Question about PS4/VITA Cross-buy game

Some games I remember it is cross-buy before the introduction of new store in October last year.

When I search using web browser, they are with discount, but no words about cross-buy anymore.

But when I search using my VITA, they without discount, but said it is cross-buy.

So the version on the new store really do not include the VITA version anymore??

Edited by TheVengeance1231

1 hour ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

I want to buy some games before Vita store completely shutdown.

For example, the AS version of A Winter's Daydream, Breeder Homegrown, Drowning, Planet RIX-13.

I just checked and everything is fine. For example, Day of The Tentacle is £1.79 on both the PS4 and Vita stores.

A Winter's Daydream, Breeder Homegrown and Planet RIX-13 aren't cross-buy in my region at least, you have to buy them separately for each system, although they do have their own trophy lists, fortunately.  

Drowning I don't know, I have it and it was definitely cross-buy, but it doesn't mention anything in the description on the Vita and PS4 stores. I'm going to assume that it still is, unless the publisher changed it.

Edit: If you go into the PS4 Store on the console and go to All Games, then add a filter for Vita, you can see all the cross-buy games there. Drowning isn't on the list, so it must have been changed.

Edited by baboon_overlord
Update
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

I just checked and everything is fine. For example, Day of The Tentacle is £1.79 on both the PS4 and Vita stores.

A Winter's Daydream, Breeder Homegrown and Planet RIX-13 aren't cross-buy in my region at least, you have to buy them separately for each system, although they do have their own trophy lists, fortunately.  

Drowning I don't know, I have it and it was definitely cross-buy, but it doesn't mention anything in the description on the Vita and PS4 stores. I'm going to assume that it still is, unless the publisher changed it.

In the HK store, A Winter's Daydream, Breeder Homegrown, Drowning, Planet RIX-13 list differently.

Web browser: Has a PS4 version label, with discount, but no words about cross-buy anymore.

VITA store: Without discount, but said it is cross-buy.

I don't know if the ones with discount do or do not include the VITA version.

psprice.com said both are cross-buy, but the official web browser store has no words about cross-buy.

You could've logged in on old store to, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

I made the mistake myself of buying A Winter's Daydream on sale and only got the PS4 version. Had to then buy Vita version at full price, making it more expensive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

You could've logged in on old store to, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

I made the mistake myself of buying A Winter's Daydream on sale and only got the PS4 version. Had to then buy Vita version at full price, making it more expensive.

How about those ratalaika games?

The one with sales are not crossbuy anymore? 

1 minute ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

I mean those games I not mention in OP.

Like Blind Men,  are the sales one with cross buy? 

If you go into the PS4 Store on the console and go to All Games, then add a filter for Vita, you can see all the cross-buy games there. 

These games are regularly on sale, if they are on that list then for sure you will be able to buy both PS4 and Vita versions for a discount soon. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

If you go into the PS4 Store on the console and go to All Games, then add a filter for Vita, you can see all the cross-buy games there. 

These games are regularly on sale, if they are on that list then for sure you will be able to buy both PS4 and Vita versions for a discount soon. 

Thx,  I will try it.

7 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

As far as I know all Ratalaika games are crossbuy.

Sometimes You are greedy and only support crossbuy on AS Store.

Yes,  my knowledge is this too.

But after the new store pull down all ps3/vita games,  I dont know if the siuation was changed or not.

Because there are two version,  one regularly have discount,  and one always without discount. 

16 minutes ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

Thx,  I will try it.

Yes,  my knowledge is this too.

But after the new store pull down all ps3/vita games,  I dont know if the siuation was changed or not.

Because there are two version,  one regularly have discount,  and one always without discount. 

Only the PS4 and PS5 stacks are allowed to have sales, because Sony has blocked developers from doing anymore PS3 and Vita sales so last gen games will always be many times more expensive when it comes to stacking titles :(.

22 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

As far as I know all Ratalaika games are crossbuy.

Sometimes You are greedy and only support crossbuy on AS Store.

EastAsiaSoft publish the Sometimes You games in Asia, which is why those releases have cross-buy but the EU and NA versions don't.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I'm buying games through PS4 store mostly and all of my cross-buy purchases still end up in my Vita download section (EU/RU store). Games like Habroxia, MetaGal and Without Escape that i'm intended to play on Vita specifically got no issues involving cross-buy purchases.

• Like 1

@baboon_overlord

I tried your method, access the Hong Kong store using PS4.

Found A Winter's Daydream, Drowning, Planet RIX-13, all have discount and listed with PS4/VITA.

So I bought them, and got both version, saving money!!

@dzstrpc

Maybe you have to bought the sale one using PS4 store (but not the web store) for both version (?).

• 1 month later...

Its a sale on several titles from Ratalaika/eastasiasoft in Asia region right now. Many titles dont show up in the Vita shop and in the description on PS4 dont mention cross-buy. Not getting platinum stacks anymore. Look like this affect only Asia region not NA/EU. PS vita will be very dead soon.

• Like 1