SF 4 Trials

crowizard

48 minutes ago, crowizard said:

Passed the 2nd trial!! I remapped LP+MP+HP to be X since i am faster with it than with R1 that was shown in video. Now her 3rd one is more insane, high jump cancel into ultra, i mean capcom what the fuck? High jump takes one nanosecond and you need to put ultra motion into it to cancel it, i looked into videos of link that Vergil posted, saw it, but just cant replicate it, im asking you more experienced street fighters, how fast does that input has to be? Extremelly fast? 

Try to do it with analog stick on 2p Side. After s.Lk go quick down Lp then continue to buffer the ultra with that last part being qcfu ( quarter, circle, forward, Up) its little hard to pull it since down and LP needs to be hit basically same time. So you kinda ruling out the down, LP since you will be doing qcf ( down, down, forward , forward Lp) 

If that makes sense

I personally did it like this . 

Edited by Vergil

9 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Try to do it with analog stick on 2p Side. After s.Lk go quick down Lp then continue to buffer the ultra with that last part being qcfu ( quarter, circle, forward, Up) its little hard to pull it since down and LP needs to be hit basically same time. So you kinda ruling out the down, LP since you will be doing qcf ( down, down, forward , forward Lp) 

If that makes since

I personally did it like this . 

Hmm i personally prefer d-pad over analog, kinda used to it, i was wondering if i could do down, punch + forward, down, forward, up + triple punch button, but that part after punch has to be done extremelly fast because she does super jump momentarly. I managed to come out with Ultra after c.LP  but dont know if i do HCJ in between because im doing only that part of combo, from c.LP not doing it from beginning so cant see red moves i did correctly. When i try to do it from beginning, my brain completely gets puzzled because it gets used to that speed that im doing it from c.LP. This trial will be true test of patience and platinum breaker i think.

1 minute ago, crowizard said:

Hmm i personally prefer d-pad over analog, kinda used to it, i was wondering if i could do down, punch + forward, down, forward, up + triple punch button, but that part after punch has to be done extremelly fast because she does super jump momentarly. I managed to come out with Ultra after c.LP  but dont know if i do HCJ in between because im doing only that part of combo, from c.LP not doing it from beginning so cant see red moves i did correctly. When i try to do it from beginning, my brain completely gets puzzled because it gets used to that speed that im doing it from c.LP. This trial will be true test of patience and platinum breaker i think.

Yeah. Just try and squeeze in the LP when doing down, down/forward , forward

This is trial 22 on SSF4 .it works same way. 

17 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Yeah. Just try and squeeze in the LP when doing down, down/forward , forward

This is trial 22 on SSF4 .it works same way. 

Great video, you make it look so easy but its insane, how many hours and experience from previous SF games you have?

7 hours ago, crowizard said:

Great video, you make it look so easy but its insane, how many hours and experience from previous SF games you have?

Not that much really. While ive played the old ones. SFIV is different with FADC and 1 fram links. Also doing some trials and being actually good is 2 different things. I believe many can do these trials its just many don't wanna put the time in. Im personally just stubbern and don't give up easily lol. My total playtime on SSF4 is 170 hours

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vergil said:

Not that much really. While ive played the old ones. SFIV is different with FADC and 1 fram links. Also doing some trials and being actually good is 2 different things. I believe many can do these trials its just many don't wanna put the time in. Im personally just stubbern and don't give up easily lol. My total playtime on SSF4 is 170 hours

Agree with you, these trials havent improved my fighting skills at all, it just improved my patience to a new level. A fair amount of them arent even manageable in real fight since it is best to corner oponnent, or some require unbeliavable speed that is impossible to pull of during real fight. I ve never played before a fighting game that has so strict linking frames. Mortal Kombat and Tekken are childs play in terms of executions compared to this game.

17 hours ago, crowizard said:

Decided to do C.Viper s trials since she is known to be the hardest character, and oh boy she really is, stuck for days on trial #2, want to beat them without pause trick, but dont know how the hell is humanly possible on DS3 to cancel thunder knuckle into ultra motion, the first one has QCB+P , and then canceling with 2 punches, and then QCF,QCF + PPP, it is literally close to impossible or i am doing something wrong?

