Worst rage quit accidents

MancRed31

• 1 year later...

I never smashed controller, because that would be stupid as hell. Only physical stuff I can do is hit a pillow or yell some swearwords on TV. 

I remember when I was playing NBA 2K with my friend and I hit game winner. He was so angry that he ran to his wife and started fucking her in front of me as his rage went off  told me to kill myself. xD 

There are things on this world that pisses me off more than videogames. And we all know what are they.

Worst I can think of is one time when I was around 11 or 12, and I got super pissed at a game I was playing on the Nintendo DS (original fat model). Don't even remember what game it was, just remember shaking the console back and forth and yelling at it, then the top screen flipped back further than it should. I immediately thought "oh shit" and stopped. It wasn't obviously damaged at the time, but I think I did mess up the ribbon cable or something somehow, as since then, it sometimes turns itself off at the slightest bump to the system, and there was this one time it kept turning itself on and off while in my drawer, hadn't even used it in months, just kept hearing a weird clicking sound, which is how I noticed.

The worst I'll do nowadays is verbally vent my frustration at games, but they have to be INSANELY annoying for me to even do that, usually. It isn't worth getting so emotionally worked up over, especially not to the point of damaging expensive games and hardware.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone's seen Lacari's reaction to discovering a certain Elden Ring boss has two phases and he starts manically laughing. Dial back the mental breakdown and creepiness back 90% and that's basically my reaction. I just laugh about it and move on, try again. Never felt the need to throw shit or punch something. 

Some dude I used to play with though (I don't anymore for reasons that'll become obvious). Seemed chill enough at first but over time the rage became pretty extreme. I tried to tolerate his outbursts and hearing him wrecking his shit, until the dude picked his cat up and hurled it against the wall, literally heard it thud over the mic. Probably hold a world record for how fast I unfriended that guy. 

A guy on this website dropped his 100% completion rate account with 500 finished games and almost 400 platinums because he accidentally started a glitched game with unobtainable trophies. Mind you, he didn't have any Mayonnaise like games on his account, nor stacks. His games were all legit without trophy bait. His rarest platinum was Super Meat Boy. 

Does this count as rage quit? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

A guy on this website dropped his 100% completion rate account with 500 finished games and almost 400 platinums because he accidentally started a glitched game with unobtainable trophies. Mind you, he didn't have any Mayonnaise like games on his account, nor stacks. His games were all legit without trophy bait. His rarest platinum was Super Meat Boy. 

Does this count as rage quit? 

Not necessarily…

… but atelophobia on such an extreme level may well count as a medical condition.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

A few months back I broke my first ever gaming controller in rage. It was more the fact I was just shit at my own frustrations for lack of learning curve inability but did indeed feel like a mighty bitch after doing it. 

I'm in my 40's too and its only gaming that puts me in bitch mode. I was a doorman/close protection worker for 21 years of my life and I can take anything. But a poxy video game can send me into rages. I think part of it is that you feel angry with yourself and so it sort of seems alright-ish to rage on your own, but its not. If anything its even more embarrassing. I think a small part of it also comes down to you sort of feeling like you have the right to be great at games as its just a hobby and shouldn't require dedication but again this too is not true. 

• Like 1

Can't remember ever rage quitting a game but my SNES controllers have teeth marks in.

I did once flip a coffee table. Playing Pro Evo (PES, to the kids), 1-0 up in the World Cup final with five minutes to go. Somehow conceded two goals to Nigeria. Instant rage, instant regret. Spent the next hour cleaning up the contents of dozens of half empty beer cans and loaded ashtrays.

Now I just swear.

As I get older and gaming peripherals get more expensive, I pretty much just go off verbally now. The last thing I broke was a headset. It was one of those cheap pack in headsets with the X360 controllers. I was in party with RL friends while trying to do "Mile High Club" in COD MW1, and I missed the time by about .3 seconds. I try not to scream in friends ears, so I ripped the headset off, and I pulled it so hard I snapped the plastic headpiece in half. Once I found enough tape to jury rig it, my friends had a good laugh at me.

• Like 1