Some Tips and Tricks

Wheat_YT

Hello Trophy Hunters! (First to platinum in the UK) 

here are some quick tips and tricks for this plat or if you're looking to do it ☺️ (If you're looking to speedrun this game)

Tips for 1000Kills or 500kills with any of the weapons

I Agree with Ctrlolol post- if you're looking to platinum this game quickly make sure to set up a 10minute free for all match against 10bots (my preferred map was Darkside)

Tips for Peavolver or any gun which can be quite awkward to grow or respawn-

setup a bot lobby like the below video:

Tips for Gnome Thief:

Setup a free for all - on roadside against one bot -  find the Gnome and leave the game - rinse and repeat this cycle. (The gnome will never spawn in the big motel building) 

Tips for Hardcore Parkour:

If you're like me and have 5IQ make sure you use a shotgun instead of the shovel makes life so much easier! 

Hope these tips help!

Edited by Wheatlium
Error

If I can add some tips I've been playing a ton

1) For Horde mode, you do not have to do consecutive (at least as of 3/24) despite what the trophy says. You can start the game in 10 level increments so if you die on wave 15 the first time, you can start at wave 10 and you will get the 30/50 once you pass them. This will help with the final boss as he can be quite cheap and if you don't have more then one person it'll take a LONG time where you can't make many mistakes.

2) For a molotov kill to count it must be the killing blow. Either through burn damage OR direct hit from the bottle. If you hit them with the bottle it does about half life, the burning is very slow and the AI knows to mostly run away from it. Due to this, you may want to damage the enemy before throwing the molotov. So it is best to go for these kills as often as possible as it is going to be arguably the hardest to get. The Pineapple grenade is a one shot as long as it hits. Note - It can be cooked.

3) You do not need any kills with the lemon grenade or the HayK47, so you can ignore those guns. If they end up bringing back "Hay Fever" mode, it is best to ignore it as you'll always start with a HayK47 vs a shotgun.

4) Remember only certain maps have certain guns but some are more rare than others. The flamethrower, sniper, semi-auto, and LMG are on almost all levels. Rocket Launcher and Grenade launcher are next, but they are extremely easy to get kills with. The pistol is fairly common but takes 2 hits to kill on body and only comes with 6 ammo, and the bow and arrow is fairly rare but comes with 12 ammo and damage is fairly high so it shouldn't be a crazy problem. Lastly, both grenades spawn on each map some have better placement then others. I've found Roadside & Cemetery are best for farming grenade kills.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Nameless600
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

If it's ok I would like to add if anyone is finding Molotov and grenades slow I would suggest capture the pig.

I went between using both and got them a lot quicker there as the team swarms the pig and I easily get a good 40+ kills still.

I would advise putting friendly fire on so you team don't end the match too early while you are killing.

Helps with other killing trophies that may be annoying like the bow most others are easier in free for all with bots.

• Like 2