There are some really good text guides out there that may help you. Also, try searching for videos with auditory cues. I find stuff like that very helpful. I'd also watch videos in very slow motion. With that being said, these trials are definitely doable with a DS3. That's exactly how I did them, without any pause tricks, and I stuck to mainly using the left stick and tinkering with the button mapping. Just keep at it, and you'll surely get it done. Remember to take breaks, so you don't get burned out. Relying too heavily on pure muscle memory when your brain is fried won't get you very far. ?

• Like 1

In my opinion only viper, fuerte and Honda are really hard, the last of Ken too

Because each need hard mechanic, for Honda link a thousand hand after a kick input without turbo contrôler or arcade stuck can be hard you need to buff the punch input very faste in the animation of the kick. 

Maybe the easiest character is bison I think or gouken 

I just start Persona 4 arena and some people say trial of sf IV is harder to p4, for some people the top 3 of harder trial ( trophy trial online so only the 200 of kof XIII ahah) is 

1st Kohime embou 

2nd Super street Fighter IV 

3th Ultimate marvel VS Capcom 3 

I can trust that so yes street fighter IV trial is hard the reason of this is easy for me is because I play more 2000 hour in ssf IV so now have little or big trouble for other trial game I can complete sf4 trial faster than sf5 lol 

Don't worry you can got hit and you don't need use arcade stick, I use ds3 or ds4 because I never really take a time for train arcade stick 

1 hour ago, Blazhead said:

In my opinion only viper, fuerte and Honda are really hard, the last of Ken too

Because each need hard mechanic, for Honda link a thousand hand after a kick input without turbo contrôler or arcade stuck can be hard you need to buff the punch input very faste in the animation of the kick. 

Maybe the easiest character is bison I think or gouken 

I just start Persona 4 arena and some people say trial of sf IV is harder to p4, for some people the top 3 of harder trial ( trophy trial online so only the 200 of kof XIII ahah) is 

1st Kohime embou 

2nd Super street Fighter IV 

3th Ultimate marvel VS Capcom 3 

I can trust that so yes street fighter IV trial is hard the reason of this is easy for me is because I play more 2000 hour in ssf IV so now have little or big trouble for other trial game I can complete sf4 trial faster than sf5 lol 

Don't worry you can got hit and you don't need use arcade stick, I use ds3 or ds4 because I never really take a time for train arcade stick 

Yes, Viper is bane of my existence, for Ken 4th trial (1 fram link punch followed by FADC followed  by perfect medium shouryken into perfect timed ultra) i practiced 3 weeks, and put around 20+ hours alone in that trial, his 5th trial was very very hard, at first impossible but once i got managed to do Air hurricane kick as soon as Ken jumps, rest of combo  wast very hard. E Honda was very hard because of that hundred slap kick and timimg punches, wanted to hundred slap whole Capcom because of that ?. But not as close as Ken. 

As for C. Viper that is another galaxy, and requires a book of studying her trials and timings, but seeing you have 2000 hours into these games i understand why they are easy for you. Crypt of the Necrodancer would be easy if you put 2000 hours into it and that is hardest game. For me as a newcomer  i never had experience with SF, KoF, UMvC, this will be the hardest and proudest plat once it is done. 

After i pass all trials, i ll write here character by character and where i struggled most, so it may be helpful to other newcomers who want to nail this without turbos or anything. 

• Like 1

C.Viper Hard 3? I follow this text guide:

Basically what you're supposed to do is after tapping s.LK you have to
	do this part quite quickly and that is you have to do a QCF and right
	when you hit Down for the QCF tap LP at the same time, follow through
	to UF instead of just F so that High Jump should light up in red and
	then quickly do QCF + PPP in one extremely quick motion. You cannot
	hold Down at anytime during this combo if you want to be able to pull
	it off.

