Lines on characters during cutscenes

FleaSixty

Yeah, it's an issue with the emulation/backwards compatibility on PS5. Sadly, there's a lot of games like this on PS5. PS2 games on backwards compatible PS3s back in the day also had issues, heck, even some PS1 games (Legend of Legaia is a notorious one). There's always going to be issues when it comes to emulation even on official hardware, and sadly Sony have always seemed to be the worst when it comes to emulating their own systems. One of the many reasons to still keep a PS4 around, I recommend playing the game on a PS4 if you're able, if not, I doubt this is something that will ever get patched unfortunately given how the game is rather niche.

I assume this the issue you're referring to:

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I assume this the issue you're referring to:

Yes, that is indeed the issue. I've now finished the story so no more cutscenes. It just seemed really strange how it was only happening with the cutscenes and not much in the game itself. 

Have to say though I am enjoying the game apart from that issues.

1 hour ago, FleaSixty said:

Yes, that is indeed the issue. I've now finished the story so no more cutscenes. It just seemed really strange how it was only happening with the cutscenes and not much in the game itself. 

Have to say though I am enjoying the game apart from that issues.

May have something to do with how those particular cutscenes are rendered that the PS5 is not properly emulating. There's quite a few PS4 games on PS5 with similar issues, some of the most major/game breaking ones being in PS2 classics, though it probably doesn't help that those are being emulated twice over on PS5.

• Like 1