Is this Platinum doable as a new solo player?

So I've never played PUBG before, hell I've never even played a Battle Royale as they just aren't my thing. I've been curious about this game for quite some time though & recently seeing all the Viva La Dirt League skits for it has further kindled that interest.

Now obviously I know you need to win Duos & Squads at least once for trophies but I'm assuming some sort matchmaking will help find teammates for those modes.

I'm just wondering if the rest of the game can be achieved playing alone & what sort of difficulty a new player would be looking at.

I've read mixed things about lobbies this late into the games life, either lobbies full of hardcore players that destroy everyone or games full of bots but no-one seems to agree on which of those things actually happens. Bots I could work with, at least to learn the game & maps whereas I'd rather not be stuck in games where I die almost straight away without chance to learn/explore anything.

Any thoughts or insights especially from people playing the game now or recently would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

You need to team up with another player once to get the "Revive a teammate" trophy, and the "Ride in a vehicle with an enemy player" has to be done with another player since bots won't touch the vehicles.

The only time a game is finished quickly is Karakin, since it's such a small map, while all the others you probably won't see anyone for 10 minutes. Odds of running into another human player on those maps will probably take 20 minutes unless you drop as soon as you're allowed. That's solo FPP with crossplay off though, I've never tried the Duo/Squad modes yet.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 3/27/2021 at 9:58 PM, BigBlue198662 said:

It is definitely doable but it is a grind that at most times isn't fun. I'd say play the game in whatever game mode to learn the mechanics and such. Once you want to start targeting certain trophies I would recommended playing first-person perspective solo squads with crossplay disabled. This is the optimal mode imo because the lobbies will be mostly bots who will be downed when killed. This allows you to finish them off with grenades, cars, crossbows etc. to acquire whatever trophy you are focusing on. I've heard others have had trouble with kill tracking and that their trophies popped later than usual but I had no such issue and acquired the plat in around 120 hours.

I always had my crossplay on because I didn't think this game allowed a bunch of bots to play against,  then I thought the lobbies will be less popular with crossplay off but thanks for advice, this might make these trophies easier for me now.

• Like 1