I did it!!!!! Mashed that last qcf+PPP like a maniac for hundred times and when the SUCCESS came onto my screen, i was kinda shocked because at most time i would fail to do ultra, or i do ultra but no HJC. Dont know how i still have patience for her because i ll remember her trials forever. Trial 4 took no longer than one hour, the problem was burning kick and i realised i was better with it using an analog, i would do motion from D to UF quickly and thunder knuckle wasnt hard to connect after it, but then i got to trial 5 and when you think: cant be harder than #3 i felt like i got slapped in face. Two f*cking cancels, except this time there is no HJC into ultra which is easier at first but still this is the hardest combo i faced in the entire game (for now). First need to learn how to connect two punches after cancel, i know it has to be heavy thunder knuckle cancel but frame for cancelling into c.HP is veeeery small. The rest of combo is similar to #4 except there is one crazy thing added and that is ultra motion after burning kick. Man what a sadistic combo. Meanwhile i managed to get to Abel hard trial 5, and that one is also out of my range in terms of linking. There is so much ultra hard characters in this game that i could write a book about it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

At fu*king last!! After taking breaks here and there just to cool of my head i managed to nail all C Viper hard trials! The muscle memory and speed is astonishing. I would get to the ultra few times and of course you need to time it perfectly after all that suffering and would end up not connecting. She was definitely the hardest character. Suprisingly after her i went on Abel hard 5 trial and passed that one as well in next hour, i dont know if that punches are 1 frame links but i couldnt for the life of me get that punches, Dan ALWAYS block that punches, and you have to do it twice in same combo, timing is insane even after 200 hours into game but after many trial and error i passed it. Im getting there closely, the real problem now is Gen. Maybe top 3 hardest. You need to get lucky to link his Super after one hundred slap combo and medium punch, not to mention you have to get all 7 kicks of Gekiro which takes tapping from slow to very very fast. Ridicolusly hard just as C Viper. This game always suprises me how many characters have extremelly hard trials. No character is easy, maybe M.Bison was easiest and Ryu. 

Fighters are not definitely my type, but with persistence im getting there. Platformers are my type of thing that i complete relatively fast, i could plat SMB, and pass VVVVVV before getting HARD trials done in fuckin SF4. Unbeliavable!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

See!!!!  Just be dedicated and don't stress out.  Just practice.  Now, hurry up and do SSF4!

Haha i take a break a few days for now from game, have to do some college stuff. I hope that Capcom wont shut off their servers so one day i start SSF4. I think i ll beat it slighlty faster since it has a lot of same trials from vanilla, so im going with some experience, but that is as we say for another day, but thanks on motivation and tips for trials, really appreciate that. Two and a half months were very fast, i thught i would be clocked at least 3, 4 months since i had no prior experience in SF games. Closest to trials were kombo challenges from MK vs DC but they were much more easier and forgivable.

7 minutes ago, crowizard said:

Haha i take a break a few days for now from game, have to do some college stuff. I hope that Capcom wont shut off their servers so one day i start SSF4. I think i ll beat it slighlty faster since it has a lot of same trials from vanilla, so im going with some experience, but that is as we say for another day, but thanks on motivation and tips for trials, really appreciate that. Two and a half months were very fast, i thught i would be clocked at least 3, 4 months since i had no prior experience in SF games. Closest to trials were kombo challenges from MK vs DC but they were much more easier and forgivable.

Nicely done. Don't worry. Will take time before SF4 servers are down

• Like 1

Sorting characters: 

Ryu: Took 2 days to beat him, once i got hang of focus cancelling and dashing into ultra it wasnt that hard. He was my first character

Ken: Everything was fine until 4th trial. That one gave me nightmares for 3 weeks and i was only on beginning of trials. It was just really need to get that feel of DF DF shortcut shourykening and practice a lot that medium shouryken that is the key point, if you execute it at perfect moment so Dan doesnt fly near you, he needs to be as high as possible, and then do ultra in one really quick motion. Also practicing that light punch into heavy. His 5th trial was hard as hell but once i got hang of air tatsuki and i couldnt do it fast with directionals had to do that with analog, rest of ultra should be easy because tatsuki lasts enough to make ultra motion

Chun-Li: She was really hard for me because she was my first charged character, so brain had to adopt on something whole new, her 5th trial was more long and tedious than hard, but if i recall correctly i struggled on her normal trials as well. All in all once you get used to charging it becomes less hard.

