How is Plat percentage so high?

psycho_clank314

I have almost 40 hours and I cant even get past 1275 light. I am unable to do the grandmaster nightfall strike for that trophy since you have to be at least 1325. What am I missing and how can I get better gear faster? Doing nightfall strikes aren't dropping better items anymore. I have tried to look up stuff about it online but can only find info about old seasons when the light cap was lower. 

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

You need to start doing harder activities, at that point you can only progress with "powerfull" and "Pinnacle" drops, once you hit 1300 you are only going to get better loot from pinnacle activities, also since this game came out a long time and has crossave it's very easy to have it 100% (I came from Xbox and when I signed in got every trophy)

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2021 at 2:47 PM, psycho_clank314 said:

I have almost 40 hours and I cant even get past 1275 light. I am unable to do the grandmaster nightfall strike for that trophy since you have to be at least 1325. What am I missing and how can I get better gear faster? Doing nightfall strikes aren't dropping better items anymore. I have tried to look up stuff about it online but can only find info about old seasons when the light cap was lower. 

Thx

You need to get powerful gear, which drops until 1310. You can get powerful gear from weeklies like Gambit, crucible, strikes, nightfalls, the raids and dungeons. After that, you need to get pinnacles, to get to 1320 armor which requires pinnacle, which you can get from Vault of Glass, Crucible, Gambit, strikes, and nightfall weeklies. You can also get some pinnacles from hardcore grinding crucible valor ranks. The other way to gain levels is having the artifact, and then just constantly grind bounties and doing weekly challenges for the season. You can gain levels even higher than the possible 1320 armor/weapon level that way.

On 26/03/2021 at 8:47 PM, psycho_clank314 said:

I am unable to do the grandmaster nightfall strike for that trophy since you have to be at least 1325.

If I'm not mistaken, we must be at least 1335 during this season to do the Grandmaster NF. 
1325 was for the last season.

• 3 months later...
On 26/03/2021 at 7:47 PM, psycho_clank314 said:

Thx

I know im a little late but theres a soft power cap where the only way you can get your level up is with pinnacle gear and prime engrams, I think (this is not fact) that if you dont have DLC the soft power cap is lowed than if you did have the DLC 

I jumped into this game really late with no DLC's or anything and it sure is a grind to be able to get the nightfall trophies done.  All i have left is the grandmaster one and I feel like i will just need to find someone to carry me through.  the whole game is complex and getting end game gear to get your level up there is really time consuming without all the DLC and season pass stuff.  so I understand why people still ask this.  I think its easy if you just get those items but those of us that don't want to pay for that just to get ahead must grind.

• Like 2

The trophies for this game have changed a couple times.  Basically the earlier you got into this game, the easier the trophies were.  Previously for the two harder nightfall trophies, you had to complete the raid on both regular and hard mode.  It required coordination between more people (six) but light level was not a problem since it had been increased several times beyond the raid requirements.  When the raid got taken out, the trophies were changed to what they are today