[Video] 40 second platinum walkthrough!

On 3/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, CaptainJeff87 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself

I too love an easy plat but this is beyond ridiculous...

It's getting to the point where trophy hunters are essentially paying to get a plat and not the game itself

If this had the old style of 9 bronze, two silver and one gold trophy nobody would consider buying it 

Mark my words by the end of the year there will be a game with trophies like this...

- Launch the game

- Go the the options

- Adjust the volume

- Adjust the brightness 

- Look at the controls 

- Save your changes 

- Revert your changes 

- Start the first level 

- Move character in both directions

- Jump

- Defeat the first enemy 

Platinum unlocked

To be fair, those Arcade Archives games are like that. Just no platinum though.

• 2 months later...
On 22/06/2021 at 2:49 PM, sum1_worsethan_u said:

OP...you know that you have to catch 15 balls...you got two 7s listed in the video.

Two 7's? Nah it's a normal unedited plat run 1-16 baseballs... Also to be honest I recommend using the picture that I have added in the OP, labelling where the balls are gonna land and in what order, it's easier than the video.

(I can only presume by OP you mean you've accidentally watched the other video at the top of this page 2, and not the actual OP.. otherwise I dunno what you're on about lol).

On 3/28/2021 at 2:03 PM, CaptainJeff87 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself

I too love an easy plat but this is beyond ridiculous...

It's getting to the point where trophy hunters are essentially paying to get a plat and not the game itself

If this had the old style of 9 bronze, two silver and one gold trophy nobody would consider buying it 

Mark my words by the end of the year there will be a game with trophies like this...

- Launch the game

- Go the the options

- Adjust the volume

- Adjust the brightness 

- Look at the controls 

- Save your changes 

- Revert your changes 

- Start the first level 

- Move character in both directions

- Jump

- Defeat the first enemy 

Platinum unlocked

You may be pleased to see this trophy from Eat Lead (PS3) for pausing the game.

2f1654b5c3.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, esstee11 said:

Two 7's? Nah it's a normal unedited plat run 1-16 baseballs... Also to be honest I recommend using the picture that I have added in the OP, labelling where the balls are gonna land and in what order, it's easier than the video.

(I can only presume by OP you mean you've accidentally watched the other video at the top of this page 2, and not the actual OP.. otherwise I dunno what you're on about lol).

Lol...my bad...I was looking at the top of page 2...didn't even realize there was a page 1. Duh. My apologies...

• Like 1

I'm sure there are people out there that are sick of people like me constantly shitting on these games, but come on, this is really getting ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with an easy plat once in a while. I have the SpongeBob Heropants plat, and I had a good time with it. But these games that basically give you a platinum for playing a half-hour game are just silly. You didn't earn anything. This is like getting a belt just for throwing a jab in a boxing match.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I'm sure there are people out there that are sick of people like me constantly shitting on these games, but come on, this is really getting ridiculous.

Ikr? I hate sounding like a broken record sometimes, but this is just ridiculous st this point.

When you follow a guide step-by-step to unlock a platinum in less than a minute, I just don’t understand what the point is anymore. Why do these people even trophy hunt or enjoy this hobby? There’s no way anyone is getting any sort of satisfaction or sense of accomplishment, or even just simple fun when doing a game like this. The game is over and deleted off your hard drive before you even have a chance to enjoy it lol.

I really do understand why people enjoy an easy plat here and there - we all do. But there comes a point where people are just unlocking trophies purely for the sake of unlocking trophies. It becomes such an empty, meaningless endeavour and the pursuit of trophies starts to look more like an addiction than a hobby. Muthafuckas be crazy!

• Like 3

On 6/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, yuber1234 said:

Nothing wrong with an easy plat once in a while. I have the SpongeBob Heropants plat, and I had a good time with it. But these games that basically give you a platinum for playing a half-hour game are just silly. You didn't earn anything. This is like getting a belt just for throwing a jab in a boxing match.

That is still nowhere near as easy as the shit Breakthrough Gaming Arcade platinums are. The fastest times I see for SpongeBob Heropants is around five to seven hours, you can probably stack 20 - 50 Breakthrough Gaming Arcade games in that time period.

It really is getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

I'm probably one of the few people on this board old enough to remember the video game crash of 1983.  But here's the thing.....11 year old me absolutely fucking loved it.   I could take the couple of dollars allowance I got every week, head to the local department store, and buy some random shovelware game for like $1.99.   And as time went on, even some of the better titles (by Atari 2600 standards) and arcade ports eventually ended up in there as department stores wanted to get rid of anything to do with video games.  Of course, some of the games were crap even to 11 year old me, but most of the time, the games I bought could at least entertain me for an afternoon, longer than the money would last going to a movie or the arcade.  And in some cases, I did find some hidden gems that I would enjoy for days or even weeks before getting bored. 

Nowadays, I still love the shovelware.  I have a running competition going on with one of my family members....for absolutely no reason at all, we compete for who has the most trophies.  Difficulty doesn't matter.  Quality doesn't matter.  Quantity matters.  That's it.  So we love crap games like this.  This has been going on between us since trophies became a thing and probably ain't gonna stop any time soon.  

But enough about me.....Sometime after trophies and achievements became a thing, there were several articles that came out that said companies have found that easy trophy lists increase game sales.  This alone fueled sales and rentals for games like Hanna Montana, Terminator Salvation, and (on the XBox) Avatar.  Games like this saw huge, huge boosts in sales and rentals as a result of trophy hunters looking for easy trophies.   Now you add in sites like this with leaderboards that can be very easily gamed with anyone with a disposable income and the willingness to play all the shovelware these companies can dish out in order to secure spots near the top of the leaderboards. 

That's why games like this exist.  People like me who have no problems throwing a bit of disposable income at craptacular games like this for shits and giggles.  People who are effectively willing to buy spots near the top of trophy leaderboards.  People who for whatever reason, just want to pad their platinum count.   The market exists, and there's enough of a target audience to make this kind of shovelware profitable.  Sure, Sony *could* do some quality control and disallow games like this, but why would they?   This isn't 1983, where even the "better" games were pretty bad and the "better" games were getting drowned out in the sea of shovelware.   Sony gets their cut of every one of these crap games, shovelware creators make a profit, those who want games like this for whatever reason get them, and those who don't like these crap games can simply ignore them and focus on the numerous high quality titles that are out there.   The only ones who "lose" are the ones who take the leaderboards seriously and hate seeing people effectively buy their way to the top by getting all this shovelware.  But trophy hunters are already only a small fraction of Sony's overall player base, and the ones who are negatively impacted by this are only a small fraction of that small fraction. 

I would only consider crap games like this a problem when they start drowning out quality games, and the chances of that happening any time in the foreseeable future are exactly zero.  Sony is always going to make sure that the quality titles are at the forefront of their advertising, and bury crap like this to the point where you have to know it exists and actively search for it.  A single one of any games like HZD and the upcoming HFW, Spider Man, God of War, TLOU2, etc. will sell more copies than every piece of shovelware this company puts out combined, by several orders of magnitude.  Shovelware is not the threat it was 40 years ago. 

With that said, I'm off to buy every single other title in this series and extend my lead, because I can.  :D

• 3 months later...

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but holding UP on the D-Pad when starting the game will make all the balls go really slow.

I found this after seeing the "Challenge Mode" version had a similar cheat by holding LEFT on the D-Pad.