E Honda: I will remember him for hundred slap combos, just hate you Capcom just hate you i would try mashing buttons just to connect it to that combo because i wasnt aware how many times needed to press for it to start. Not to mention there is punch before and after that.

Blanka: Also charged character but dont recall something especially hard about him.

Zangief: Key to his trials was finding time frames for links, not too hard.

Guille: First character i used pause trick on because i couldnt get that ultra motion using directionals, just too many fuc*ing buttons. Later i learned how to do it with analog so i redo them.

Dhalsim: People say he is easy, for me he was hard because had some movement with HCB motion, which for some unknown reason i had terrible time learning it, used also pause on his trial but once learnt did it without much effort.

Balrog: His 4th and 5th trial i had to seperate into 3 portions. It isnt difficulty or extraordinary speed about his trials, but that goddamn long punches and charges were annoying as hell.

Vega: I think i had problem with 1 his link trial, it was difficult to get hang on it but overall one of easier characters.

Sagat: If i remember his 3rd or 4th trial gave me some problems because of focus canceling and that high kick thing.

M.Bison: Easiest character, took me 15 minutes to clear all of his trials, just get hang of links.

C.Viper: I dream about her, that is how long she kept me pushing to my limits. She was the character that almost made me buy turbo controller and quit trying, i would always do some other characters and come back, then again do others and constantly coming back to cool of my head. Her cancels are something that i still havent learnt how to do it properly, It was in the end all jsut mashing buttons on that 3rd trial until HJC and ultra connect. On her 5th trial the beginning was the hardest for me, that cancel and very last part ultra after doing QCB motion, that was just ridiculous because you have to time also that ultra to hit Dan.

Rufus: Dont remember nothing too hard. He had some speific moves but not that hard.

El Fuerte: His 4th trial required some insane speed, but after practicing just the last part connect it with the beginning. His 5th trial, at first i thought that someone was making fun of me. Three heavy punches, i thought i would nail that easy until i realised they are cancels. Again F* you Capcom it took me quite a time to get a hang of it, but to be honest, i think i could do that quite often once you get that feel of QCF+P followed by light punch. If you can make it 2 times in a row, you can definitely make it three times, although i would almost always end up doing grab.

Abel: In general he didnt have hard trials, especially his 5th. That one I honestly dont know how i managed to do it. He got me stuck on that last almost as C.VIper. Still didnt learned timing for those two heavy punches, it was honestly just trial and error, over and over and over and over again until SUCCESS.

Sakura: Was one of the easier characters nothing too hard.

Dan: Same as Sakura nothing especially hard

Rose: People say she is easy, i had trouble with her 4th trial because i had difficult time doing that HCB soul spark move twice in same combo. So she was hard for me. For some reason dont have problem with QCF and QCB but HCB is really hard for me.

Gen: Oh boy, his style changing drove me nuts, his hard trials 1 to 4 would not be that hard if i remembered every time to change style during trial. His 5th one was pure luck getting that Super after hundred slap, i just couldnt get it properly it was mashing buttons in the end, practiced gekiro seperately so when that 1% of managing canceling into super comes i would be ready, still it took me few tries when i would get to gekiro. I would start TAP-----TAP---TAP--TAP-TAP-TAP-TAP. Something like that you need to feel it.

Cammy: Her 5th trial was really hard, really really hard because of changing dashing direction from forward ( first FADC) to backward ( second FADC ) into ultra. You must start typing ultra motion as soon as she stars rolling backwards otherwise it is miss.

Fei Long: His 4th trial was hard because of that silly movement for his first and last move. 

Akuma: He had relatively easy trials. One of easier characters.

Gouken: His 4th trial was really hard because of pure speed of cancelling that hurricane into ultra. Others were uncomparable easy to that one.

Seth: His 5th trial was a bit hard, because you have to focus attack level 2 two times in a row. Other than that easy character.

That is all from me :).

