de_digibeet

How to get past the game crashes at the end of episode 19 and 20

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well, I found the solution before I posted my problem. I'm still posting this in case others encounter this problem as well.

chapter 19 game breaking bug

The problem:

In chapter 19, Aliena needs to speak Walter so she can get an audience with the lady Regan. At the end of the audience with Lady Regan William barges in and attacks Aliena. If you gave the knife to Elizabeth like you were supposed to for the other trophy in the dlc, Elizabeth will kill William and then the game will always crash when trying to load the scene after William saw the devil in the fire.

The solution that worked for me:

I had a manual save at chapter 17, when Aliena was moving through the storm, just before meeting Elizabeth. This time, don't give Elizabeth the knife, then play all the way through the audience with Lady Regan normally and this time Aliena killed William with her own knife via the QTE. That did the trick.

chapter 20 game breaking bug

A bit later, in episode 20 there's a similar issue when tracking down Remigius as Jonathan: don't talk to Alfred and his daughter while on your way to Remigius in the church. If you do talk to Alfred the game will always crash after saving Remigius.

Hopefully these solutions work for others who encounter these similar issues.

Edited by de_digibeet

I’m starting this game in a few days so many thanks for posting! 

The game crashed a few more times for me, but booting it up and loading the game was enough in those instances. These crashes, however, just kept occurring over and over until I changed my play through as described.

The game tells a pretty good story, which I enjoyed and the game play works well enough.
Have fun :).

This is interesting to hear and hopefully it helps someone... I don't recall any crashes during my playthrough but I also cant recall which choices I made either. :lol: