

- After some crashes I changed only the subtitles to English and had no crashes of this game anymore.

Also I used the guide, which was suggested here: 

• 1 year later...