5 minutes ago, crowizard said:

Sorting characters: 

Ryu: Took 2 days to beat him, once i got hang of focus cancelling and dashing into ultra it wasnt that hard. He was my first character

Ken: Everything was fine until 4th trial. That one gave me nightmares for 3 weeks and i was only on beginning of trials. It was just really need to get that feel of DF DF shortcut shourykening and practice a lot that medium shouryken that is the key point, if you execute it at perfect moment so Dan doesnt fly near you, he needs to be as high as possible, and then do ultra in one really quick motion. Also practicing that light punch into heavy. His 5th trial was hard as hell but once i got hang of air tatsuki and i couldnt do it fast with directionals had to do that with analog, rest of ultra should be easy because tatsuki lasts enough to make ultra motion

Chun-Li: She was really hard for me because she was my first charged character, so brain had to adopt on something whole new, her 5th trial was more long and tedious than hard, but if i recall correctly i struggled on her normal trials as well. All in all once you get used to charging it becomes less hard.

E Honda: I will remember him for hundred slap combos, just hate you Capcom just hate you i would try mashing buttons just to connect it to that combo because i wasnt aware how many times needed to press for it to start. Not to mention there is punch before and after that.

Blanka: Also charged character but dont recall something especially hard about him.

Zangief: Key to his trials was finding time frames for links, not too hard.

Guille: First character i used pause trick on because i couldnt get that ultra motion using directionals, just too many fuc*ing buttons. Later i learned how to do it with analog so i redo them.

Dhalsim: People say he is easy, for me he was hard because had some movement with HCB motion, which for some unknown reason i had terrible time learning it, used also pause on his trial but once learnt did it without much effort.

Balrog: His 4th and 5th trial i had to seperate into 3 portions. It isnt difficulty or extraordinary speed about his trials, but that goddamn long punches and charges were annoying as hell.

Vega: I think i had problem with 1 his link trial, it was difficult to get hang on it but overall one of easier characters.

Sagat: If i remember his 3rd or 4th trial gave me some problems because of focus canceling and that high kick thing.

M.Bison: Easiest character, took me 15 minutes to clear all of his trials, just get hang of links.

C.Viper: I dream about her, that is how long she kept me pushing to my limits. She was the character that almost made me buy turbo controller and quit trying, i would always do some other characters and come back, then again do others and constantly coming back to cool of my head. Her cancels are something that i still havent learnt how to do it properly, It was in the end all jsut mashing buttons on that 3rd trial until HJC and ultra connect. On her 5th trial the beginning was the hardest for me, that cancel and very last part ultra after doing QCB motion, that was just ridiculous because you have to time also that ultra to hit Dan.

Rufus: Dont remember nothing too hard. He had some speific moves but not that hard.

El Fuerte: His 4th trial required some insane speed, but after practicing just the last part connect it with the beginning. His 5th trial, at first i thought that someone was making fun of me. Three heavy punches, i thought i would nail that easy until i realised they are cancels. Again F* you Capcom it took me quite a time to get a hang of it, but to be honest, i think i could do that quite often once you get that feel of QCF+P followed by light punch. If you can make it 2 times in a row, you can definitely make it three times, although i would almost always end up doing grab.

Abel: In general he didnt have hard trials, except his 5th. That one I honestly dont know how i managed to do it. He got me stuck on that last almost as C.VIper. Still didnt learned timing for those two heavy punches, it was honestly just trial and error, over and over and over and over again until SUCCESS.

Sakura: Was one of the easier characters nothing too hard.

Dan: Same as Sakura nothing especially hard

Rose: People say she is easy, i had trouble with her 4th trial because i had difficult time doing that HCB soul spark move twice in same combo. So she was hard for me. For some reason dont have problem with QCF and QCB but HCB is really hard for me.

Gen: Oh boy, his style changing drove me nuts, his hard trials 1 to 4 would not be that hard if i remembered every time to change style during trial. His 5th one was pure luck getting that Super after hundred slap, i just couldnt get it properly it was mashing buttons in the end, practiced gekiro seperately so when that 1% of managing canceling into super comes i would be ready, still it took me few tries when i would get to gekiro. I would start TAP-----TAP---TAP--TAP-TAP-TAP-TAP. Something like that you need to feel it.

