SF 4 Trials

crowizard

Hello to all,

I was just wondering to all of those platinum achievers in this game, how long it took you to clear trials from scratch? Im curious because this is by far the hardest platinum i ve attempted. It is harder for me than super meat boy and wolfenstein 2 which i platinumed relatively fast. Reason is while these 2 are no death runs that are stressful, the amount of skill doing these trials is far greater than SMB and Wolf. Even harder than mk vs dc kombo challenges which are similar version to trials. Timing in these challenges are brutally unforgiving and in lot of attempts game recognizes some other attack because inputs for attacks are so similar. And congrats to everyone who has plat, this truly needs practice and determination.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I played the game more 3000 hour is my favorite game so trial of ssf IV for me is 6-7 because I hate Honda, for a beginner I think 50-60 hours, some player have trouble with the high jump cancel of viper or the triple HP of El fuerte, SSF IV is harder than SF IV vanilla but don't worry if you like the game is a real pleasure for trial, and SF IV trial trophy is harder than King of Fighter XIII trial trophy

• Like 4

6 hours ago, crowizard said:

Thanks for the reply! I dont play it atm have some other stuff to do.

The real problem is if you don't know the tips, for high jump cancel exemple you need 236-2369 + LPMPHP during the animation for punch 

18 hours ago, Blazhead said:

Hi, I played the game more 3000 hour is my favorite game so trial of ssf IV for me is 6-7 because I hate Honda, for a beginner I think 50-60 hours, some player have trouble with the high jump cancel of viper or the triple HP of El fuerte, SSF IV is harder than SF IV vanilla but don't worry if you like the game is a real pleasure for trial, and SF IV trial trophy is harder than King of Fighter XIII trial trophy

Street Fighter is harder than KoF because you have to do all trials on Street Fighter.  That's the ONLY reason lol.  To answer OP question, I'd say it took me 30 hours for all SF4 games, but I easily put in several thousand hours in it.  I played in tournaments and the Street Fighter series is one of my favorites.

I don't believe it will take a beginner that short amount of time.  He/she will get trophies eventually, though.  Just need to practice.  Just practice.  You'll eventually get it and ask questions if you have trouble.  When I played fighting games primarily, I'd say it would take me 2.5-3 hours to complete all trials (even DLC that didn't count for trophies).  Now, it wouldn't take me maybe 6-7 hours. I've been playing fighting games since SF2 came out and have at least play in casual matches for tournament players since the late 90s.  So, naturally my 20+ years experience will factor a bit.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

Street Fighter is harder than KoF because you have to do all trials on Street Fighter.  That's the ONLY reason lol.  To answer OP question, I'd say it took me 30 hours for all SF4 games, but I easily put in several thousand hours in it.  I played in tournaments and the Street Fighter series is one of my favorites.

I don't believe it will take a beginner that short amount of time.  He/she will get trophies eventually, though.  Just need to practice.  Just practice.  You'll eventually get it and ask questions if you have trouble.  When I played fighting games primarily, I'd say it would take me 2.5-3 hours to complete all trials (even DLC that didn't count for trophies).  Now, it wouldn't take me maybe 6-7 hours. I've been playing fighting games since SF2 came out and have at least play in casual matches for tournament players since the late 90s.  So, naturally my 20+ years experience will factor a bit.

Yes if the reason why I say trial trophy lol

And both is ridiculous easy when you see Kohime trial ?

17 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

I see now, i never played SF4 before so i have difficult time. I am stuck at Ken 4th trial, that link with c.LP into c.HP is really hard not to mention perfect medium shourykening into ultra.

5 hours ago, crowizard said:

I see now, i never played SF4 before so i have difficult time. I am stuck at Ken 4th trial, that link with c.LP into c.HP is really hard not to mention perfect medium shourykening into ultra.

Little tips for fast shoryuken ( that work with all dragon move) press 2x diagonal right then HP ( if you are left and is he say H Shoryu) the game have auto correct

• 2 weeks later...

One trick I used is look for the moment a flash emits and reaches the end across your opponent's life bar when you attack them. This helps you time your 1 frame links a bit better. That being said muscle memory will get you through a bulk of your trials until the absolute misery that is C. Viper's jump cancels and El Fuerte's running cancels. E. Honda was also a pain to complete. Gen was difficult but I got the hang of his jump kicks by the time I done his trials again in Super Street Fighter IV.

On 06. 05. 2021. at 3:48 AM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

One trick I used is look for the moment a flash emits and reaches the end across your opponent's life bar when you attack them. This helps you time your 1 frame links a bit better. That being said muscle memory will get you through a bulk of your trials until the absolute misery that is C. Viper's jump cancels and El Fuerte's running cancels. E. Honda was also a pain to complete. Gen was difficult but I got the hang of his jump kicks by the time I done his trials again in Super Street Fighter IV.

