Dead Nation DLC Content doesn't appear [Solved]

roshenRUSHEN

I have tried to download Dead Nation and its DLC content Road to Devastation, many times. However everytime I launch the game, the dlc content never appears on the games main menu title screen or in mode selection. I tried to download directly from the store, while searching for the content, from the download list in store and from Account Management's Transaction Management Download list. Still nothing shows up. Has anyone faced similar issue with the game? 

Edited by roshenRUSHEN
  • Like 1

Hi HaserPL, thanks for your reply. I am sure I have the right region compatible game, since it is from Denmark and I am accessing it from a Danish Account. But I am curious on how to access the in game store of the actual game. I don't see it anywhere on the menu at all

1 hour ago, roshenRUSHEN said:

Hi JimBob, it downloads both ps3 and vita version yes, I have a bubble of the vita version on my ps3.

Strange. Does the title screen say '+ Road to Devastation' underneath the Dead Nation logo? It should if the DLC is installed. If not then it's either gotta be the wrong region, which would make no sense, or you need to download a patch for the base game. What version is your Dead Nation?

Maybe SONY's having that thing again from a few weeks ago where some online stuff isn't functioning...

Edit: Just deleted and re-downloaded the game and no patch was offered. That's your problem for sure. The DLC is just a 100kb unlock code so the actual data for it needs to come via a patch, which for some reason has gone awol!

Edited by jimbob12345678

Seems like this is another of the games that are having update downloading issues on the PS3. Games like Gran Turismo 5 and Smash Cars are not downloading patches and are claiming the latest version is installed when they are at v1.00. The game needs the patch installed so it knows what the DLC is, and while this problem persists then there is nothing you can do unfortunately. Might be a good idea to contact Sony support and at least let them know about it. The more people do this and the more games that people tell Sony about then the better the chance they'll look into it and hopefully fix it.

8 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

Are these issues related to PSN outage at that time or cuz of PS3 store web browser closed or even these R already there but we didn’t notice!!?

This seems to be an issue that has started about a week or so ago (or was just noticed at that time). It's unrelated to any PSN store changes that have been going on, and shouldn't be related to whether the PSN has an outage. It is it's own separate issue.

Edited by Stevieboy

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

This seems to be an issue that has started about a week or so ago (or was just noticed at that time). It's unrelated to any PSN store changes that have been going on, and shouldn't be related to whether the PSN has an outage. It is it's own separate issue.

Holy cow ! This year is pretty bad & stressful for gamers . 

Seems like it's a known thing, at least to some degree, but just to throw the info out there I tried to update some other games I re-downloaded at the end of last year (plants vs zombies, magic: duels of the plainwalkers, chime super deluxe) and all of those worked. Quantum Conundrum did not work but the DLC worked without it so maybe it never had a patch to begin with!

• Like 1

Same for me.... I am trying to redownload the game now to see if anything changes. If not then i will send a message to PSN. I don't know why i had both (maybe i bought both? idk...) the bundle (main game + dlc) and the main game , dlc seperated, but now i am trying to download the bundle.. I will let you know.

PhoenixPerson_.png

• 8 months later...
On 27/12/2021 at 8:24 PM, Spookyentertainm said:

Did u ever figure out whats going on with dlc? I have tried to download vita version and its like it doesn't want to take my money lol

The issue was due to Sony Network issue back in March month, which effected a lot of games. I believe they sorta resolved the issue eventually, where my DLC content was readable with my game copy

1 hour ago, roshenRUSHEN said:

The issue was due to Sony Network issue back in March month, which effected a lot of games. I believe they sorta resolved the issue eventually, where my DLC content was readable with my game copy

Sounds like it's working for u then? I can't purchase this on vita store, and when I try downloading it on ps3 store I'm getting an error? Do u know of any way I could get it or should I just give up lol

On 30/12/2021 at 7:49 PM, Spookyentertainm said:

Sounds like it's working for u then? I can't purchase this on vita store, and when I try downloading it on ps3 store I'm getting an error? Do u know of any way I could get it or should I just give up lol

Yes it worked and I got my 100%. It worked after Sony resolved their server issue with games / store on PSN level. Either try Restore game license in your account  or try buy the dlc with different region account. Its a very tricky issue, and my memory is very blurry about this whole ordeal.

• 5 months later...
30 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

was any solution found for this? 

I bought dead nation on the vita store but whenever I try to buy the dlc it won't let me. its asking for a credit card even tho I have more than enough $ in my wallet

Same here been trying to find a solution ur the first person that has same experience as me 

51 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

was any solution found for this? 

I bought dead nation on the vita store but whenever I try to buy the dlc it won't let me. its asking for a credit card even tho I have more than enough $ in my wallet

21 minutes ago, Spookyentertainm said:

Same here been trying to find a solution ur the first person that has same experience as me 

Due to the changes of the store, it'll keep trying to verify payment methods on your account, even though they're not allowed anymore. The only fix is to delete your credit card/paypal off your account. After that it'll let you make the purchase

7 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Due to the changes of the store, it'll keep trying to verify payment methods on your account, even though they're not allowed anymore. The only fix is to delete your credit card/paypal off your account. After that it'll let you make the purchase

I've never had a cc/paypal attached to my psn 

I always use psn cards