Cammy: Her 5th trial was really hard, really really hard because of changing dashing direction from forward ( first FADC) to backward ( second FADC ) into ultra. You must start typing ultra motion as soon as she stars rolling backwards otherwise it is miss.

Fei Long: His 4th trial was hard because of that silly movement for his first and last move. 

Akuma: He had relatively easy trials. One of easier characters.

Gouken: His 4th trial was really hard because of pure speed of cancelling that hurricane into ultra. Others were uncomparable easy to that one.

Seth: His 5th trial was a bit hard, because you have to focus attack level 2 two times in a row. Other than that easy character.

That is all from me :).

Edited by crowizard
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
11 hours ago, Spookyentertainm said:

So I was looking up requirements icons/titles can anyone clarify what's it mean to block titles ? I understand rest but I'm not sure what this means 

Have you found another site besides this one? Wondering the same.

https://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/feb/28/how-to-unlock-titles-icons-street-fighter-4/

Edited by Gommes_

On 06. 01. 2022. at 7:19 AM, Spookyentertainm said:

So I was looking up requirements icons/titles can anyone clarify what's it mean to block titles ? I understand rest but I'm not sure what this means 

I think that block titles are earned when boosting online wins. See if they are in online section of titles.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, I am halfway done with the hard trials. While the majority was really challenging I could mostly see some sort of progression or even a learning curve. This is not the case for El Fuerte. His combos where you have to connect two 1 frame links are just idiotic. A combo which requires the timing of two normals to be within 1/60 of a second two times in a row is absolutely lunatic!

After I completed his hard trail #3 I still don't know what made the game accept my combo this time. I don't recognize any visual or audio cues. "Delaying" a move as a hint also does not make any sense in my head. Delaying to what? To 2/60 of a second? Sure, I am a master of time and know exactly when that is. So, I am realy looking forward to his hard trail #4 which is even more absurd.

3 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Okay, I am halfway done with the hard trials. While the majority was really challenging I could mostly see some sort of progression or even a learning curve. This is not the case for El Fuerte. His combos where you have to connect two 1 frame links are just idiotic. A combo which requires the timing of two normals to be within 1/60 of a second two times in a row is absolutely lunatic!

After I completed his hard trail #3 I still don't know what made the game accept my combo this time. I don't recognize any visual or audio cues. "Delaying" a move as a hint also does not make any sense in my head. Delaying to what? To 2/60 of a second? Sure, I am a master of time and know exactly when that is. So, I am realy looking forward to his hard trail #4 which is even more absurd.

I can't even get his 1st one to connect ugh ....come back to it later , how many characters have u completed on hard trial? I've only finished ehonda and dhalsim at moment ....and I'm using regular controller I know half of this stuff would be easier with joystick 

Edited by Spookyentertainm

16 hours ago, Spookyentertainm said:

I can't even get his 1st one to connect ugh ....come back to it later , how many characters have u completed on hard trial? I've only finished ehonda and dhalsim at moment ....and I'm using regular controller I know half of this stuff would be easier with joystick 

I've completed 15 characters, saving the charge ones for last. Now I wanna get the really tough ones out of the way, therefore I am doing El Fuerte right now and C.Viper. No fun :) .

I don't use a stick but the Hori Fighting Commander. There is even a new one coming out (https://stores.horiusa.com/fighting-commander-octa-for-playstation-5/) .

For the first trial, the only shortcut is to buffer his super when going for his crouched medium kick, so you save one quarter circle.

13 hours ago, crowizard said:

Yes El Fuerte can be really hard. In fact his 4th trial i found haeder than 5th. You need to buffer his super or ultra while doing that move before the final move. It is easier than mashing buttons for super/ultrra motions after regular kicks

Any tip for the last trial aka connecting his hard punches?

For his last trial, everything is about feeling you develop for punches. If i remember correctly you need to do QCF+P followed by light punch. There is a gap between that and next light punch that cancels into next HP. That second LP and HP has to be pressed almost exactly at same moment. Try to squeeze LP a moment earlier. 

I would suggest to practice it 2 times in a row. When you get feel, then you can sure do it 3 times. It is all about heavy practice same thing over and over about this trial because his loops are infinite.