Took quite a break from game but managed to complete Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, E.Honda, Blanka, im stuck on trial 5 Zangief currently

• Like 1

Thanks man! Completed Zangief, Guile and Dhalsim in last 2 days, i used pause trick on Guile 5 since on D-pad his super and ultra inputs are insane, and used on dhalsim hard trial 1 and 5 because of pure speed, i think he is the fastest linking character in terms of speed i come across. You just need to press 5, 6 buttons in about half of a second which is madness! Still biggest accomplishment was Ken 4 trial, did it completely legit without pause that was harder than anything i ve done in gaming, managed to platinum meat boy from scratch faster than doing a single trial in SF4. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, crowizard said:

Thanks man! Completed Zangief, Guile and Dhalsim in last 2 days, i used pause trick on Guile 5 since on D-pad his super and ultra inputs are insane, and used on dhalsim hard trial 1 and 5 because of pure speed, i think he is the fastest linking character in terms of speed i come across. You just need to press 5, 6 buttons in about half of a second which is madness! Still biggest accomplishment was Ken 4 trial, did it completely legit without pause that was harder than anything i ve done in gaming, managed to platinum meat boy from scratch faster than doing a single trial in SF4. 

Good persistence. I am aware of the reputation Super Meat Boy has for it's difficulty so it's interesting to hear your take on the trials for SF IV. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Good persistence. I am aware of the reputation Super Meat Boy has for it's difficulty so it's interesting to hear your take on the trials for SF IV. 

SMB like Wolfenstein 2 has far more psyhcological pressure and adrenaline than SF4. Especially Mein Leben  run in W2 which can take 3 to 4 hours. In SF4 you dont have adrenaline and pressure at all because you can do trials when you want and it doesnt have to be in a row. The thing is that skill and speed and timing is way way more precise in SF4 than in any game i ever played. I believe only a handful of games are similar to it, especially some Japanese fighting ones.

That is the only reason this game is rated 9/10 on guides, a lot of people casually play for years to get platinum. If somehow you needed to do all hard trials in one session with one character then this game would be 12/10, unless you spent 500 or more hours in game practicing moves then you wouldnt have problems.

Edited by crowizard
  • Like 1

Decided to do C.Viper s trials since she is known to be the hardest character, and oh boy she really is, stuck for days on trial #2, want to beat them without pause trick, but dont know how the hell is humanly possible on DS3 to cancel thunder knuckle into ultra motion, the first one has QCB+P , and then canceling with 2 punches, and then QCF,QCF + PPP, it is literally close to impossible or i am doing something wrong?

13 minutes ago, crowizard said:

Decided to do C.Viper s trials since she is known to be the hardest character, and oh boy she really is, stuck for days on trial #2, want to beat them without pause trick, but dont know how the hell is humanly possible on DS3 to cancel thunder knuckle into ultra motion, the first one has QCB+P , and then canceling with 2 punches, and then QCF,QCF + PPP, it is literally close to impossible or i am doing something wrong?

https://youtu.be/hL1Bhfb-m7w

Maybe this can help

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, crowizard said:

I ll try this control layout, but noticed this is SSF4, does it have same strict frame links as vanilla?

Yes it is same. You gotta be fast though. Don't think there is any Short cuts to this

Edited by Vergil

25 minutes ago, Vergil said:

https://youtu.be/hL1Bhfb-m7w

Maybe this can help

God, this brings back so many memories. It’s been almost 10 years but I still remember struggling so much with this and C Viper #3 in vanilla SF4. Ironically I remember having no problems at all doing Ibuki’s 24th in SSF4. It really is all about muscle memory. 

1 minute ago, postofficebuddy said:

God, this brings back so many memories. It’s been almost 10 years but I still remember struggling so much with this and C Viper #3 in vanilla SF4. Ironically I remember having no problems at all doing Ibuki’s 24th in SSF4. It really is all about muscle memory. 

Quite indeed, i think i ll remember doing this forever haha, completed a lot of hard games, but this one takes number 1 because im trying to do with DS3 ( no arcade, no turbo, and as less as possible pause trick ). I used pause on Guile and Dhalsim and Balrog but after learning motion curve for Guile ultra and super it isnt that much hard, still hard but not Ken, C Viper hard, im gonna still redo Balrog 4th and 5th after i complete all trials, just want to get C.Viper done, but it will take a while. This game is way way harder than MK vs DC and i believe Mk vs DC was the hardest MK to platinum. Mk 9 was just long, dont know for others but frame linking is uncomaparable to MK and Injustice

It'll take a new player months to do them, I got to 99.50% or something like, had a friend do the last c.viper, ken and el fuerte challenges for me. Idk how I even did c.viper in vanilla sf4.

Thing is, games like KOF and others with trials are much harder than SF. KoF is minute long combos full of 1 frame links and walking inbetween hits for a frame or two and tons of cancelling. Any anime game with trials is just a nightmare

1 minute ago, StanPortrBridges said:

It'll take a new player months to do them, I got to 99.50% or something like, had a friend do the last c.viper, ken and el fuerte challenges for me. Idk how I even did c.viper in vanilla sf4.

Thing is, games like KOF and others with trials are much harder than SF. KoF is minute long combos full of 1 frame links and walking inbetween hits for a frame or two and tons of cancelling. Any anime game with trials is just a nightmare

Good to know, staying away from KoF. People who can manage to link 1 frame hits are close to gods. It is incredible timing.

Passed the 2nd trial!! I remapped LP+MP+HP to be X since i am faster with it than with R1 that was shown in video. Now her 3rd one is more insane, high jump cancel into ultra, i mean capcom what the fuck? High jump takes one nanosecond and you need to put ultra motion into it to cancel it, i looked into videos of link that Vergil posted, saw it, but just cant replicate it, im asking you more experienced street fighters, how fast does that input has to be? Extremelly fast?